bruins quarterly evaluation.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: bruins quarterly evaluation.

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

didn't say i was judging him. didn't say i was worried, but if you think he has played at a satisfactory level thus far through the NHL season, I would say you think very little of tyler seguin

I didn't say you were.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

To those asking why I have boychuk on the list: I think his lack of hockey sense is showing. It's one particular thing I've noticed. Sometimes d men have to eat the puck along the boards in their own end because the forecheck is coming faster than you can make a good decision with the puck. Seidenberg is great at this, he eats the puck with his skate. takes a hit, moves the puck to a teammate or a zone where a teammate can get to it. Boychuk isn't bad at this either, i jsut seem to notice a few times every game where he does it completely uneccessarily. It's like the eats the puck against the boards, and then waits for two seconds expecting a hit to come before it finally does. I think he hurts the transition game. That would be fine for McQuaid, getting 14 minute a game and 1.5 a year, but not a guy getting the third most ice time on your team getting 3.3 a year. he needs to make better, and quicker decisions with the puck in his own end in my opinion. I know it seems like such a minor thing, but it makes a big difference. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

after a few more games i'm elevating 55 into the adequate category, and demoting 22 to the "this guy has forgotten how to play hockey" category. Peverley might be joining him soon. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Peverley? Dude's stats have been hurting, because he's a playmaker playing without anybody who can finish....Kelly had some fortunate bounces last year, leading to a career year in his early 30's. He's not a 20 goal scorer.

Bourque will never be a goal scorer in the NHL. He may develop into a decent 3rd line playmaker once he gets the feel, but he doesn't have much to offer for a shot. So you have 2 guys who are pass-first and a guy with speed and not much to offer in goal scoring all on one line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

McQuaid-Ference need to be better.

Rask has been terrific, other than the 1 goal against the Rangers, no complaints here.

Bourque needs to build off of his best game yet, needs to have some production, and may need for Kelly and Peverley to have some production as well. Though he's playing better, his fate may be tied to them as well.

Krejci, Marchand and Lucic have been the Bruins best players this year. Krejci is involved physicaly this year, more than I've ever seen him. Lucic has been a beast and Marchand is just an offensive force this year.

Shawn Thornton needs to sit. Not sure if he came back too early from his concussion, but his play since has dropped significantly.

Greg Campbell needs to be better. 4th Line needs to chip in the odd goal here and there. He's not even getting his chances. Paille has played well.

Hamilton has come back down to earth a bit, but has been a pleasant suprise. He'll have nights where we will see whats to come int he future and some nights he's going to look like a 19 year old defenseman out there.

Ference has been awsome lately.  Quaider could pick his game up a little though.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

McQuaid-Ference need to be better.

Rask has been terrific, other than the 1 goal against the Rangers, no complaints here.

Bourque needs to build off of his best game yet, needs to have some production, and may need for Kelly and Peverley to have some production as well. Though he's playing better, his fate may be tied to them as well.

Krejci, Marchand and Lucic have been the Bruins best players this year. Krejci is involved physicaly this year, more than I've ever seen him. Lucic has been a beast and Marchand is just an offensive force this year.

Shawn Thornton needs to sit. Not sure if he came back too early from his concussion, but his play since has dropped significantly.

Greg Campbell needs to be better. 4th Line needs to chip in the odd goal here and there. He's not even getting his chances. Paille has played well.

Hamilton has come back down to earth a bit, but has been a pleasant suprise. He'll have nights where we will see whats to come int he future and some nights he's going to look like a 19 year old defenseman out there.

Ference has been awsome lately.  Quaider could pick his game up a little though.

They've been good but Bergeron has been the best.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

The team has been on a terrific roll. Were I to pick one guy who has under-performed it would be Seidenberg. Time after time guys blow by him like he's standing still. He just seems to have a problem turning to defend a guy after skating backwards. Maybe there's an injury issue but our 2 goalies have been bailing him out all year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

The team has been on a terrific roll. Were I to pick one guy who has under-performed it would be Seidenberg. Time after time guys blow by him like he's standing still. He just seems to have a problem turning to defend a guy after skating backwards. Maybe there's an injury issue but our 2 goalies have been bailing him out all year.

He got buuuuuuuuuurned today, but he's never been a lightning fast skater.

As for the goalies bailing him out, do you mean they were doing their jobs?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

He got buuuuuuuuuurned today, but he's never been a lightning fast skater.

As for the goalies bailing him out, do you mean they were doing their jobs?

chris kelly got burned on the second goal too. absolutely roasted 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Exceeded what I expected. playing very well 

46, 63, 40, 27, 20

playing well, around where expected. satisfactory performance.

44,18,17,37,48 (last nights performance was a big part of that), 44, 54, 11, 35

Needs to pick it up 

33, 19, 49, 21, 22, 23, 55.

As long as Coach Julien is at them helm expect to be competitive every season. he is the Bruins!

Sections
Shortcuts