Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruin72. Show bigbadbruin72's posts

Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe

What price victory? Well if you sit in the balcony at TD Garden to watch the Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins be prepared to pony up about $20.00 more per ticket. I am not privy to all increases, but my 11th row corner balcony seat went from $39.00 per seat to $59.00 per seat per game. Late last season the Globe reported "modest increases". Really? Now to sit in the last row of the balcony will cost you and your date at least $120.oo A family of four: $240.00 just for last row tickets. (which by the way are all sold out for next year, so expect to pay much higher box office prices for the few available seats.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe

I don't view this as a yes or no question.  They will charge what the market will bear.  I will go to fewer games than I might otherwise, maybe none if they are outrageously popular this year.

I would say that it certainly isn't a modest increase.

Perhaps off topic, but I don't believe JJ should get a free pass from all past sins.  A Stanley Cup doesn't heal all my past wounds.  Plus I would like to see owners that are more savvy about growing and marketing this game of ours.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What did you think the Jacobs family were going to do ? Give hard working Bruins fans a break or a discount ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

^^^ This.
    My bosses and the other corporate sleazebags can put on their pink helmets and go, then wonder why they stopped play when a guy throws the puck all the way down ice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe:
    [QUOTE]^^^ This. My bosses and the other corporate sleazebags can put on their pink helmets and go, then wonder why they stopped play when a guy throws the puck all the way down ice.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

or why are they pulling the goalie with a minute left in a game

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

There may be a waiting list now for season tickets...if so, be prepared to pay...or get out.  Economics 101.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I can't wait for the Bruins to stink again. 
    No crowds at development camp. 
    No crowds at training camp. 
    Players easily accessable at training camp. 
    Easy to get tickets and then move down into the nice seats.
    Being part of a small group of dedicated and well informed fans.

The good old days.  They don't make them like that today.  They have all this fancy Stanley Cup stuff nowadays.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

BBB72 - are you a season ticket holder? Those prices were set in March and have nothing to do with the Cup win. My 4th row balcony end seat went from 28 to 35.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Well put, BadHab..well put.

Lets call it the price of success. It's not like the tix were cheap for the past 15 years or so anyways.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruin72. Show bigbadbruin72's posts

4th row? Are you sure it isn't the 14th row?
    The prices quoted are increases for 1/2 season. 10 game packages and single ticket prices are even higher.

In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe:
    [QUOTE]BBB72 - are you a season ticket holder? Those prices were set in March and have nothing to do with the Cup win. My 4th row balcony end seat went from 28 to 35.
    Posted by logeseats[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]I can't wait for the Bruins to stink again.  No crowds at development camp.  No crowds at training camp.  Players easily accessable at training camp.  Easy to get tickets and then move down into the nice seats. Being part of a small group of dedicated and well informed fans. The good old days.  They don't make them like that today.  They have all this fancy Stanley Cup stuff nowadays.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

The one year I lived close enough to attend most home games was 05-06. The 10 dollar ticket was awsome and could sit just about anywhere as long as the ushers didn't check my ticket. I like being a good team better though although I enjoyed how easy and afordable the tickets were in 05-06 I enjoy being a winning team better. 59 just to get in the building seems like a steep hike.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

balcony seats are 50 bucks in D.C. too

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

[QUOTE]4th row? Are you sure it isn't the 14th row? The prices quoted are increases for 1/2 season. 10 game packages and single ticket prices are even higher. In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe :
    Posted by bigbadbruin72[/QUOTE]

Positive. Been sitting there a few years now. I knew the single seats games were much higher. Perhaps the discount on full season is greater than the partials you mentioned.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

When my 60 year old mother asked me to get her tixs to a game this coming year so she can go with myself and her grandson, I KNEW tickets prices must be going to skyrocket.

She went to many games in the early 70's and still thought Derek Sanderson plays until recently.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

[QUOTE]Jacobs. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

JACOBS - Gave us a Stanley Cup!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Your prices went up more because you didn't renew early. It's really that simple. 

You can blame Jacobs all you want but I'd say look in the mirror if you want to blame someone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If you are selling a limited product, you charge what people will pay.

Great seats available on Long Island, however.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

[QUOTE]Your prices went up more because you didn't renew early. It's really that simple.  You can blame Jacobs all you want but I'd say look in the mirror if you want to blame someone.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

I re-uped and put my deposit down plenty early and am seeing the same increases.  My old tickets went up nearly 20 bucks as well.  Again these aren't for single game tickets or full season tickets - just the partial 5, 10, 11 and half season ticket packages.  The information was sent out yesterday.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruin72. Show bigbadbruin72's posts

Wrong. Only full season holders were allowed to renew early. 1/2 season and 10 game package holders do not even have guaranteed renewal. The Bruins asked for a $100.00 per seat non-refundable deposit last March. That is not even a guarantee that I can renew my seats, and no refund if The Bruins can't find comparable seats.

[QUOTE]Your prices went up more because you didn't renew early. It's really that simple.  You can blame Jacobs all you want but I'd say look in the mirror if you want to blame someone.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

My seats went up from 35 to 49 dollars either i pay it or do not go. It is an easy answer to give i am going.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I'm not too worried about the ticket price, moreso about the cost of flying from Vancouver to Boston to see them play a couple times this year. $59 for balcony is a bargain.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]Wrong. Only full season holders were allowed to renew early. 1/2 season and 10 game package holders do not even have guaranteed renewal. The Bruins asked for a $100.00 per seat non-refundable deposit last March. That is not even a guarantee that I can renew my seats, and no refund if The Bruins can't find comparable seats. In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe :

I see, you made it seem like you were a season ticket holder and were peeved because they increased it like that. For single games and 10 game packs, I don't see a problem with it as it's not your seat, you're just buying a set of games. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruin72. Show bigbadbruin72's posts

After all is said and done my $39.00 seat became a $65.00 seat an increase of $26.00 I am so angry I can't even calculate the percentage increase.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]After all is said and done my $39.00 seat became a $65.00 seat an increase of $26.00 I am so angry I can't even calculate the percentage increase.

Don't feel bad, I paid $225.00 per ticket on StubHub for 2 seats in  Balcony 328 row 9 to see the Bruins home opener against the Flyers on Oct. 6th. I was told that was a deal & should jump on them. I was told from a Bruins season ticket account executive in the TD Garden that this game could be the hottest regular season ticket in Bruins history. Although the tickets were outrageous in price, seeing the Stanley Cup Banner raised will be priceless!!

Sections
Shortcuts