Bruins need to re-sign Ryder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Bruins need to re-sign Ryder

Some players get you to the playoffs, some players get you through the playoffs. Ryder is one of the latter. Sure, not enough bang for the buck sometimes in regular season play, but boy does he step it up come crunch time. The B's missed the boat by letting Satan walk, let's not do the same with Ryder; especially with Horton a question mark to start the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Bruins need to re-sign Ryder

NO!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

In Response to Bruins need to re-sign Ryder:
    [QUOTE]Some players get you to the playoffs, some players get you through the playoffs. Ryder is one of the latter. Sure, not enough bang for the buck sometimes in regular season play, but boy does he step it up come crunch time. The B's missed the boat by letting Satan walk, let's not do the same with Ryder; especially with Horton a question mark to start the season.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Agreed with you OrrEspoCash ! They need to re-sign Ryder for sure ! He step up during the playoffs when it count. It's also the type of player who score big goals (killer goals)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Some get your through the playoffs.  This is one year of doing this.  In a contract year.  I have some florida swamp land if you wanna buy it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins need to re-sign Ryder:
    [QUOTE]Some get your through the playoffs.  This is one year of doing this.  In a contract year.  I have some florida swamp land if you wanna buy it.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I have plenty of issues with Ryder but I think we absolutely have to, and will resign him. He catches a lot of flak, but this guy really is a two way player. Some of his plays in the defensive zone have been huge!! Maybe even bigger than his goals. On top of that I think he stays with us at a discount. If hes willing to sign with us between 2 and 3 mil per how do you NOT sign him?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Have to?  You want another 2-3 yrs of this clown.  I cant wait to show him the door.  2 way at what?  if he doesnt get his occasionsal goal he is invisible.  3 million?  I would give him any more than a 1 million.  In fact, no I wouldnt. 

Are you CJ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

There is one thing though he seems to produce when comes playoff times.  I would not give him 4 but maybe i would go up to 3!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

I knew a post like this was coming...but NO. Thank him for his great playoff play and move on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]                                          NO!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

San Dog got it right.

NO!

I saw a player that turned in an nice goal, one nice back check - and what else?

No follow through checks.  Many shifts where he didn't hustle.

I believe they can pick up a FA that can contribute more overall.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins need to re-sign Ryder : San Dog got it right. NO! I saw a player that turned in an nice goal, one nice back check - and what else? No follow through checks.  Many shifts where he didn't hustle. I believe they can pick up a FA that can contribute more overall.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Yup, his name is Raffi Torres.  :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

As Ryder made that pick-pocket play in the 3rd, immediately after saying what a great two-way play it was, I said "I wish he'd show up more." I love what the guy has given the team through the playoffs, but he is the ultimate treat-or-MIA player. Thats Ryders M.O. and someone will overpay him for these playoffs. I just hope it isn't the Bruins.
    LET'S GO BRUINS!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Have to?  You want another 2-3 yrs of this clown.  I cant wait to show him the door.  2 way at what?  if he doesnt get his occasionsal goal he is invisible.  3 million?  I would give him any more than a 1 million.  In fact, no I wouldnt.  Are you CJ?
    Shupe, in all seriousness, we'd all be singing Ryder's praises if he was only making 2 mil. instead of 4. I would obviously be be more receptive to resigning him(for no higher than 1.5) if we win the cup. If we don't win, it will make it that much harder to forget how badly Ryder let everyone down for the last 3 years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins need to re-sign Ryder : Yup, his name is Raffi Torres.  :-)
    Oh God, please no. I hope Torres drives off a cliff in the off-season and his fellow leprechaun Steve Downie is his passenger.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins need to re-sign Ryder : Yup, his name is Raffi Torres.  :-)

I'll argue that Marchand is the most honest rat of them all.
    He dropped the gloves after creating mayhem in the corner down there.
    Avery would have turtled.
    And he hasn't hurt anyone real bad with a cheap shot like Lapierre and Cooke and others did.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins need to re-sign Ryder : I'll argue that Marchand is the most honest rat of them all. He dropped the gloves after creating mayhem in the corner down there. Avery would have turtled. And he hasn't hurt anyone real bad with a cheap shot like Lapierre and Cooke and others did.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE
    Avery is a decent fighter.  Lapierre and Cooke are just in a different level. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins need to re-sign Ryder : Shupe, in all seriousness, we'd all be singing Ryder's praises if he was only making 2 mil. instead of 4. I would obviously be be more receptive to resigning him(for no higher than 1.5) if we win the cup. If we don't win, it will make it that much harder to forget how badly Ryder let everyone down for the last 3 years.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

No.  No and no.  please don't tell me he has you fooled as well.  If he wins a cup I will cheer and then wish him good luck with whatever team he signs with.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Get real.  Ryder is a huge gamble for next year.  His career production has been on a generally downward trend.  He's been MIA for some very long stretches. 

It's like watching the heart rate monitor on a dying person.  You KNOW you are going to hear that steady buzz sometime soon.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I would absolutely have him back if he comes at a cheaper price.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins need to re-sign Ryder : No.  No and no.  please don't tell me he has you fooled as well.  If he wins a cup I will cheer and then wish him good luck with whatever team he signs with.
      He hasn't fooled me at all. I'd have no problem with Ryder playing 3rd or 4th line for a 1 year deal at 1.5 and a team option for a 2nd year. Make it an incentive laden deal and we might see the "good" Ryder show up a little more often.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins need to re-sign Ryder : Oh God, please no. I hope Torres drives off a cliff in the off-season and his fellow leprechaun Steve Downie is his passenger.
    Posted by Sportsnutty[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

And hopefully f*ckface Lapierre is in the back seat!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

It's really frustrating because if he ACTUALLY showed up and gave the effort he's put forward in some of these playoff games all 82 games, he'd be a consistant 25-30 goal scorer every year (not have years where he didn't show up like '09 and '10).

With that being said, I think he gets a better offer somewhere else, and I think Cam will not be fooled and allow PC or anyone else in our front office to tie him up for 2-3 more years at $2.5-3M.

Even if we win the cup, I'd thank him for his time, and move on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

why not just sign gagne...much better option

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins need to re-sign Ryder : I don't like Gagne.  If we win the Stanley Cup, i don't mind if we re-sign everyone.  They'd all be legends at that point.  Kaberle and Ryder will both probably be due for a little bit less per year.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]
    Matt, I agree with your line of thinking. A Cup win would make me question whether(or why) I would want to change anything. A Cup win means I'd welcome everyone back at the right price.

GO BRUINS!!!!!!    2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins need to re-sign Ryder : Matt, I agree with your line of thinking. A Cup win would make me question whether(or why) I would want to change anything. A Cup win means I'd welcome everyone back at the right price.     GO BRUINS!!!!!!    2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Even with a cup win I am not sure I would want Kaberle back.I would like Ryder back as long as the money was reasonable .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

As long as CJ is here , so is Ryder.. just stating the obvious.. he will sign for less money, that I have no doubt..

Sections
Shortcuts