Bruins playoff run without Horton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bertie-Wooster. Show Bertie-Wooster's posts

Bruins playoff run without Horton

Last week, Joe Haggerty reported that Nathan Horton is likely to miss the remainder of the season due to concussion symptoms (http://bit.ly/HW5AaE). Horton sustained a concussion on January 22nd against the Flyers.

Thus, the Bruins will have to make a playoff push without one of their top forwards. In my mind, you cannot disconnect the concussion this year from the one last year in the Stanley Cup Finals, after a vicious hit from Canucks' defensemen Aaron Rome.

I explained in my blog why the Rome-Horton hit was reckless (http://www.nesportsbeat.com/the-aaron-rome-nathan-horton-hit-revisited).
    Last year, some people actually tried to justify the hit, saying that Horton should have kept his head up. I disagree in this case and I'd really like for these kinds of hits to be banished from the NHL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsgirl1980. Show bruinsgirl1980's posts

Re: Bruins playoff run without Horton

horton will not play in rd 1 but hags is wrong its is possible even likely 18 would be back for rd 2 which is a month away from now..im not saying he will be for sure, but my sources have indicated the deeper bs go the more likely you see 18 in lineup just saying what i know keep your fingers crossed and lets not look past ottawa before we actually beat them

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

... sources? you're going to put out a statement like that and not name names?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Oh great! More sources!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

If he does come back, it would be a very uplifting moment for the team (sorry, no source for this assertion).

I would not bet any money on this, however.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I would think Bruin management has thought this out. Is Horton even skating ? How far away is he from practise with contact ? When would he be in game shape ? Other words. Don't plan on having him in the new season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Horton hasn't been on ice since late January. To beleive he will return in the 2nd round and be up to playoff tempo without any ice time prior to the 2nd round is simply  illusion. Clingin to this daydream may make rabid fans feel better, but it isn't going to happen. Rotating RWs with DK and Looch will afford CJ an opportunity to assemble his lines for best effect.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

My sources say Horton is out with a concussion.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

my sources tell me beer will be flowing at 7:30 this evening. take that to the bank.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

My American sources tell me that taxes are due on April 15th.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins playoff run without Horton:
    [QUOTE]my sources tell me beer will be flowing at 7:30 this evening. take that to the bank.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Here in the West that time has already come.

Sections
Shortcuts