Bruins Player of the Game Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Bruins Player of the Game Tracker

It's Thomas.  He seems to be one of those goalies who'll be pushing 40 and still effective a la Belfour in his Leaf incarnation, Hasek and way before them, Johnny Bower and Jacques Plante. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I would give star of the game to Chara.. Mauling a guy like Regher, scoring the tying goal, saved a goal with blocked shot...He is the Bruins ultimate penalty killer.. no coincidence that Buffalo scores two on PP when he is on bench..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Player of the Game Tracker:
    [QUOTE]I would give star of the game to Chara.. Mauling a guy like Regher, scoring the tying goal, saved a goal with blocked shot...He is the Bruins ultimate penalty killer.. no coincidence that Buffalo scores two on PP when he is on bench..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

I'd pick Chara too even though his giveaways were making me look to someone else for my pick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

TT is the vote.  Buffalo needed the game for many reasons beyond just winning. Thomas was making the timely saves and as noted above in the shootout. The Bs team overall responded in the third.  Pouliot was high energy with his skating although visually awkward.  CJ would not have him on the ice if he did not play positional hockey.  Nice shot in the shootout for him, I liked his post game interview comment, he went high as Enroth was making the saves low and close up.  Team win! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'd vote for Chara as the man when they needed him. Timmy was good, and never saw Brennan's shot because Boychuck was blocking his view and probably should have blocked the shot. Chara's save waqs his best on defense, but he is still having trouble spotting an opening for short quick passes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chara saved the game with the him getting involved in the scrum, letting Ruff know he would take the Sabres prized off season acquisition Regher with him at all times when they were both on the ice and the save on Vanek was Priceless.
    Oh yah one more thing what a rocket shot too boot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The whole 4th line today as they earned every penny today great show...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]The whole 4th line today as they earned every penny today great show...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I think Thorts especially is deserving of getting a NAS & bogie apology! What a game he had! Showed that he can very effective against some of the leagues best!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]red wings give me jacket for getting them two eazy points
    Posted by tukka-fall[/QUOTE]
    Has anyone ever told you that you should go play in traffic? If not, I'd like to be the first to suggest it. It's a game you can play by yourself as it's obvious you don't have any friends.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Bergeron. I was at the game and he was by far the best B.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Bergeron. I was at the game and he was by far the best B.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]
    JWB, did you think Bergeron threw more than the 1 hit that he got credit for? I thought he was the best too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Dez, he threw more hits than one. I would guess 4. He cut the puck off several times with his sense of where to be. He looked confident the entire game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bergeron had a great game.  Horton needs to bury some of those chances, he is looking like the PCS Bergeron a couple years ago.  The Bs played a decent game with goalie who has not played in a week.  BTW Bergeron had a couple hits for sure if not more.  Stats are like that are overrated if one looks just at one game.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Player of the Game Tracker : JWB, did you think Bergeron threw more than the 1 hit that he got credit for? I thought he was the best too.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

This is what I was referring to in our Corvo-Kaberle discussion ( if you recall ). Hit totals are bogus. The guy who was doing the stats for this one must have headed to the can multiple times with a weak bladder. He missed a lot.

Bergeron for me also.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Player of the Game Tracker : This is what I was referring to in our Corvo-Kaberle discussion ( if you recall ). Hit totals are bogus. The guy who was doing the stats for this one must have headed to the can multiple times with a weak bladder. He missed a lot. Bergeron for me also.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Damn you for using common sense against me!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Paille gets the nod from me, he started the comeback with his fierce four checking then continued it all night.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBBFAN55. Show BBBFAN55's posts

Peverley

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Kelly for me. Beautiful one timer!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Paille gets my vote.  He was high energy!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Paille's speed was put on display last night.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Against the Leafs ... Chara. Then DK. Then Lucic.

Sections
Shortcuts