Bruins raise Season Ticket Renewal Prices

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

Bruins raise Season Ticket Renewal Prices

Pretty awesome!  

Edit:  May as well just post the story - it's short enough.

BOSTON -- The Boston Bruins are raising prices for season ticket renewals next season by an average of more than US$4 per seat, per game.

Amy Latimer, senior vice-president of sales and marketing, said Thursday some renewal prices will remain the same, while some season ticket holders will see a price increase ranging from $1 to $9 per seat, per game.

Latimer said the team has largely held the line on season ticket prices the past couple of years and the increases are based largely on demand and team performance. The Bruins have made the playoffs the last three seasons.

Under the new pricing plan, loge seat prices will range from $65 to $110 per game. Balcony seats will range from $25 to $69 per game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Bruins raise Season Ticket Renewal Prices

Anyone who didn't expect this doesn't understand economics.

NESN and CenterIce just got much more reasonable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins raise Season Ticket Renewal Prices:
    Anyone who didn't expect this doesn't understand economics. NESN and CenterIce just got much more reasonable.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Expectation is one thing.  It's another thing to actually see it come to fruition.  The Bruins have had a pretty fishy "sellout" streak, similar to the Sox.  

2-3 years ago it was a piece of cake to get tickets to any game but a Canadiens matchup.  Now it's hard to get reasonable tickets for a Panthers game.  Thank you, Ace Ticket 

Disclaimer:  Justified/Informed or not, I'm blaming Ace Ticket.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yes Larry ticketmaster, stubhub, ace tickets and a bean counter in Buffalo are not looking out for the consumers best interest no surprise here "it's called GREED" not "It's called Bruins"...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Jeremy Jacobs strikes while the iron is hot!  Gotta give him that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

this is total c r a p,

in the price increase letter they site team performance as a justification for the price increase of up to 25%.

they are 19th out of 30 teams at home this year!

and they lost in round 2 game 7 the last two years.

i get the economics side of it but, how about a moderate increase not a huge spike

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

OCRAM - Then show them with your wallet and don't renew.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins raise Season Ticket Renewal Prices:
    OCRAM - Then show them with your wallet and don't renew.
    Posted by montecristo

My Invoice came in with a 25% Increase for Next Season..and they want a couple Grand for the Playoffs.

I guess since Jeremy Jacobs Net Worth is only $2.1 Billion he needs the money to move up in the Forbes 400 Ratings.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Dogwhacker - same response. Are you going to renew? Just pi$$ed off and venting?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

I know I'll be feeding the problem, but next year will be the first year I sell a handful of tickets on stubhub.  Probably 10 midseason weekday games -- at double the face value, I'll turn the tables on the ticket hike.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Does this mean individual game tickets go up as well ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrainDoctorDanny. Show BrainDoctorDanny's posts

Stubhub is warning people that teams are looking at changing the way they issue tickets that would preclude your ability to re-sell the tickets.

The way they explained it--the team will say that you don't "own" the ticket--you're purchasing rights to watch the game for yourself--and the tickets will be not be available in paper form. 

Stay tuned.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

If you are going to pay for it, they are going to raise it.  Duh.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrainDoctorDanny. Show BrainDoctorDanny's posts

Stubhub is warning people that teams are looking at changing the way they issue tickets that would preclude your ability to re-sell the tickets.

The way they explained it--the team will say that you don't "own" the ticket--you're purchasing rights to watch the game for yourself--and the tickets will be not be available in paper form. 

Stay tuned.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

"Stubhub is warning people that teams are looking at changing the way they issue tickets that would preclude your ability to re-sell the tickets."

Well someone should issue the same warning to Ace Tickets... dbags.

Sections
Shortcuts