Bruins Prospects in World Juniors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Bruins Prospects in World Juniors

zero

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Two things to keep in mind here - kids have to be 18 to become "Bruins prospects" so the guys in this tournament have been drafted recently - two years ago at the most depending on how their birthdays fall.  Second, look at the last two drafts: Top pick Seguin is in the NHL, two 2nd rounders in Knight and Spooner weren't invited to the dance.  Cunningham, Florek, Chudinov, and Trotman were all too old for this tournament as of the draft in the summer of 2010.  That leaves Gothberg, who got a preliminary look but didn't make the American squad.  Two years ago: Caron's too old and Button had the remotest of shots.  McDermid, Randall, and Sexton aren't exactly international stage players.  If a late round pick is going to play in this tournament, he's got to be Latvian or Swiss or German or Norwegian or some other nationality where he might not have been scouted as heavily.

So, as if there was any doubt, Chowdah's correct.  No Bruins prospects - unless you count Couturier, Landeskog, Larsson, etc!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Prospects in World Juniors:
    [QUOTE]Two things to keep in mind here - kids have to be 18 to become "Bruins prospects" so the guys in this tournament have been drafted recently - two years ago at the most depending on how their birthdays fall.  Second, look at the last two drafts: Top pick Seguin is in the NHL, two 2nd rounders in Knight and Spooner weren't invited to the dance.  Cunningham, Florek, Chudinov, and Trotman were all too old for this tournament as of the draft in the summer of 2010.  That leaves Gothberg, who got a preliminary look but didn't make the American squad.  Two years ago: Caron's too old and Button had the remotest of shots.  McDermid, Randall, and Sexton aren't exactly international stage players.  If a late round pick is going to play in this tournament, he's got to be Latvian or Swiss or German or Norwegian or some other nationality where he might not have been scouted as heavily. So, as if there was any doubt, Chowdah's correct.  No Bruins prospects - unless you count Couturier, Landeskog, Larsson, etc!
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I was never good at those trick questions . Good point !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Then there's that undrafted Swiss goalie who see's a million pucks a game....Bruins would do good to give this kid a shot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Prospects in World Juniors:[QUOTE]Then there's that undrafted Swiss goalie who see's a million pucks a game....Bruins would do good to give this kid a shot. Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/236/IHM236000_85A_7_0.pdf

I watched both of Ben Conz against the US and Canada check out his stats MIP and Saves! I agree PC should give him a look see or just wait for Burke to draft him the steal him LoL...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

There are 29 other G.M.'s in the NHL who have obviously noticed Conz's play this year too. Surprisingly he wasn't drafted last year even though he stood on his head except for one bad game. After two years of exceptional performances at the WJHC he will not be bypassed at this year's draft. He is the main reason for the Swiss' ability to keep games close these past two years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Chowda? I was listening to NHL home ice today & caught the tale end of a conversation. I thought I heard them say that Jack Campbell has one more year of eligibility left in JR. Is that true? If he kicks the puck out for Dallas the same way he did for the US. They really got something for the future don't they! Wow did he come to play last night!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

knight would have been there if USA hockey wasn't livid that he went to major junior instead of playing college

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Speaking of the WJC, good luck in the Bronze Medal Game, American Bruin fans...

Of course, you are not likely that interested since your team has contributed nothing to the tournament again...

Adios !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

As a Canadian, may I just ask... why the $%^& are you here again? I actually thought you were going to keep your word.

How foolish of me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

38 , his 20th birthday falls on Jan 9/12 so you heard correctly.

Name: Jack Campbell
    Number: 1
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 182
    Birthday: January 9, 1992
    Hometown: Port Huron, MI, USA
    Position: Goalie
    Catches: Left
    NHL Status: Dallas Stars, 1st Round, 11th Overall in 2010
    Favourite Car: Range Rover
    Favourite Food: Pepperoni & Pineapple Pizza
    Favourite Athlete: Marty Turco
    Favourite Movie: Happy Gilmore
    Best Player Ever Faced: Ryan Ellis

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

How did I not keep my word, red75 ?

I posted that I was here until the WJC was over !

Go Team Canada tonight, right ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]How did I not keep my word, red75 ? I posted that I was here until the WJC was over ! Go Team Canada tonight, right ?
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

How come you're running away from your cherished "who's in first place?" argument you have been fixated on for the past 3 months??  Shall I link you to the NE Division standings?

Go Canada (and US for the bronze).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

The NHL doesn't bear mentioning on WJC threads.

Yes, good luck to Team US against the Swedes today.

Hoping that that Swedish trash talking coach is dispatched back over the pond without a medal.

Cheers !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

this us/bruin fan is certainly pulling for canada- they made the us boys look just like that- boys...if they bring that game against russia, it won't be close. the us will definitely have their hands full with sweden- go get 'em us

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Anywhere to watch this stuff?

I live in boston.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rinkratpicks. Show rinkratpicks's posts

Was flipping between the bruin/leafs game and the canada/usa game the other night and man what a difference. There was hitting, speed, great passes, great saves. The bruins game looked like it was being played in slow motion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Anywhere to watch this stuff? I live in boston.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Come to my place I'll put up on some poutine for us ! 

Seriously , you guys can't get the games today ? Try here for the USA - Sweden game.
    http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=icehockey

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rinkratpicks. Show rinkratpicks's posts

tsn.ca streams the games, i'm not sure if they block IP's outside of canada though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Seeing as im still at work that might be too long of a drive. Thanks for the offer though Chowdah-  ill make some of my own poutine and go to my canadian friends house to listen to his canadian radio feed!

Thanks for the link too!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I think that one can also watch the games online at the TSN website...

At least, we can in Canada.

The link to that site is :

http://www.tsn.ca/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Incidentally, I would much rather that the real RMiller87 - the guy who was part of some good discussions without the cheeseball taunts - stuck around.  Just the act can vanish.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The NHL network has both games in the US.  US-Sweden at 3:30 and the gold medal game at 7:30 (eastern).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Incidentally, I would much rather that the real RMiller87 - the guy who was part of some good discussions without the cheeseball taunts - stuck around.  Just the act can vanish.

Agreed.  I even enjoy the occasional taunting when done with good humor.  I could do without the repeated "1972" taunts 50 times in the same thread though.

Regardless of what anyone wants...you're not really going anywhere are you??  All it would take is a time machine and a little tinkering, and Tyler Seguin could still play in the WJC...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Incidentally, I would much rather that the real RMiller87 - the guy who was part of some good discussions without the cheeseball taunts - stuck around.  Just the act can vanish.

I'm just glad I'm not from the same country as him . I'm from Canada . I believe he's from Saskatchewan.

Sections
Shortcuts