Bruins Prospects in World Juniors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Re: Bruins Prospects in World Juniors

I am from the Indepedent Republic of the Bluenosed people.

We are kind of a part of Canada, but we still cheer for Team Canada's hockey teams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Fletch :

That's how I talk to Leaf Fans, and you must know by know how important some Leaf fans and their opinions are, right ?

You should probably consider it a compliment.

Anyways, I am considering a long break from posting after the WJC is over.

Today, it's "Go USA - Go Canada."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Prospects in World Juniors:
    Speaking of the WJC, good luck in the Bronze Medal Game, American Bruin fans... Of course, you are not likely that interested since your team has contributed nothing to the tournament again... Adios ! Posted by RMiller87

Still smarting from last years OT loss to the US on home ice eh ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

There are 29 other G.M.'s in the NHL who have obviously noticed Conz's play this year too. Posted by Chowdahkid-

See that's the fun of having you around here Chowda for the obvious stuff like "there's 29 other GMs" Thanks man didn't know that...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Dawg :

That was then, this is now.

But in all seriousness, congrats on your team's win over Sweden today, firstly.

Secondly, can you please take that Marchand kid for a walk on the Boston Common and explain to him the significance of the Christmas tree that my Province sends to the City of Boston every year.

My deceased Boston turned Bluenoser grandmother would have kicked that kid's keister over the interview that he recently gave in the Globe and Mail the other day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Dawg : That was then, this is now. But in all seriousness, congrats on your team's win over Sweden today, firstly. Secondly, can you please take that Marchand kid for a walk on the Boston Common and explain to him the significance of the Christmas tree that my Province sends to the City of Boston every year. My deceased Boston turned Bluenoser grandmother would have kicked that kid's keister over the interview that he recently gave in the Globe and Mail the other day.
    Posted by RMiller87

Haven't seen it.  Link?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Thanks to BB007 for his invite to stay, but I said I would stop posting here after the WJC and I plan to do so.

If I have learned anything here, it's that rabid Hab and rabid Bruin fans just cannot be mixed together.

It's almost like an oil and water... cats and dogs...  Yanks and BoSox thing...

There's stuff that you, folks, say on these Bruins threads that seem so foreign to me, and I am sure that that feeling is mutual...

The banter on here is also lighter and more amusing when there aren't fans that might want to tear each other's heads off posting...  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Thanks to BB007 for his invite to stay, but I said I would stop posting here after the WJC and I plan to do so. If I have learned anything here, it's that rabid Hab and rabid Bruin fans just cannot be mixed together. It's almost like an oil and water... cats and dogs...  Yanks and BoSox thing... There's stuff that you, folks, say on these Bruins threads that seem so foreign to me, and I am sure that that feeling is mutual... The banter on here is also lighter and more amusing when there aren't fans that might want to tear each other's heads off posting...  
    Posted by RMiller87

Dont let the door hit you in the asz on the way out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Sorry, Fletch.

Here's the link to the interview that I was talking about.

The rebutals to Marchand's comments can be found in the comments section :

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/leafs-beat/the-us-versus-canada-its-definitely-hatred/article1856144/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wow sombody's meds must be working...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Thanks to BB007 for his invite to stay, but I said I would stop posting here after the WJC and I plan to do so. If I have learned anything here, it's that rabid Hab and rabid Bruin fans just cannot be mixed together. It's almost like an oil and water... cats and dogs...  Yanks and BoSox thing... There's stuff that you, folks, say on these Bruins threads that seem so foreign to me, and I am sure that that feeling is mutual... The banter on here is also lighter and more amusing when there aren't fans that might want to tear each other's heads off posting...  
    Posted by RMiller87

Oh stop it!  I really don't mind you at all and would be just fine with you breaking your Seguin-WJC promise, but don't pretend that you don't often come here just to stick your finger in the eye of Bruins fans and then revel in the outcry and backlash.   

This has nothing to do with Bruins and Habs fans not being able to get along -- it is about taunting and name-calling followed by more taunting and name calling.  I actually enjoy fans from other teams here stoking the fire a bit.  I only got tired of you when you repeated stuff over and over instead of joining the discussion.

If you want to leave that's just fine, but don't play martyr and act like you're offended by the reactions you got here.  You got the reactions you sought for.  And when you weren't just provoking people, you made a lot of interesting points and showed a lot of knowledge about the game. 

Don't give me this "bigger person" routine on the way out the door.  C'mon...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Nobody. But we could be watching a player to be a Bruin and we don't know it yet. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

That reverse Don Cherry - Mike Milberry garbage that I pulled here was all an act...

The "bigger person routine" is not....

Congrats to Team USA on their win against Team Sweden today...

Now, if y'all excuse me...

We got some Ruskies to play against !!

Go Canada Go - Allez Canada Allez

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

What the... he's a Canadian talking specifically about the on ice feelings he has when playing internationally against the Americans.

How on earth is that disrespecting the Halifax explosion?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

3-0 Canada...

Keep 'er going, boys !

Are you with us or not, red75 ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

That reverse Don Cherry - Mike Milberry garbage that I pulled here was all an act... The "bigger person routine" is not.... Congrats to Team USA on their win against Team Sweden today... Now, if y'all excuse me... We got some Ruskies to play against !! Go Canada Go - Allez Canada Allez
    Posted by RMiller87

In that case, stick around.

Bruins-Habs game Saturday...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

I am going for Canada...I can't stand European hockey style let alone Russia

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

For once, on this one occassion, I'm with you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Stunning.  Shocking.  I can't believe what I just saw.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Never had a good feeling in my stomach about this game even when Canada was up 3-0.

Congrats to the Russians on their Gold Medal.

Guess that our boys just learned that you can never take one's foot off the gas when playing the Russian Bear.  I am still proud of what they have done, but this will be taken very hard in Canada.

Well, I guess all Canadians know what it's like to be a Bruin fan today, eh ?

Cheers, all !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Someone clearly is drinking old egg nog.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I am going for Canada...I can't stand European hockey style let alone Russia
    Posted by Tuckerw3

Typical Don Cherry garbage that has been heavily instilled into the Bruin mindset.

The fact of the matter is that Russian players (when properly motivated) are truly a force to be reckoned with.

The money of the NHL does not always bring the best out of Russian players so much as when they are playing for their country, however.  

One should NEVER take their foot off the gas pedal if they ever face these guys in an International tounament.  They can burn you badly in a single period.

They really are that good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

red 75 :

I didn't actually say that Marchand disrespected the Halifax explosion in that interview.

I said that Brad should not have used the word, "hatred," when referring to his opponent in that interview when talking about playing twice against Team USA in the World Juniors.

A good Bluenoser kid always knows to "respect" his opponent especially when his opponent is the best neighbour that any country can have as evidenced by the City of Boston's rapid response in the Halifax Explosion.

The Christmas tree in the Boston Commons should remind Mr. Marchand about that. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hate to say it, but I'm now a bit glad that there were no Bruin prospects among the Canadian juniors.  Don't get me wrong; I'd take most any of those kids if I was a GM - maybe not Olivier Roy because of the Hab connection and because I don't trust goaltenders who can be unbeatable one day and permeable the next.  But that's going to live with these kids until they win something, and this may have been the best chance most of them will have to winning something big.  It only gets harder to make the team for, and then win, the World Championship, the Olympics, or the Stanley Cup.  I feel worst for Ryan Ellis who has had a fantastic WJHC career, was a good captain this year and answered questions with as much candor as any adult I've ever seen.  I still have doubts that he'll be able to play his game at the NHL level, though, so this could be the kid's last shot at real glory.  I don't give two thoughts to Nashville most days, but I'll be pulling for Ellis.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

red 75 : I didn't actually say that Marchand disrespected the Halifax explosion in that interview. I said that Brad should not have used the word, "hatred," when referring to his opponent in that interview when talking about playing twice against Team USA in the World Juniors.   A good Bluenoser kid always knows to "respect" his opponent especially when his opponent is the best neighbour that any country can have as evidenced by the City of Boston's rapid response in the Halifax Explosion. The Christmas tree in the Boston Commons should remind Mr. Marchand about that. 
    Posted by RMiller87

You can respect and hate a player, team or organization.. Any sox fan will tell you we hate jeter, but most of us would take him in a heart beat.. I feel exactly the same about Manning.. I hate the Canadians more then any team in sports, but thats doesnt mean I don't recognize they are the most historically successful team in the sport...

Ovechkin Crosby??  I am sure they would love to play together, but they certainly arent fans of each other when they actually meet up...

Sections
Shortcuts