Bruins Player of the Game Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Bruins Player of the Game Tracker

In Response to Re: Bruins Player of the Game Tracker:
    [QUOTE]Ah - a thread dedicated to being relentlessly positive?  Could be revolutionary.  The test will be staying on target when the trolls arrive as they inevitably will.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

No, it's a thread to make a big deal about Marchand playing well.  In his twisted mind, this will make me look bad.  It doesn't, of course, because I have spoken of Marchand's skill on many, many occasions.  It's his punk attitude that I dislike.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Player of the Game Tracker : No, it's a thread to make a big deal about Marchand playing well.  In his twisted mind, this will make me look bad.  It doesn't, of course, because I have spoken of Marchand's skill on many, many occasions.  It's his punk attitude that I dislike.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

What in the H-E-double Koho's are you talking about?  This has nothing to do with you.   Get over yourself. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

[QUOTE]Almost everybody played well- I'm going to start another thread called "when will Lucic and Horton start throwing some checks tracker" But, for the Tampa game ...Tim Thomas , man - is he playing with confidence Marchand was brilliant again, Benoit looked good- I like his size and speed.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    EXACTLY what I was thinking. We have the biggest, toughest first line in hockey and their afraid to hit. If Horton doesn't get some fire soon Claude should think about sitting him and bringing up Caron- he couldn't play any worse. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Player of the Game Tracker : What in the H-E-double Koho's are you talking about?  This has nothing to do with you.   Get over yourself. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]
    Yeah Scooter, I've gotta agree with you on this. The fact that Marchand has been 1 of the top guys in both games is just a delightful coincidence. Eventually he won't be 1 of the top performers and I would expect this thread will still continue regardless.
     Oh well, back on topic, it's great to see the team getting balanced contributions from the forwards so far. Lots of guys could be the P.O.G. each game so far. For as fickle as we now are after a Cup win, I didn't think the effort we saw last night was far off of what we saw last May and June. I shouldn't be surprised though considering they're the best team in the world.........WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I thought McQuaid was solid vs TB.  Steady if unspectacular.  There's a sense of menace about him that I like.  I hope he continues to develop into the kind of D-guy that makes the opposition a bit nervous whenever they venture near him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I thought McQuaid was solid vs TB.  Steady if unspectacular.  There's a sense of menace about him that I like.  I hope he continues to develop into the kind of D-guy that makes the opposition a bit nervous whenever they venture near him. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    RHO, McQuaid doesn't get as many face-washes as your average guy. I suppose you get that respect after breaking a couple of facs.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Player of the Game Tracker : No, it's a thread to make a big deal about Marchand playing well.  In his twisted mind, this will make me look bad.  It doesn't, of course, because I have spoken of Marchand's skill on many, many occasions.  It's his punk attitude that I dislike.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I started the Bruins player of the game thread also asking for no hated players .....to make a big deal about Marchand playing well and make you look bad ?

Talk about an incredibly stupid and egotistical idea. We have enough threads that you try to make about you and your opinions. Why would I add another ? Just make your picks and shut the F up about me trying to make you look bad here. You are 100 % wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]I thought McQuaid was solid vs TB.  Steady if unspectacular.  There's a sense of menace about him that I like.  I hope he continues to develop into the kind of D-guy that makes the opposition a bit nervous whenever they venture near him. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

McQuaid seem like such a contrast.  Watching the interview with is family after the cup win he seemed so laid back, big friendly smile on his face, yet he also has that face breaking quality to him.  Interesting dude. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Player of the Game Tracker : RHO, McQuaid doesn't get as many face-washes as your average guy. I suppose you get that respect after breaking a couple of facs.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

McQ is the man. Who was it on TB that completely backed down when he brought out the Lone Wolf crazy eyes?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I'll go with Bergeron last night . A lot of the things he does don't show up on the score sheet . Last night was one of them. P.S. Also one of my favourite posters... cough....cough .....fletch ......cough... gets the first penalty for being the first to give a negative comment about a Bruin. And I agree with it being a harder night to pick just one player . There could have been many to earn the award.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I forgot the by-laws.  Horton was, uhhh...just fine...

Given your comment above, it is clear that your sole intention with this thread is to embarass and humiliate me...how dare you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Player of the Game Tracker : RHO, McQuaid doesn't get as many face-washes as your average guy. I suppose you get that respect after breaking a couple of facs.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

dez - Not that what Pierre Maguire says is gospel but he did mention that McQuaid's quickly gaining a rep in the league of a guy you don't want to mess with.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Player of the Game Tracker : McQuaid seem like such a contrast.  Watching the interview with is family after the cup win he seemed so laid back, big friendly smile on his face, yet he also has that face breaking quality to him.  Interesting dude. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

scooter - Agreed. I have an aunt who lives in Prince Edward Island.  She's met McQuaid and says he's hugely unassuming and polite.  As we've seen should a player get in his cross-hairs, there's a good chance blows will rain down on him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Player of the Game Tracker : McQ is the man. Who was it on TB that completely backed down when he brought out the Lone Wolf crazy eyes?
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

I-Like-Hockey - The same thing happened in The Finals.  Think it was Ehrhoff who relieved himself after realizing McQuaid was reaching for him. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I think both McQuaid and Boychuck should get big props and will be a big part of any repeat this season. Just my two cents. Just underated guys in my opinion. Wow is it my imagination but Corvo and Seguin and some bounce to the power play. I would stack our defense up against any in the league right now. And they probably are the youngest core in the league of solid guys.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

vs. Colorado. Tuukka because of the obvious.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

vs. Canes... Pouliot. Up until last night I had not seen much of anything to like from him. Last night he was the player that stood out the most for me. I liked his energy last night.

Self imposed bench minor.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Vs Canes I won't go with the obvious and also because Pierre McGuire got me sick.  He did have a slow start but we might have to blame his linemates,  as if they were skating in sand.
    When you go 0-5 on the PP I can't choose any of the players that have regular shifts.  I also liked what I saw from Pouliot and so did Julien moving him up to Bergeron line at one point. 
    My Bruins player of the game Pouliot.

p.s. about that PP can we blame this totally on Ward ?  all the time ? very bad decisions by the players on the PP and cannot blame Ward for that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Pouliot did show some game, but Seguin worked hard to get both Lucic and Horton playing their best game so far. Since we cannot demean anyone, I'll go with Julien's comment that some have yet to find their game, but it's not for lack of trying.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Pouliot did show some game, but Seguin worked hard to get both Lucic and Horton playing their best game so far. Since we cannot demean anyone, I'll go with Julien's comment that some have yet to find their game, but it's not for lack of trying.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Anyone can if they want but then it would be like every other thread. I'd have to rename it to the Bruins Worst Player of the Game Tracker. That would definitely up the post count for this thread but it's not what I was looking for when I started it.
    You can read that on any other thread as evidenced by this morning.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Right before the blown breakaway miss by Peverley I was going to put him in as my pick for best Bruin tonight versus Chicago and I'm sticking with it. Great penalty kill on the late Hawks PP and great pass to Kelly for the goal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Right before the blown breakaway miss by Peverley I was going to put him in as my pick for best Bruin tonight versus Chicago and I'm sticking with it. Great penalty kill on the late Hawks PP and great pass to Kelly for the goal.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    He and Seguin played well at forward. Boychuk on D was good. Lucic and Horton both looked better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Player of the Game Tracker:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Player of the Game Tracker : He and Seguin played well at forward. Boychuk on D was good. Lucic and Horton both looked better. Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Lucic 21:28 TOI - Thornton 9:22 TOI...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Seguin's my choice. Nice shootout goal to get the extra point plus he had an assist. And yeah, agreed that Horton looked good.