1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: Bruins need to exit the bush leagues

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OrrandShore's comment:
    [QUOTE]

PC and company need to deal with 3 indisputable FACTS:

FACT 1 - Lucic cannot take a legal hit without wanting to fight, but he drags this whole team into the bush leagues when he tries to fight while shaking hands after a loss.

FACT 2- You can take Thornton out of the bush league, but you can't take the bush league out of Thornton. Squirting water bottle and giving a guy a concussion while he's down makes this clown an EMBARRASSMENT.

FACT 3- There are a lot of good players on the Bruins, which I happen to like, but these two rotten apples are spoiling the entire team......

[/QUOTE]

As the old saying goes,show me a good loser and i'll show you a loser.

[/QUOTE]

It is not about being a good or bad loser. The guy cannot take a hit without wanting to fight. He is a pseudo-tough guy. He is an amazing physical specimen with average hockey skills. He has not figure out how to make is size work for him when the other team does not want to engage him in extra-curricular stuff. He took two shots in the last three games on the MTL series. Now that does not count the open nets he simply missed, but in 180 minutes of hockey a first-line winger (on ostensibly the best team in hockey), but the puck on the net twice.

Then, after the Bruins finished losing to the Canadiens, he became Mr. Tough Guy and talked smacked in the line. I hope Emelin and Weise told him that Lucic has plenty of extra time to rest up for whatever he wants to do next season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

stanley.. trading march would be a mistake certainly in the very near future .. it would be 

also keep in ind that perry before and during  these playoffd had not scored for at least 14 games maybe more id have to seach it. sure if mach had scored a few it may have made a huge difference but getting rid of him at this point but would be a mistake.

i persist on saying that we need a great draft . i think that is the way to go.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you marco with the draft ...but I am not saying we dump March for nothing we need to get a big name , an impact player in return espacially if we package him with Bart or McQuaid ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone want Bart or McQuaid? Bart would not have been on the ice if Seidenberg was healthy, right now he is a seventh defenseman on a good team. McQuaid is good, but utter replaceable (Kevan Miller stepped right into that roll). McQuaid was the sixth guy when we won the cup. I never realized how much we missed Ference until this series.

The way the Bruins team is built Boychuck needs to be the 4th D. That means they need a new number 3 assuming 38 year-old (next season) Chara, and coming off a knee Seidenberg can stay healthy. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]

stanley.. trading march would be a mistake certainly in the very near future .. it would be 

also keep in ind that perry before and during  these playoffd had not scored for at least 14 games maybe more id have to seach it. sure if mach had scored a few it may have made a huge difference but getting rid of him at this point but would be a mistake.

[/QUOTE]

This seems to be your latest mantra, but I'm not sure what you mean by, "great draft".

Teams that miss the playoffs, and are picking in the top 5, need to have a "great draft". President trophy winning Stanley Cup contenders, picking in the bottom 5, just hope they get a player that may contribute, 4 or 5 years down the road, or to be used as a chip in a trade deadline deal.

I am curious as to what you really think the Bruins can do with the picks they have, other than trading some of them, that would do anything to improve next year's team?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you marco with the draft ...but I am not saying we dump March for nothing we need to get a big name , an impact player in return espacially if we package him with Bart or McQuaid ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone want Bart or McQuaid? Bart would not have been on the ice if Seidenberg was healthy, right now he is a seventh defenseman on a good team. McQuaid is good, but utter replaceable (Kevan Miller stepped right into that roll). McQuaid was the sixth guy when we won the cup. I never realized how much we missed Ference until this series.

The way the Bruins team is built Boychuck needs to be the 4th D. That means they need a new number 3 assuming 38 year-old (next season) Chara, and coming off a knee Seidenberg can stay healthy. 

[/QUOTE]

u wont get anything for bart and not much for mcquaid i agree with boychuk ... i am ok though with him being number 3 .

ham can be number 4

i always always liked ference... he was afierce competitor and hated  MTL... we missed him in that series that's for sure

Chara is 38 at one point we have to acknowledge that age is a factor.  i like what little i saw from Miller.. i think he can develop into a decent dman with toughness

[/QUOTE]

Bart is an RFA, I think they just let him go. Honestly, Hamilton will probably be ahead of Boychuk next year. Boychuk was getting 17, 18, 19 minutes of regulation ice time in the Stanley Cup championship run. We was getting 3-4 more than that this year. That is too much. Age and injuries are definitely becoming factors for the top 2, so they definitely depth on defense and not a bunch of 5/6/7 guys like they had this year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Could you please explain what you mean by "great draft"?

I understand the need for non-playoff teams with a top 5 pick, needing a "great draft", but I am curious of the expectations you could have for a team drafting near the bottom of the 1st round.

It is a longshot that a player picked 24th  or 25th will ever be considered "great", or ever be more than a future bargaining chip in a trade deadline deal.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

The TEAM blew it, not ST and Lucic.  If anything Lucic was expressing frustration with himself and about 16 other guys in his locker room.

The REAL Stanley Cup Finals: LA vs. CHI - those are the 2 best organizations in the NHL right now, because they have both talent AND fire in the belly.  The Bs are a notch below because of the "fire in the belly" thing; they simply are a crapshoot with it.  LA got a pass last year because of a Cup hangover, but here they are just ripping through "better" teams in dramatic fashion AGAIN.  The Hawks are just perfectly built top to bottom.

What an afterthought that one of those teams will sweep the NYR or the Scabs out of the Finals.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The TEAM blew it, not ST and Lucic.  If anything Lucic was expressing frustration with himself and about 16 other guys in his locker room.

The REAL Stanley Cup Finals: LA vs. CHI - those are the 2 best organizations in the NHL right now, because they have both talent AND fire in the belly.  The Bs are a notch below because of the "fire in the belly" thing; they simply are a crapshoot with it.  LA got a pass last year because of a Cup hangover, but here they are just ripping through "better" teams in dramatic fashion AGAIN.  The Hawks are just perfectly built top to bottom.

What an afterthought that one of those teams will sweep the NYR or the Scabs out of the Finals.

[/QUOTE]

Agree it was team failure from management on down to the play on the ice. Montreal clearly wanted it more winning it with their defense (tight back checking) and goaltending.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

THIS IS A GREAT DRAFT

[/QUOTE]

Great draft huh ? 

Have any players in mind that the Bruins can pick from ........as you're hoping for .............that can step in right away ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Anyone who thinks Lucic telling players he's going to maul them next year in the handshake lineup or ST squirting water are such reprehensible acts that they require admonishment must have just started watching in the 21st century.

May I suggest going over to hockeyfights.com and see what teams (tops teams mind you) did to each other on a consistent basis during the 70's, 80's, and even early 90's. Then you may want to reconsider your outrage over idle threats and water.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know Fletch, but I think the squirt would have been great if PK was sitting on the bench, or skating towards it after a whistle.  I didn't like the that it was during the course of play though.  The Lucic thing is fine by me.  I hope he stays true to his promises!

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this BTW, and I posted pretty early on about that.  You can't have someone on the bench interfering with play and squirting water.  I just think we might have reached the point where every possible ounce has been squeezed out of that story.  I mean, that stuff does happen sometimes.  In Montreal, you'd have thought Thornton ejaculated on him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No player should be squirting water on another player from the bench. But lets be honest, Subban exaggerated when he said he couldn't see.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SylvesterMexicano. Show SylvesterMexicano's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:[QUOTE]

This is a great draft.... I used tge 2007 mtl draft ur aware of that right? 

Players? Up to the Scouts to reveal the. .... they are always there. Now ideally if some can step in right away and skip the ahl but when I say step in ... meaning not taking  yrs or more like. 1 yr or 1, 5 years in Ahl .  [/QUOTE]

Not better than the Bruins 2006 draft. Oh and where is Ryan McDonagh these days ?

Is that what scouts do ? Amazing...tell us more.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SylvesterMexicano. Show SylvesterMexicano's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:[QUOTE]

Not better than the Bruins 2006 draft. Oh and where is Ryan McDonagh these days ?

Is that what scouts do ? Amazing...tell us more. [/QUOTE]

Where is ryan mcdonaugh? How about with the Rangers and their top d man.How about one of the finest dman in the nhl [/QUOTE]

Wow it's amazing how you use the internet. Scott Gomez was a brilliant acquisition for the Shabs.

1993!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

Sorry had to stop ... I was feeding my dog ... he loves tacos. 

Anyhow  I said Chia...at the 2006 draft chia was not the gm at the bruins draft table he was still employed by Ottawa

Ok dog I'll give u more tacos man ud think he want to eat something more healthy like dog food

Ok gotto go

[/QUOTE]

This is the best post on this thread, perhaps the internet.

I cannot stop laughing.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SylvesterMexicano. Show SylvesterMexicano's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:  Wow it's amazing how you use the internet. Scott Gomez was a brilliant acquisition for the Shabs.

1993!

All right ur wasting my time and time is money. ... you know dollars not that other form of "currency" ... as I said I'm refraining and  man would I love to express myself so unless u propose another forum or discussion place

DW THOUGH SOME ENTIRE CIVILIZATIONS ARE IGNORED BY OTHER CIVILIZATIONS THAT ARE ACTUALLY CIVILIZED ON A WORLD LEVEL AND HAS BEEN THIS WAy WHAT SEEMS as an ETERNITY. [/QUOTE]

You still don't know what "refraining" is apparently.You also have showed, no one on here, what you know about NHL drafting. Spewing the same rhetoric over and over again only shows what you really are.

Why are you writing in all caps ? U Mad ?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-police-brace-for-overzealous-habs-fans-1.2618025

Civilization ?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

re. Now ideally if some can step in right away and skip the ahl but when I say step in ... meaning not taking  yrs or more like. 1 yr or 1, 5 years in Ahl . 

--------

You do realize that there's talk that the top prospects ( Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennet etc. ) all might end up going back to their respective junior clubs next season for more development ?

And you're expecting the Bruins to go out and find a needle in a haystack to step right into the NHL ?

Great draft ? More like a miracle draft.

Pretty stupid commentary............... even for you.