Bruins Prospect Report......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Bruins Prospect Report......

pdf file ~ it's a long read and up to date, but well worth it / cheers

ps .......
    OH BABY ~ did Charelli ever stroke Burke!!!!!  Wink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Re: Bruins Prospect Report......

Thanks Jay. The organization seems a little weak on the back end. I guess Hamilton (should he go to the A) and Krug will help out in that area next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect Report......:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Jay. The organization seems a little weak on the back end. I guess Hamilton (should he go to the A) and Krug will help out in that area next year.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

Hamilton is too young for the AHL next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Damn. NHL or bust for him. He will likely make the team anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

We have to find our new Riendeau now that the original Riendeau is gone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I'm hoping Krug is a pleasant surprise.  He seems like the type of player that has suceeded at every level despite being on the small size.  Usually that means he's got some of the "intangibles" that set players apart (kind of like Camper who is still leading Providence despite having a couple week call up).  Let's see if he can continue that trend.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]We have to find our new Riendeau now that the original Riendeau is gone.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Riendeau 2.0? Can't wait for the hype and then ultimate disappointment when he ends up in Reading with the original Riendeau.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

krug, like Kamfer and others , is on the " small" size. Makes me wonder if Don Sweeney is inclined to find players that are mirrors of his own size and talent, which needs to be proven as they progress.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Badhab's favourite Bruin prospect sends his team to the next playoff round. Man, can this guy skate for someone who reportedly can't skate !

http://www.barriecolts.com/article/colts-win-3-2-in-overtime

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Badhab's favourite Bruin prospect sends his team to the next playoff round. Man, can this guy skate for someone who reportedly can't skate ! http://www.barriecolts.com/article/colts-win-3-2-in-overtime
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

So he learned to skate since I saw him.  So I was right.

There's players who I consider failures, the only one in the organization now is this Volden kid.

Cross is one I find questionable, he's going to have to prove himself to me.  He's playing on the same nights as my pickup games so there's one strike against him already.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect Report...... : So he learned to skate since I saw him.  So I was right. There's players who I consider failures, the only one in the organization now is this Volden kid. Cross is one I find questionable, he's going to have to prove himself to me.  He's playing on the same nights as my pickup games so there's one strike against him already.

.......either that or you visited your optometrist.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect Report...... : .......either that or you visited your optometrist.

You might watch them\him in games, but nothing shows their skating as well as when they do the drills, then it REALLY shows.  Koko was terrible at the drills by the way, and he knew it and stayed after to work on his edges.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect Report...... : You might watch them\him in games, but nothing shows their skating as well as when they do the drills, then it REALLY shows.  Koko was terrible at the drills by the way, and he knew it and stayed after to work on his edges.  

Skating drills don't have someone hanging on your back like game conditions do. Or fighting for a puck along the boards . Or taking a hit to make a pass and staying on your feet. Or outracing someone for a loose puck. 

But they do show that a career in figure skating awaits if the hockey career doesn't work out.

What would Terry O'Reilly have looked better in ? Game conditions or skating drills ? He wouldn't look as pretty as say a Thomas Gradin in the skating drills but should that matter ? We're talking about hockey players. Not if they can perfect triple sow cows. Not all hockey players need to be at the top of a skating drill list to play the game.

You can have your once a day, once a year skating drills to have an opinion on someone's skating . I'll settle for what I have.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I went thru this list and everytime i read an update i get excited with the prospect of having some of these prospects in a Bs uniform someday. I really like the recent signings to entry level contracts. A few surprises to come me thinks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]I went thru this list and everytime i read an update i get excited with the prospect of having some of these prospects in a Bs uniform someday. I really like the recent signings to entry level contracts. A few surprises to come me thinks.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

If there is a surprise Wally I hope it comes from Knight. I was very critical of where PC drafted him (he was projected to go much later than that) and he has not really broken out in Junior, although there are many variables to take into account for this to be sure. I truly hope he proves me wrong and has a long NHL career as a Bruin.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect Report...... : Skating drills don't have someone hanging on your back like game conditions do. Or fighting for a puck along the boards . Or taking a hit to make a pass and staying on your feet. Or outracing someone for a loose puck.  But they do show that a career in figure skating awaits if the hockey career doesn't work out. What would Terry O'Reilly have looked better in ? Game conditions or skating drills ? He wouldn't look as pretty as say a Thomas Gradin in the skating drills but should that matter ? We're talking about hockey players. Not if they can perfect triple sow cows. Not all hockey players need to be at the top of a skating drill list to play the game. You can have your once a day, once a year skating drills to have an opinion on someone's skating . I'll settle for what I have.

I'd have it no other way.  I would trade many a game for rookie camps and training camps.  And I usually go to both rookie camp and regular trainng camp so it's not just once a year.  More like 2 or 3.

I guess some guys just go for all the flash and glory and belittle people with triple snow cones, but then there's them like me who are willing to get down into the trenches and will bear some blue line sprints to watch the future of the Boston Bruins.

So with all due respect sir, watch those games seated in the lap of luxury sipping champagne and eating those salty fish eggs with the fancy little forks while guys like me are freezing half to death in Ristuccia just so that they will have something to post for a year.

Sections
Shortcuts