Bruins Prospect Report

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Bruins Prospect Report

Pretty self-explanatory. Some light reading about the prospects in the organization....
    http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2011/10/19/2500566/midweek-bruins-prospect-report-week-3

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: Bruins Prospect Report

I get to watch Dougie Hamilton on a regular basis here in St.Catharines as I attend many Ice Dogs games. This kid is a real treat to watch. The Bruins have lots to look forward to with this guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

That's good information. Looks like Khudobin is aching to be sent back to Russia

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The P-Bruins bounced back to grab two wins on Saturday and Sunday, including a shootout win against Portland on Sunday."

"We kept pucks deep, we limited their scoring chances, we stayed out of the box . . . and (goalie Anton Khudobin) found his game,'' said Cassidy."

The 2nd year of Khudobin's contract is one way. Probably why he woke up out of his slumber last weekend along with a ripping by Cassidy I'll bet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Bruins Prospect Report:
    Pretty self-explanatory. Some light reading about the prospects in the organization.... http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2011/10/19/2500566/midweek-bruins-prospect-report-week-3
    Posted by dezaruchi

Nice site dez. But the number of replies tells a person how most Bruins fans on this site feel about Bruins prospects. Down on the farm, in college hockey, over in Europe and in junior , they have very little interest. Too busy squabbling about real important things like..........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Thanks for the updates...good read.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Jared Knight doing well.....

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/knight-among-leaders-in-london/107002

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Corey Potter, D, Edmonton.

“It’s good to come in as a nobody,’’ said Potter, only a few days into his rookie season at age 27. Potter was chosen No. 122 overall by the Rangers in 2003, but the 6-foot-3-inch, 205-pound back liner got lost in the Broadway shuffle, the Blueshirts constantly giving the next young phenom longer, more serious looks. Born in Michigan and a 2006 Michigan State graduate, he spent four seasons in the Ranger organization, called up from Hartford for only eight games (1-1-2). He signed with the Penguins as a free agent last summer, then left there this summer after playing only one game with the varsity."

"He signed with the Oilers, now coached by Tom Renney, the ex-Ranger coach who liked him - just never enough for regular work. Well, Renney likes him these days, even with Ryan Whitney recovered from ankle surgery and back as the power-play quarterback. Potter (0-2-2 in four games entering last night) has a big shot from the point and has been averaging 20:04 in ice time, which should leave him tucked among the starting six back liners after five seasons and 364 AHL games."

Some take longer than you would like and Potter might only last on 3 seasons, who knows. These are the stories I like to read about perseverance and why I hang in on some of the Bruins prospects, give it some time...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect Report:
    Corey Potter, D, Edmonton. “It’s good to come in as a nobody,’’ said Potter, only a few days into his rookie season at age 27. Potter was chosen No. 122 overall by the Rangers in 2003 , but the 6-foot-3-inch, 205-pound back liner got lost in the Broadway shuffle, the Blueshirts constantly giving the next young phenom longer, more serious looks. Born in Michigan and a 2006 Michigan State graduate, he spent four seasons in the Ranger organization, called up from Hartford for only eight games (1-1-2). He signed with the Penguins as a free agent last summer, then left there this summer after playing only one game with the varsity." "He signed with the Oilers, now coached by Tom Renney, the ex-Ranger coach who liked him - just never enough for regular work. Well, Renney likes him these days, even with Ryan Whitney recovered from ankle surgery and back as the power-play quarterback. Potter (0-2-2 in four games entering last night) has a big shot from the point and has been averaging 20:04 in ice time, which should leave him tucked among the starting six back liners a fter five seasons and 364 AHL games ." Some take longer than you would like and Potter might only last on 3 seasons, who knows. These are the stories I like to read about perseverance and why I hang in on some of the Bruins prospects, give it some time...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I agree.  This is why I like AHL hockey.  You see some guys work so hard for so long and then finally get a chance to play in the big league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Justin Florek doing well.......

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2011/10/24/ncaa-prospect-update-floreks-fired-up/#more-23425

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

How come everyone puts up huge numbers in the OHL don'they play D .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Posted by michaelf101

Actually in the span of 10 years ( 2000-10 ) the OHL had an average of between 1-2 goal's/game more then the NHL. If that's what you call huge numbers then I guess you're right. I don't .

http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Stat/LeagueGoals.aspx?League=9

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect Report : Actually in the span of 10 years ( 2000-10 ) the OHL had an average of between 1-2 goal's/game more then the NHL. If that's what you call huge numbers then I guess you're right. I don't . http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Stat/LeagueGoals.aspx?League=9
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

just trying to be the devils advocate here...i'll get a little "mathy". let's say there are an average of 5 goals a game in the nhl. i think that's about right, no? then an a increase of 1 goal is a 20% increase, 2 goals is 40%. over the course of a season, that's between 80-160 additional goals . that seems statistically significant. i have no horse in this race, just talking stats!  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect Report : just trying to be the devils advocate here...i'll get a little "mathy". let's say there are an average of 5 goals a game in the nhl. i think that's about right, no? then an a increase of 1 goal is a 20% increase, 2 goals is 40%. over the course of a season, that's between 80-160 additional goals . that seems statistically significant. i have no horse in this race, just talking stats!  
    Posted by adkbeesfan

The NHL has averaged between 5-6 goals a game per year in this chart. So I say you're a little low.

Think about it . Between 5-6 is a low number. 20-40 % is hardly anything.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Posted by michaelf101

My guess is that you see some high end guys put up some huge numbers.  Skews the perception.  I think it speaks to the difference between the best and the rest.  A wider gap in Junior. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect Report : The NHL has averaged between 5-6 goals a game per year in this chart. So I say you're a little low. Think about it . Between 5-6 is a low number. 20-40 % is hardly anything.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

i would have to respectfully disagree...in a game where tenths and hundreths decide the difference between the ok and the great (gaa and ppg), i'd say an extra 80-160 goals is not "hardly anything". to me this means, if you're not putting up very big numbers in ohl/ahl ect, you have not separated yourself enough from others also trying to make the bigs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Bruins Prospect Report:
    Pretty self-explanatory. Some light reading about the prospects in the organization.... http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2011/10/19/2500566/midweek-bruins-prospect-report-week-3
    Posted by dezaruchi

thanks dez for link. im always looking for info on bruins prospects and just never know were to look. id like to see were the guys mentioned in that report rank with other nhl teams in the league. i know its tough with the top prospects for the nhl teams going up and down but i wonder how well the bruins are stocked compared to the rest of league.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect Report : i would have to respectfully disagree...in a game where tenths and hundreths decide the difference between the ok and the great (gaa and ppg), i'd say an extra 80-160 goals is not "hardly anything". to me this means, if you're not putting up very big numbers in ohl/ahl ect, you have not separated yourself enough from others also trying to make the bigs.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

A little over a goal a game more for both teams in a junior league compared to the NHL means all of this ^^^^ ? Separating themselves with big numbers ? Tenths and Hundreths ? Difference between the ok and great ? You are all over the map trying to rationalize a simple stat.

The only thing I thought about this stat was that it's a teenager's league and they're obviously not going play as structured of a defensive game as men (NHL). So I actually thought it would be much higher.

Simple stat : More then 1 and less then 2 on the average. Miniscule considering the players that make up the league. The CHL game is more wide open then the NHL. Teenagers vs. Men.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect Report : A little over a goal a game more for both teams in a junior league compared to the NHL means all of this ^^^^ ? Separating themselves with big numbers ? Tenths and Hundreths ? Difference between the ok and great ? You are all over the map trying to rationalize a simple stat. The only thing I thought about this stat was that it's a teenager's league and they're obviously not going play as structured of a defensive game as men (NHL). So I actually thought it would be much higher. Simple stat : More then 1 and less then 2 on the average. Miniscule considering the players that make up the league. The CHL game is more wide open then the NHL. Teenagers vs. Men.  
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

i thought it was a pretty cohesive set of statistics. who's to say it all doesn't fall on the goalies and their inexperience? like i said i have no dog in this race, i'll see you all tommorow- headed home ( i do ALL my corresponding at work- have no computer at home) 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect Report : i thought it was a pretty cohesive set of statistics. who's to say it all doesn't fall on the goalies and their inexperience? like i said i have no dog in this race, i'll see you all tommorow- headed home ( i do ALL my corresponding at work- have no computer at home) 
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Good point !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The CHL is much more wide open than the NHL.  The players are less experienced, there are more mistakes. It's very fun hockey to watch. An extra 1-2 goals per game in the NHL would be great, it would bring it back to 1993 levels, with 10-20 50 goal or 100 point men. I miss the days when Lemieux was putting up 160+ and Oates topped 140. That said, I think today's game is outstanding.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I miss hockey pools where you had to draft Gretzky's assists because otherwise,  if you got all of Gretzky's points, you could draft all goons the rest of the way and still win by 20 points.

An extra 1.5 goals a game would be a total of 1020 additional goals over the course of an OHL season (68 games per team, 20 teams, 2 teams per game = 680 games).  That's an additional 3060 points if each of those additional goals has two helpers.  If that was evenly distributed, it would give each kid an average of 2.55 more goals and 7.65 more points than if scoring matched NHL levels.  That seems pretty consistent with young goaltenders, a wider talent gap, and an amateur vs. professional level of structured game (still remarkably "sound" when you consider the age and training of these kids).

So yeah, I ... agree ... with ... Chowdah ....  This isn't really significant even at the 3000+ points per season mark.

ouch

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Bruins Prospect Report : thanks dez for link. im always looking for info on bruins prospects and just never know were to look. id like to see were the guys mentioned in that report rank with other nhl teams in the league. i know its tough with the top prospects for the nhl teams going up and down but i wonder how well the bruins are stocked compared to the rest of league.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold

Great avatar Loyal. That's a good looking group of B's fans!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I miss hockey pools where you had to draft Gretzky's assists because otherwise,  if you got all of Gretzky's points, you could draft all goons the rest of the way and still win by 20 points. An extra 1.5 goals a game would be a total of 1020 additional goals over the course of an OHL season (68 games per team, 20 teams, 2 teams per game = 680 games).  That's an additional 3060 points if each of those additional goals has two helpers.  If that was evenly distributed, it would give each kid an average of 2.55 more goals and 7.65 more points than if scoring matched NHL levels.  That seems pretty consistent with young goaltenders, a wider talent gap, and an amateur vs. professional level of structured game (still remarkably "sound" when you consider the age and training of these kids). So yeah, I ... agree ... with ... Chowdah ....  This isn't really significant even at the 3000+ points per season mark. ouch
    Posted by Bookboy007

And to go back to the original statement about the OHL and offense, I would say that, in most years, the Q is the highest scoring league and the WHL is the lowest. The OHL is usually the happy medium amongst the 3 leagues.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The Q might be starting to lose that rep, dez.  The year Seguin and Hall tied for OHL scoring lead at 106 pts, Couturier led the Q with only 96.  The year Patrick Kane put up 146 with London, the Q leader had 126.

Sections
Shortcuts