Bruins NOT interested in extending Marchand???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Bruins NOT interested in extending Marchand???

In Response to Re: Bruins NOT interested in extending Marchand???:
    [QUOTE]But to give up 2 #1's and a #2 for a rental, that ain't "free".
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

You are utterly missing the point.  First off, your analogy doesn't work.  A 50" TV is nothing more than a luxury, not a tool or a means to an end, and the point isn't a simple question of paying cash but the difference between getting A and B instead of A or B.  Try this one: it's the mid-1980s and you have $100K to your name.  You can put a downpayment on a house in West Van or buy Microsoft stock.   Your bank offers to give you a mortgage without a downpayment (Kaberle trade).  You'll pay more for the house overall, but you get it now, and you'll still be able to invest your $100K in Microsoft.

15 years later, you've used your dividends from the Microsoft stock to pay off the mortgage ahead of time, and your property is now worth 10 times what it was. (Stanley Cup win).  The "value" of the money you got from the bank will always be infinitely higher than the amount of money you have to pay back.  So the loan is better than free.  Like this hypothetical situation, the Cup winning Bruins are asset rich with the Cup in hand - the birds in the bush are worth nothing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins NOT interested in extending Marchand??? : Savard is not coming back period.
    Posted by CTGAMER[/QUOTE]
    Lottery numbers for Fri & Sat plse?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Article came out today:

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins NOT interested in extending Marchand??? : You are utterly missing the point.  First off, your analogy doesn't work.  A 50" TV is nothing more than a luxury, not a tool or a means to an end, and the point isn't a simple question of paying cash but the difference between getting A and B instead of A or B.  Try this one: it's the mid-1980s and you have $100K to your name.  You can put a downpayment on a house in West Van or buy Microsoft stock.   Your bank offers to give you a mortgage without a downpayment (Kaberle trade).  You'll pay more for the house overall, but you get it now, and you'll still be able to invest your $100K in Microsoft. 15 years later, you've used your dividends from the Microsoft stock to pay off the mortgage ahead of time, and your property is now worth 10 times what it was. (Stanley Cup win).  The "value" of the money you got from the bank will always be infinitely higher than the amount of money you have to pay back.  So the loan is better than free.  Like this hypothetical situation, the Cup winning Bruins are asset rich with the Cup in hand - the birds in the bush are worth nothing.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Bam! Right in the kisser..........great analogy BB!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins NOT interested in extending Marchand??? : That doesn't surprise me ,he is cocky ,arrogant and often acts like an imbecile ..I don't think he is someone who I would like ,personally .......but the kid can play hockey and I love having him on our team . 
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]
    Dallas, can you offer any specific examples of this behavior from Marchand?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins NOT interested in extending Marchand??? : Dallas, can you offer any specific examples of this behavior from Marchand?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE] Off ice ,of course not ..I don't know what goes on in the dressing room but I have watched Brad play for quite a few years going back to his time in Halifax and he has always been arrogant on the ice.How about when he skated by the Vancouver bench and was dusting himself off as if to imply ,I am finished with you guys. Of course I want him back ,he played outstanding in the playoffs last year?Do I want him to change the way he plays? No,not really ,he is an agitator that every team needs .  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins NOT interested in extending Marchand??? : Dallas, can you offer any specific examples of this behavior from Marchand?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Cocky and arrogant:  Golf swing vs. Toronto

Imbecile:  Take any and all of his dirty, chippy stupid moves over the course of the season.  If that's not enough, reply the video of him rapping at the parade.  Also feel free to view the pics from the Foxwoods party.

Total imbecile.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins NOT interested in extending Marchand??? : Cocky and arrogant:  Golf swing vs. Toronto Imbecile:  Take any and all of his dirty, chippy stupid moves over the course of the season.  If that's not enough, reply the video of him rapping at the parade.  Also feel free to view the pics from the Foxwoods party. Total imbecile.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    You're gonna use the night the team ran up a bar tab to over a hundred grand (in celebration of winning sport's ultimate prize) as an example of Brad being arrogant and an imbecile...........I'm sure there was lot's of bravado in the room that night. As a matter of fact, from the pictures I saw, Marchand seemed to have lots of friends and is seemingly well liked. Regarding his rapping, I think it makes him out as more of a good sport than a dink. I can't imagine he has visions of a recording career after hockey. Look, I get it. You don't like the way the guy plays but that doesn't mean you know anything about what he's like as a person. If he punches an elderly cab driver during the off-season I might start to see him in a different light. Until then I see him as a young athlete that has life by the balls right now. I would think that every one of the Bruins has added a bit of swagger since the win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Lots of B's acted with class.  He acted like a foolish fratboy, an imbecile.

It's how I view the guy.  I know we don't agree, and that's okay.

You still smell like dirty old hockey socks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Lots of B's acted with class.  He acted like a foolish fratboy, an imbecile. It's how I view the guy.  I know we don't agree, and that's okay. You still smell like dirty old hockey socks.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I plan to shower before the week is over though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins NOT interested in extending Marchand??? : You're gonna use the night the team ran up a bar tab to over a hundred grand (in celebration of winning sport's ultimate prize) as an example of Brad being arrogant and an imbecile...........I'm sure there was lot's of bravado in the room that night. As a matter of fact, from the pictures I saw, Marchand seemed to have lots of friends and is seemingly well liked. Regarding his rapping, I think it makes him out as more of a good sport than a dink. I can't imagine he has visions of a recording career after hockey. Look, I get it. You don't like the way the guy plays but that doesn't mean you know anything about what he's like as a person. If he punches an elderly cab driver during the off-season I might start to see him in a different light. Until then I see him as a young athlete that has life by the balls right now. I would think that every one of the Bruins has added a bit of swagger since the win.

That's the last straw for me with Marchand. What's next ? Having fun !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruins48. Show BostonBruins48's posts

The only reason the Bruins & Brad Marchand haven't come to terms yet is that Peter Chiarelli has been on vacation for most of August.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]The only reason the Bruins & Brad Marchand haven't come to terms yet is that Peter Chiarelli has been on vacation for most of August.
    Posted by BostonBruins48[/QUOTE]

No.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins NOT interested in extending Marchand??? : You're gonna use the night the team ran up a bar tab to over a hundred grand (in celebration of winning sport's ultimate prize) as an example of Brad being arrogant and an imbecile...........I'm sure there was lot's of bravado in the room that night. As a matter of fact, from the pictures I saw, Marchand seemed to have lots of friends and is seemingly well liked. Regarding his rapping, I think it makes him out as more of a good sport than a dink. I can't imagine he has visions of a recording career after hockey. Look, I get it. You don't like the way the guy plays but that doesn't mean you know anything about what he's like as a person. If he punches an elderly cab driver during the off-season I might start to see him in a different light. Until then I see him as a young athlete that has life by the balls right now. I would think that every one of the Bruins has added a bit of swagger since the win.
    For sure Dez, a young guy in the prime of life, coming off a Stanley Cup win , having a good time. Who'd a thunk it ! Now if Brad punched an old lady at the do, then thats another story. Rapping ? C'mon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

K. Dupont was on TSN's That's Hockey talking with Gino R. and feels confident that Brad will sign before training camp at around $3m per for 3-4 yrs. For whatever that's worth, I hope it's true.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Pretty sure every player acts like a "frat boy" when they drink from the Cup.
    Shawn Thornton was drinking from a 50L bottle of wine or however big it was.
    Patrice Bergeron, ever our beloved leader, called Marchand up to the mic to start rapping, and even got in on the end of it. And if either of them was smashed of the two, it was Bergeron.

Brad Marchand is 23. Looking at it in a certain light, tons of his friends back home are probably "frat-boy imbeciles".

Please disregard previous statement regarding my disregarding of your statements of Marchand. You're a complete and utter tool.

For the record: I've met Brad before and he actually seemed like a rather normal kid.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Pretty sure every player acts like a "frat boy" when they drink from the Cup. Shawn Thornton was drinking from a 50L bottle of wine or however big it was. Patrice Bergeron, ever our beloved leader, called Marchand up to the mic to start rapping, and even got in on the end of it.And if either of them was smashed of the two, it was Bergeron. Brad Marchand is 23. Looking at it in a certain light, tons of his friends back home are probably "frat-boy imbeciles". Please disregard previous statement regarding my disregarding of your statements of Marchand. You're a complete and utter tool. For the record: I've met Brad before and he actually seemed like a rather normal kid.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

Bergeron rapping also ? The nerve of him . I've lost all respect for him !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbsExgusyY

Who is Marchand going to convert into doing evil things next ? Seguin ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfxkngPQcmA&feature=related

And say it ain't so . The ultra conservative Chara tagging along with the rat b#*tard Marchand raising the cup having a good time. Shouldn't he be riding his bike training for next year ? Marchand's a bad influence on them all.

Imbecile or is he just a young guy celebrating the cup win with his teammates ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z7Zor9SBEE&feature=related

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins NOT interested in extending Marchand??? : Bergeron rapping also ? The nerve of him . I've lost all respect for him ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbsExgusyY Who is Marchand going to convert into doing evil things next ? Seguin ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfxkngPQcmA&feature=related And say it ain't so . The ultra conservative Chara tagging along with the rat b#*tard Marchand raising the cup having a good time. Shouldn't he be riding his bike training for next year ? Marchand's a bad influence on them all. Imbecile or is he just a young guy celebrating the cup win with his teammates ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z7Zor9SBEE&feature=related
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

It's my opinion.  I think the kid plays like a jerk on the ice and acts like a fool off of it.  Keep tracking me, Chowda.  You're looking more stupid each day.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

We've all got our favourites - and our 'un-favourites'.  It's no biggie.  I really like Marchand -- but I know it's only because he's a Bruin.  If we were on any other team I would probably consider him in the same vein as Lapierre or Burrows (minus the diving).  Bergeron would be a favourite of mine no matter where he played.  It's kinda like that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The thing I've always liked about Marchand is the same thing Thomas said about Lucic last year - he wants to be the hero.  He wants to be the guy who takes over big games.  There have always been guys who have that sense of "the moment" and when everyone else gets tight or plays cautious, they find a different kind of energy.  Plenty of stars like that, but it's guys like Marchand that you really notice, because they seem to go from being solid second-line players to world-beaters.

I'd respect that about Marchand no matter where he played, even if I had a hard time reconciling that respect with contempt for other antics.  The only guy (so far as I remember) who fits this mould who I couldn't reconcile was Claude Lemieux.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins NOT interested in extending Marchand???:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins NOT interested in extending Marchand??? : Bergeron rapping also ? The nerve of him . I've lost all respect for him ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbsExgusyY Who is Marchand going to convert into doing evil things next ? Seguin ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfxkngPQcmA&feature=related And say it ain't so . The ultra conservative Chara tagging along with the rat b#*tard Marchand raising the cup having a good time. Shouldn't he be riding his bike training for next year ? Marchand's a bad influence on them all. Imbecile or is he just a young guy celebrating the cup win with his teammates ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z7Zor9SBEE&feature=related Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

That's a mighty fine opinion backed with facts. I would say Marchand's level of acting like a jerk is much, much less than say Ott, Avery or Cooke but that's just my opinion.

How dare Brad get drunk with his mature Captain Big Z ? priceless...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins NOT interested in extending Marchand??? : That's a mighty fine opinion backed with facts. I would say Marchand's level of acting like a jerk is much, much less than say Ott, Avery or Cooke but that's just my opinion. How dare Brad get drunk with his mature Captain Big Z ? priceless...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

SHHHHHHHH ! Someone doesn't like it when you don't agree with him.

btw, if you do you'll look as stupid as me and it will end bad for you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins NOT interested in extending Marchand??? : SHHHHHHHH ! Someone doesn't like it when you don't agree with him. btw, if you do you'll look as stupid as me and it will end bad for you.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    I'm constantly looking stupid..........it's surprisingly easy to get used to........just ask Yaz when he comes back to tell us all how terrible Seguin is...........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I don't really know Marchand or NAS... but if I had to pick one to sit next to on a 10 hour flight to Europe, I'd take Marchand hands down.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Nah man NAS has a seriously positive outlook on life and likely wouldn't complain the whole flight.....it would be a smooth ride.
    Marchand wouldn't provide any sort of entertainment and comes off as socially awkward.