Bruins need to re-sign Ryder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Bruins need to re-sign Ryder

In Response to Re: Bruins need to re-sign Ryder:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins need to re-sign Ryder : Even with a cup win I am not sure I would want Kaberle back.I would like Ryder back as long as the money was reasonable .
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]
    I don't see any obvious reason to make changes to a championship team  unless it becomes necessary. 
        GO BRUINS!!!!!!    2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from conmaster83. Show conmaster83's posts

If it wasn't for ryder and his absolutley ridiculous save he made in game 5 of the montreal series,(which i was at) we wouldn't be here in the stanley cup finals!That game would've been over, along with our series!Plus he's made countless solid defensive plays as well!So the question is should we re-sign him? C'mon that's a no-brainer!Yes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins need to re-sign Ryder:[QUOTE]As long as CJ is here , so is Ryder.. just stating the obvious.. he will sign for less money, that I have no doubt..Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

This is the point I can't get by in a debate Cowboys so I agree...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

If the price is right sure sign him. I can't believe how he is backchecking as well in the playoffs, I am impressed. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

If you don't want him around next year, cross your fingers that he continues scoring.  It will be fresh in the memories of GMs come July 1st, and someone desperate for a scoring winger will make him an offer he can't refuse.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Ryder is like Bellhorn.
    He's showing up at the right time. Doesn't mean they should re-sign the guy.
    He'll likely parlay this into a 3+ mill deal from someone. and good for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from john-88. Show john-88's posts

Why I say No!

Ryder has played very well & I do believe someone will offer a multi deal worth 3.5 to 4 mil per year; which for us is too much!

Next let us not forget if Horton was healthy Seguin would be in the press box! Next year Seguin & Caron should see some playing time; let us not forget that at some point Savard will come back!

I like Ryder but we have young up coming talent & maybe Savard coming back as well, so again No!

Thanks Ryder for the effort & I wish you well!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

He's right we should. Next year, right before the playoffs. He's the next Miro Satan people, steps it up in a contract year and in big games (sometimes).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]He's right we should. Next year, right before the playoffs. He's the next Miro Satan people, steps it up in a contract year and in big games (sometimes).
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

On that note, I'd like to see Brooks Laich in his spot next year, Caron in Recchi's spot, and Kampfer in Kaberle's spot. (Not necessarily in the same roles, i.e. Laich would be Line 2)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

I think he's doing a great job but I don't see how you can carry a 3rd line center at 4m per season. Rich Peverley is currently signed through 2012 and earns 1.4m next year. I don't see how you can justify such a huge discrepancy. I'd have Ryder back at 3m max with the savings being redistributed around other players. Also, don't forget that Marchand is a restricted free agent in the summer and will be looking for (and deserving of) a raise.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins need to re-sign Ryder : On that note, I'd like to see Brooks Laich in his spot next year, Caron in Recchi's spot, and Kampfer in Kaberle's spot. (Not necessarily in the same roles, i.e. Laich would be Line 2)
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE] I think Kampfer may fill one of the bottom spots on the B's defence next year but Kaberle was projected to be no .2 behind Chara.I don't think substituting Kampfer for Kaberle puts us ahead next year.If the B's don't resign Kaberle they will be looking for a proven [Kampfer is not there yet] offensive D .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins need to re-sign Ryder : I think Kampfer may fill one of the bottom spots on the B's defence next year but Kaberle was projected to be no .2 behind Chara.I don't think substituting Kampfer for Kaberle puts us ahead next year.If the B's don't resign Kaberle they will be looking for a proven [Kampfer is not there yet] offensive D .
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]

That's what I meant when I said they wouldn't necessarily be taking the exact spots. Basically I'm saying Caron and Laich take the two vacant wings and Kampfer takes the vacant D left by Kaberle. Where they end up would depend on how they do in camp.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RidingwiththeQueen. Show RidingwiththeQueen's posts

HUBBY SAID RYDER IS A UNIDIMENSIONAL PLAYER SO HE SAID NO DON'T RESIGN HIM

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins need to re-sign Ryder : That's what I meant when I said they wouldn't necessarily be taking the exact spots. Basically I'm saying Caron and Laich take the two vacant wings and Kampfer takes the vacant D left by Kaberle. Where they end up would depend on how they do in camp.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

And chances are, assuming my D-corp is exact, it'll look like:

Chara - Seids
    Manchuk - Ference
    Quaider - Kampfer

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]                                          NO!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Caron will fill in nicely for Ryder next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

If Horton is ok and assuming Savard will retire or at least be out another year they don't really have a spot for him. They would have to move a Palle/Campbell/Kelly to even have room and that leaves Caron in providence next year or one of the three above as a healthy scratch. I would bring him back if they had room at about $2.2 mil (blake wheeler money) but I don't see it happening.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

For 1.5 mil on a 1 year deal I don't mind that he will be DNP Coach's decision from time to time.  As you approach 2 million plus, I think there is more upside in leaving the 9th Forward position open for competiton with the young players coming up.  There will not be a whole lot of turnover going into next year and I certainly think you could afford some growing pains for that slot on the roster given the stability of the other 11 forwards.  I woulkd then spend my money on the best D-man we could get whether that be an RFA like Weber or a UFA like Bieksa.  I would like to see Boychuck, Mcwquaid, Kampfer and Bartkowski all battling for playing time next year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

I think if we can get him at any thing under 3, YES! we do have to sign him. Im gonna guess he would stay with us for somewhere around 2.5. You guys thinking 1.5 are crazy! Some of our fourth liners make about that. Look at Tanguay, he had a descent year. Hes probably gonna get somewhere between 3-5 years at 3+per. Id rather have Ryder, and at better money. The guy always comes to play in the playoffs and I want proven playoff competitors on this team. Il take one any day for 2.5 mil. per. Even his 3 years at 4mill are worth ever penny if his contributions help us bring a Stanley cup to Boston this coming week. Go take a look at some of the names making between 2-3. I bet some of you would be surprised at some of the names on that list. Everyone around here should know from our past experience with"certain players". The regular season aitn $h!^. You NEED guys that turn up their game in the playoffs. No one is gonna change my mind. Ryder frustrates the heck out of me sometimes, but come April and May, Ive always been happy to have him as a Bruin. To me that all its about.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Comparable to Kostitsyn at $3.25, I say he takes home discount $2.8

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

NICE GUY  BUT NO 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins need to re-sign Ryder : Shupe, in all seriousness, we'd all be singing Ryder's praises if he was only making 2 mil. instead of 4. I would obviously be be more receptive to resigning him(for no higher than 1.5) if we win the cup. If we don't win, it will make it that much harder to forget how badly Ryder let everyone down for the last 3 years.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE

im sorry dez but going to have to agree and disagree with u. i agree that if ryder was making 2 million he would be well worth it at 4 million not so much. it seems
    me he is on the downslope of his career. his time in boston 4million for 3 years with playoffs considered i call it a wash especially with this playoff performance. unfortunately with this playoff his asking price in the offseason will probably be in the 4 million range. i know its sounds crazy but his playoff and cap going up sounds like raise or same dollars to me. unless of course he takes hometown discount to stay with julian.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

would love to see Seguin riding RW with 37 & 63   Caron with 23 & 49  17-46-18  drop Kaberle-Ryder-Recchi & sign a good Dman  Bieska? Pitiken?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Quit simply...depends on the price.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Comparable to Kostitsyn at $3.25, I say he takes home discount $2.8
    Posted by number08[/QUOTE]

Kostitsyn is 5 years younger.  A #10 overall pick.  He has been way more consistent than Ryder.  Ryder was an 8th round pick, #261 overall.  Kostitsyn potentially hasn't peaked yet.  Ryder has clearly already peaked and will continue to provide sporadic performance. 

This is not a comparable.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Think of it this way: When Ryder's out on the ice or in the lineup, do you worry? I don't. Are you surprised when he scores? I'm not. Do you see defensive mistakes? Nope. Has he been THE difference-maker in 2-3 games this playoffs? Yup.

Sounds like a solid 3rd line guy to me. Recchi is going away, so somebody's gonna move up. Happy to see him return. Dez had the $$ right...somewhere in the $2.5 range with a $1.75 or $2 option for a 2nd year. The guy did have 18 goals and 41 points this year. It's in the same region as Versteeg, Penner, Kostitsyn, Wheeler, Bertuzzi, Kane.