Bruins on CBC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

Bruins on CBC

So I looked a head on my TV looking to see what channel the Bruins would be on tonight as its the NHL playoffs and I currently in Nova Scottia so I kinda expect every NHL Playoff game to be on TV. I look ahead and the only teams on TV tonight at 8:30 is the Sens game and Sharks game.

So I go onto NHL and look at the schedule and its
    Bruins/Caps CBC,NBCSN,RDS2,CSN-MA (HD),NESN (HD)
    Sens/NY CBC,NHLN-US,RDS,MSG (HD)

So how can CBC have two games at the same time slot? I understand why CBC would play Sens/NY over Bruins/Caps but why have both? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Bruins on CBC

It may be because CBC streams all its games on-line (for free by the way) so it does not matter how many games are going on at the same time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted this on another thread but can answer your question.

Bell Satellite packages seems like the game is on a CBC affiliate in the West, CHEX , even though if you look at the description it doesn't say yet (has OTT-NYR) and that's not very accurate . 
    Must be the same on Rogers. Shaw ? 
    Otherwise in the Province of Quebec it's on RDS2 in French.

Bell has about 7 or 8 CBC channels (CBC Halifax, Monrteal, Ottawa, Toronto, Pacific , CHEX etc...) 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

Really? That would make my day if its on

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The game will definitely be on CBC in some form. As Legion points out, just find out from your provider what affiliate is in your region and if you have that channel in your package. If the B's game is not on the TV where you live it will be streamed live on the CBC website.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Last night, NHL.com had a "Channel Finder" where you would enter your zip code, and it would spit out area providers and what channels the games would be on.  I did not try it with any Canadian zips, though.  I would assume it would work for those too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If you're in Nova Scotia, you're watching it on CBC.ca, no way around it, even with Center Ice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins on CBC:
    [QUOTE]If you're in Nova Scotia, you're watching it on CBC.ca, no way around it, even with Center Ice.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Not if he's a Bell subscirber,  they'll have it on one of their CBC (CHEX) feeds.
    Last night while watching Vancouver they said the Bruins game would be on CHEX.
    I'll post the channel for Bell tonight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

Im with eastlink so its computer only.... Damn Ottawa for droping to 8th

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

In response to "Re: Bruins on CBC": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins on CBC : Not if he's a Bell subscirber,  they'll have it on one of their CBC (CHEX) feeds. Last night while watching Vancouver they said the Bruins game would be on CHEX. I'll post the channel for Bell tonight. Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE] Thanks. I have the same bell deal and couldn't find the game anywhere under CBC. 217 is chex for me here in Niagara. Still looking for the HD channel if there is one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins on CBC : Not if he's a Bell subscirber,  they'll have it on one of their CBC (CHEX) feeds. Last night while watching Vancouver they said the Bruins game would be on CHEX. I'll post the channel for Bell tonight.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

BsLegion, you are absolutely right.

Just checked and tonight's Bruins-Caps game will only be carried on the CBC with CHEX (Ch. 217 on Bell), it's not an HD channel. CKWS (Ch 233) has switched to Ott-NYR

For those that have RDS2 (ch 192) and RDS2 HD (ch 1881) you can watch the game in French.

The game should not be blacked out on GameCentre Live or Centre Ice in the Toronto area, Manitoba, Prairies, Alberta or BC. If it is complain!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Bruins on CBC": Thanks. I have the same bell deal and couldn't find the game anywhere under CBC. 217 is chex for me here in Niagara. Still looking for the HD channel if there is one.
    Posted by misterpaulo[/QUOTE]

Correct guys CHEX has it on channel 217.  Last night the discription was wrong tonight it does show Bruins-Cap at 730pm.
    It's also on Shaw and Rogers

BTW it's not on HD.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Does CBC streaming work through an IPAD or do you need flash? I cannot get it to work! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

CBC stream - http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynightincanada/video/live/#id=2222066596

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

[QUOTE]CBC stream - http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynightincanada/video/live/#id=2222066596
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

tried it Red, no luck

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to "Re: Bruins on CBC": [QUOTE]It may be because CBC streams all its games on-line (for free by the way) so it does not matter how many games are going on at the same time. Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE] Thanks. I was losing it (in front of my kids) and realized someone on here would know!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I live in Southern Ontario & am with Cogeco Cable. There is absolutely no t.v. coverage of this game in my area. Unbelievable !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

[QUOTE]I live in Southern Ontario & am with Cogeco Cable. There is absolutely no t.v. coverage of this game in my area. Unbelievable !
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

I bought it on my CBC app on my IPAD, 2.99

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Bruins on CBC": Thanks. I was losing it (in front of my kids) and realized someone on here would know!
    Posted by Nolakanookie[/QUOTE]

No problem. Always think of the children good sir.....lol!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Dammit! Can't get the CBC stream to work. Anyone have a link?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Red, it's on NBC

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

http://www.lshunter.tv/hockey-live-streaming-video.html