bruins quarterly evaluation.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

bruins quarterly evaluation.

Exceeded what I expected. playing very well 

46, 63, 40, 27, 20

playing well, around where expected. satisfactory performance.

44,18,17,37,48 (last nights performance was a big part of that), 44, 54, 11, 35

Needs to pick it up 

33, 19, 49, 21, 22, 23, 55.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: bruins quarterly evaluation.

I would not put Chara under the category of "needing to pick it up." Even on his absolute worst days he is still light years ahead of any other Dman on this roster and 99.9% of all dmen in the league. While not superb he is still definitely satisfactory at the very least.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

actually i agree with all of those boston fan

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

I would not put Chara under the category of "needing to pick it up." Even on his absolute worst days he is still light years ahead of any other Dman on this roster and 99.9% of all dmen in the league. While not superb he is still definitely satisfactory at the very least.

he's still phenomenal and worth every penny. however his level of play isn't what i've come to expect from him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to jmwalters' comment:

he's still phenomenal and worth every penny. however his level of play isn't what i've come to expect from him

Fair enough. We just differ ever so slightly on this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Perhaps your expectations are too high? Just a thought.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Perhaps your expectations are too high? Just a thought.

his name is Zdeno Chara btw.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Exceeding expectations:

Marchand (I expected him to score 30 goals, he's on pace for over 50).

Hamilton (I wasn't even sure he could make the team).

Bourque (I thought he'd be playing in Providence when PC acquired him).

In the "Needs to pick it up category":

Seguin (He should be a point/game player and has the skills to score 40-50).

Peverley/Kelly (They've been good for two years, so I'm not so sure it's a coincidence they started slumping when they started playing with Bourque).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I'd put Greg Campbell in the first category.

Not worried about Seguin, he's all ready starting to improve... 13 games isn't much to judge him by.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

I'd put Greg Campbell in the first category.

Not worried about Seguin, he's all ready starting to improve... 13 games isn't much to judge him by.

didn't say i was judging him. didn't say i was worried, but if you think he has played at a satisfactory level thus far through the NHL season, I would say you think very little of tyler seguin

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I'll agree w/ all except Chara. He may not be playing at a Norris level but he's still solid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I'll agree w/ all except Chara. He may not be playing at a Norris level but he's still solid.

don't you expect him to play at norris level? don't think you're getting the point of all this. paille is in the first category because he is playing above the level we've all come to expect from him. bergeron is in the middle category. paille is not better than bergeron...see?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Pretty much onboard with OPs assesment(s). What I think is missing from players that the Bruins don't expect much from outside being steady or allot of offense from is "nastiness". Boychuk, McQuaid, Ference, Campbell and Kelly need to be harder to play against during their shifts. I haven't seen this from them at all this year so far.

PS. 13 games is plenty of time to access a player who is going from an EL contract to one that is expected to produce offense. Oh and Bourque is being force fed to Bruinland, I expected more from Chris by now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

don't you expect him to play at norris level? don't think you're getting the point of all this. paille is in the first category because he is playing above the level we've all come to expect from him. bergeron is in the middle category. paille is not better than bergeron...see?

How so? I think Paille is playing exactly like I've come to expect.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

that's really besides the point. i personally think he is playing his best as a bruin. I was just simply using an example as to show how, while Chara's play is solid, because he is so good and has been so good in the past that i expect more of him, which the other poster didn't really seem to get

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

McQuaid-Ference need to be better.

Rask has been terrific, other than the 1 goal against the Rangers, no complaints here.

Bourque needs to build off of his best game yet, needs to have some production, and may need for Kelly and Peverley to have some production as well. Though he's playing better, his fate may be tied to them as well.

Krejci, Marchand and Lucic have been the Bruins best players this year. Krejci is involved physicaly this year, more than I've ever seen him. Lucic has been a beast and Marchand is just an offensive force this year.

Shawn Thornton needs to sit. Not sure if he came back too early from his concussion, but his play since has dropped significantly.

Greg Campbell needs to be better. 4th Line needs to chip in the odd goal here and there. He's not even getting his chances. Paille has played well.

Hamilton has come back down to earth a bit, but has been a pleasant suprise. He'll have nights where we will see whats to come int he future and some nights he's going to look like a 19 year old defenseman out there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I'd say only Marchand and Hamilton have "exceeded" expectations. Marchand has taken his game to another level, like the best player on the team level. Some like Lucic and Krejci are playing well, and that's what should be expected. Quite a few need to pick it up from a compete standpoint. A little more growl would do the trick.

Really hoping that we're not gonna head into the post season relying on the Bourques and Pandolfos of the world to pick it up. The only thing I want them picking up is their luggage.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

that's really besides the point. i personally think he is playing his best as a bruin. I was just simply using an example as to show how, while Chara's play is solid, because he is so good and has been so good in the past that i expect more of him, which the other poster didn't really seem to get

I thought I asked a fairly straight forward question. I don't need a long winded explanation about what another poster may or may not understand. I'm just looking for some specific insight as to what you're seeing in Paille's game. You can keep it a secret if you'd like but I've got to say, you're really starting to remind me of Yaz.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I thought I asked a fairly straight forward question. I don't need a long winded explanation about what another poster may or may not understand. I'm just looking for some specific insight as to what you're seeing in Paille's game. You can keep it a secret if you'd like but I've got to say, you're really starting to remind me of Yaz.

certainly didn't mean to irritate you. as for paille his overall level of comfort with the puck has been better. I think he's been far better protecting the puck especially behind the net.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

I'd say only Marchand and Hamilton have "exceeded" expectations. Marchand has taken his game to another level, like the best player on the team level. Some like Lucic and Krejci are playing well, and that's what should be expected. Quite a few need to pick it up from a compete standpoint. A little more growl would do the trick.

Really hoping that we're not gonna head into the post season relying on the Bourques and Pandolfos of the world to pick it up. The only thing I want them picking up is their luggage.

honestly I think Krejci is playing the best hockey of his career, with the possible exception of his stint in the olympics. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

certainly didn't mean to irritate you. as for paille his overall level of comfort with the puck has been better. I think he's been far better protecting the puck especially behind the net.

That seems like a fair assessment I suppose. Honestly though, Paille is the exact same to me as he's always been. I've always felt that all he needed was an opportunity and some hands.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good list.  I agree with all of it except Boychuk.  I have no problem with his performance so far.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Newtown High School, CT. jerseys given to the Bruins. I think they like their evaluations.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Exceeded what I expected. playing very well 

46, 63, 40, 27, 20

playing well, around where expected. satisfactory performance.

44,18,17,37,48 (last nights performance was a big part of that), 44, 54, 11, 35

Needs to pick it up 

33, 19, 49, 21, 22, 23, 55.

Agree with most.  I dont understand why Boychuck is in the needs to pick it up category.  I think he has played well this year.