Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe

Five years ago, when the team was absolutely terrible, they had $10 seats because no one wanted to go.

Now that people want to go, prices have gone up.

If you don't understand Economics 101, I suggest you follow this link:

http://www.investopedia.com/university/economics/economics3.asp

Also keep in mind that if you can't or don't want to pay for tickets to the games, you can watch the games on TV.  Going to games is a privilegde, not a right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TommyD603. Show TommyD603's posts

Wait, are you trying to tell me that Capitalism is a thing?
    If so, I shall have to ask you to step outside.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruin72. Show bigbadbruin72's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe:
    [QUOTE]Five years ago, when the team was absolutely terrible, they had $10 seats because no one wanted to go. Now that people want to go, prices have gone up. If you don't understand Economics 101, I suggest you follow this link: http://www.investopedia.com/university/economics/economics3.asp Also keep in mind that if you can't or don't want to pay for tickets to the games, you can watch the games on TV.  Going to games is a privilegde, not a right.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

To paraphrase Bill Clinton; It is NOT about the economy stupid. It is about being treated fairly. I have to ask if you or any of the chumps who are taking this lying down, or just telling us to bend over have any skin in the game? It seems that only ticket holders are actually upset, and everyone else is just a pink hat band wagon jumping fool.

I am starting my own waiting list for those people who apparently are willing to pay any price to see any game. I can't wait to sell you my unwanted overpriced tickets at even more inflated costs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruin72. Show bigbadbruin72's posts

By the way 82% of the people polled agree with me. Phhhht!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe : To paraphrase Bill Clinton; It is NOT about the economy stupid. It is about being treated fairly. I have to ask if you or any of the chumps who are taking this lying down, or just telling us to bend over have any skin in the game? It seems that only ticket holders are actually upset, and everyone else is just a pink hat band wagon jumping fool. I am starting my own waiting list for those people who apparently are willing to pay any price to see any game. I can't wait to sell you my unwanted overpriced tickets at even more inflated costs.
    Posted by bigbadbruin72[/QUOTE]

What is about being treated fairly?  You aren't being forced to buy season tickets.  You do so because you choose to do so.

You are one of no more than 9,000 Bruins season tickets holders.  You have the time and the money to commit to it.  Lucky you!  Stop crying about price increases.  If you don't like it, don't re-up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Here's info to support bigbadbruin...

1.) The Bruins announced a MASSIVE ticket increase to Mini Plan Holders because ITS THE FIRST PRICING THEY HAVE SET SINCE THEY WON THE CUP.

2.) The MASSIVE Mini Plan increase comes with the assurance by the Bruins that the massive increase is a "DISCOUNT TO REGULAR INVIDUAL GAME PRICING".

3.) INDIVIDUAL game prices will soon be set...promise of HIGHER than mini plans.

4.) EXISTING SEASON TICKET HOLDER prices were SET in february,2011. THAT MIGHT AS WELL HAVE BEEN 38 YEARS AGO. Its ancient history and we were all LUCKY to lock in as 39 year loser,pre-cup rates.

MOST ASSUREDLY--these massive Price Increases will be fully passed on to US the FULL SEASON ticket holders...NEXT SPRING.

This is the way it always works.  So the pain being expressed by bigbadbruin is cuz he's FIRST UP...the ONLY one to get STANLEY CUP PAIN inflicted by new Pricing.

It apears 100% certain that there will be NO seats in the Garden under $50..and thats last row Balcony.  100% plus increases are virtually assured especially in the balcony based on the new Bs pricing SINCE the Cup.

Forewarned...this was  A VERY EXPENSIVE CUP....AND JACOBS IS MONETIZING IT BIG TIME

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe : What is about being treated fairly?  You aren't being forced to buy season tickets.  You do so because you choose to do so. You are one of no more than 9,000 Bruins season tickets holders.  You have the time and the money to commit to it.  Lucky you!  Stop crying about price increases.  If you don't like it, don't re-up.

YOU know something... I am outside of BOSTON and do not attend games.... so I will not complain about the price increase.

HOWEVER; if the team took any NON_REFUNDIBLE deposit from anyone for the tickets, and then subsequently changed the rules and did not offer me back my exact same seats but rather sold them to someone else- I WOULD BE PISSED!   Additionally "IF" they took that deposit and put in the paperwork that there would be a certain price increase and then made it more- I WOULD BE PISSED". 

IF I had assumed I would get my same tickest for the exact same price just because I had been there for years then we all know what ASSUME means.

I am one who believes if you make a deposit NON-REFUNDIBLE then that changes all the rules with regards to the agreement.  Esentially what the B's have done is taken those people's money under one set of rules (won the championship) and then changed the rules and said TOUGH CRAP WE ARE STEALING YOUR CASH.....   In that case I understand the season tix holders being pissed off.  However in the case of the man who says his exact seats were sold out from under him, and then he was offerewd worse seats, or much more expensive seats..... IF the team took his deposit and then did that, I think they should return his money if he does not agree with any of their alternative options which are NOT the seats he put his deposit on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE] Forewarned...this was  A VERY EXPENSIVE CUP....AND JACOBS IS MONETIZING IT BIG TIME
    Posted by dogwhacker[/QUOTE]

And as the owner of the team that was able to purchase it many years ago, it's his right to do so.  He will raise prices as high as he can while still keeping the house full.  He's a businessman, just like almost every other team owner.

I'll take paying double for a ticket a few times a year because they won the Cup over paying cheap money and never being able to say, "Hey, the Bruins won the Cup!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

The price raise is Jacob's right... AGREED.

However it is WRONG to take Non-Refundible deposits on groups of tickets and then change the rules with reagrds to those tickets and still without the depositor's money!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]The price raise is Jacob's right... AGREED. However it is WRONG to take Non-Refundible deposits on groups of tickets and then change the rules with reagrds to those tickets and still without the depositor's money!
    Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE]

Not only wrong, but illegal, which is why I'm sure this isn't what happened.  I'm sure there is something that says, "At current ticket prices".

They can't take your money for a deposit on Price A and then tell you it's going to be Price B.  This is a professional sports team, not Mikey from Southie on the corner of Canal and Causeway.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

I think BigBadBruin shouls take the Bruins to small claims court.

You made a very substantial deposit (a large percent of the cost of a mini plan ticket)...months in advance..and were the victim of a Bait and Switch scheme.

The key here is the DEPOSIT. You PURCHASED a ticket with the not unreasonable assumption  you would sit in that seat OR A SEAT ANYWHERE WITHIN THE SAME PRICE RANGE.

I think you have  a decent shot...it costs you ZERO...and if you win you will be on ESPN and be a hero of fans EVERYWHERE.

What do you think???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]I think BigBadBruin shouls take the Bruins to small claims court. You made a very substantial deposit (a large percent of the cost of a mini plan ticket)...months in advance..and were the victim of a Bait and Switch scheme. The key here is the DEPOSIT. You PURCHASED a ticket with the not unreasonable assumption  you would sit in that seat OR A SEAT ANYWHERE WITHIN THE SAME PRICE RANGE. I think you have  a decent shot...it costs you ZERO...and if you win you will be on ESPN and be a hero of fans EVERYWHERE. What do you think???

Sure, take him the Bs to small claims court because he didn't read the agreement (most people don't). I'm not a lawyer, but before I put down a non-refundable deposit, I'm going to read through to see how I could get f'd.

I know that it should be affordable to go to games, I just think its funny that Jacobs is greedy while John Henry across the way gets a pass for charging even more.

It stinks that pricing is going up, but you're still paying less than box office and tickets are going to sell out fast. Worst case scenario, you make your money back. If that's the worst case, I don't have much sympathy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]Five years ago, when the team was absolutely terrible, they had $10 seats because no one wanted to go. Now that people want to go, prices have gone up. If you don't understand Economics 101, I suggest you follow this link: http://www.investopedia.com/university/economics/economics3.asp Also keep in mind that if you can't or don't want to pay for tickets to the games, you can watch the games on TV.  Going to games is a privilegde, not a right.

AMEN!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Bigbad, if the situatiuon is what you say..I think you'd have a great shot at winning 1 on 1 in small claims.

If not, try Martha Coakley. She'd love the publicity of defending a little guy against a hated Buffalo Employer.

Good luck.  You have nothing to lose...and possibly great tickets and celebrity status to gain

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruin72. Show bigbadbruin72's posts

[QUOTE]Bigbad, if the situatiuon is what you say..I think you'd have a great shot at winning 1 on 1 in small claims. If not, try Martha Coakley. She'd love the publicity of defending a little guy against a hated Buffalo Employer. Good luck.  You have nothing to lose...and possibly great tickets and celebrity status to gain

Unfortunately, and as far as I can tell, there was never anything in writing about any prices except what was printed in the Globe (see above). They made an announcement of an average increase of $4.00. Then asked for a non refundable deposit. Then months later posted the huge increases. Then they came to me with a hogwash story about how the 1/2 season ticket plans were sold in the order that the deposits were received, and that someone else scooped my seats ( two years in a row).

So since they never specifically mentioned 1/2 season tickets in the origanl announcement it may be near impossible to claim a bait and switch on a price increase. However there may be something to do about them selling my seats to someone else... I'll have to research their agreement, if I can find one. It seems like they don't post it on their site.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Well, the truth is starting to come out.

Did you have a signed agreement in place for specific seats for the season, or a guarantee of the same seats going forward?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruin72. Show bigbadbruin72's posts

[QUOTE]Well, the truth is starting to come out. Did you have a signed agreement in place for specific seats for the season, or a guarantee of the same seats going forward?
    The Bruins do not offer anything to sign. There is an implied agreement however when one puts a deposit down on an existing product. Let me give you a very clear example, in fact one that also involves seats... I'll type slowly so you can follow. Let's say you see an ad stating that "Chair prices are going up unless you commit to buy now!" So you go down to John's furniture store and you find a comfy chair to sit in while watching the Bruins on your new HDTV. ( Because you were smart enough not to buy tickets at inflated prices.) Now you really like the chair, you think you can afford the chair and you have room in your budget for the chair. The furniture store owner says "You can't actually buy the chair for three months, but you can put a deposit on it so in three months you may be able to buy the chair if you still want it." Three months later you get a call from the store and they tell you they will call you tomorrow with a "chance to buy a different chair at a higher price." You ask, 'What happened to my chair that I put a deposit on?" and the store says "That was only a deposit for the possibility of buying the chair, not the chair you wanted, not even for the same price. We just happen to be very popular store at the moment and someone came in here yesterday and offered to buy your chair, so I sold it to him. Your only option is a more expensive chair, or one of lesser quality."

Since you think this deal is so great would you take the crappy one or the more expensive one?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe : The Bruins do not offer anything to sign. There is an implied agreement however when one puts a deposit down on an existing product. Let me give you a very clear example, in fact one that also involves seats... I'll type slowly so you can follow. Posted by bigbadbruin72[/QUOTE]

We follow. You're mad because ticket prices went up after you put down a deposit. You also don't understand laws and agreements. You did not have your seat, you had a best effort promise of your seats if no one in front of you in line wanted them.

Also, you complain about pricing going up. Wah, wah, wah. If you don't like the prices you are being charged, go down to Ace Tickets and sell them at a profit. Wah again.  

Just please don't take them to small claims court as I don't want you wasting my tax money with your whinny gripes that have no basis in law. Because you didn't understand what you were signing up for, I have no pity for your gripes after the fact.

Ticket prices go up with demand. It's a business.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]Bigbad, if the situatiuon is what you say..I think you'd have a great shot at winning 1 on 1 in small claims. Posted by dogwhacker[/QUOTE]

If by great shot you mean not a shot at all, then yes. As long as he is offered tickets, he has no case.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe : The Bruins do not offer anything to sign. There is an implied agreement however when one puts a deposit down on an existing product. Let me give you a very clear example, in fact one that also involves seats... I'll type slowly so you can follow. Let's say you see an ad stating that "Chair prices are going up unless you commit to buy now!" So you go down to John's furniture store and you find a comfy chair to sit in while watching the Bruins on your new HDTV. ( Because you were smart enough not to buy tickets at inflated prices.) Now you really like the chair, you think you can afford the chair and you have room in your budget for the chair. The furniture store owner says "You can't actually buy the chair for three months, but you can put a deposit on it so in three months you may be able to buy the chair if you still want it." Three months later you get a call from the store and they tell you they will call you tomorrow with a "chance to buy a different chair at a higher price." You ask, 'What happened to my chair that I put a deposit on?" and the store says "That was only a deposit for the possibility of buying the chair, not the chair you wanted, not even for the same price. We just happen to be very popular store at the moment and someone came in here yesterday and offered to buy your chair, so I sold it to him. Your only option is a more expensive chair, or one of lesser quality." Since you think this deal is so great would you take the crappy one or the more expensive one?

1.  Put a deposit for the chance to buy a seat.

2.  Chance to buy a seat is given.

Where is the problem?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruin72. Show bigbadbruin72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe : 1.  Put a deposit for the chance to buy a seat. 2.  Chance to buy a seat is given. Where is the problem?

The problem is 2. No chance to buy seat. It was sold before they even gave me the chance.

As for NRguy, and the rest of you who think that this is the deal of a lifetime I'll be selling any seat you want at 3x box office. The only difference between me and the Ticketmasters/Ace etc is I won't charge you any convenience fee or service charge. However Montreal tickets will be 4x box office. You know, supply and demand...Cool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe :   The problem is 2. No chance to buy seat. It was sold before they even gave me the chance.

It seems to me that you were given a chance to buy a seat.  I'm sure this process was outlined in the paperwork that you failed to read.

[QUOTE]After all is said and done my $39.00 seat became a $65.00 seat an increase of $26.00 I am so angry I can't even calculate the percentage increase.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruin72. Show bigbadbruin72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe : It seems to me that you were given a chance to buy a seat.  I'm sure this process was outlined in the paperwork that you failed to read.

My answer is outlined in the answers YOU failed to read.

NO PAPERWORK, NO WRITTEN POLICY. NO CHANCE TO BUY MY CURRENT SEATS. The Bruins can do whatever they damn well please because they know the next person in line will just blindly pay whatever they want to charge because they are so happy that "we" won The Stanley Cup.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe : My answer is outlined in the answers YOU failed to read. NO PAPERWORK, NO WRITTEN POLICY. NO CHANCE TO BUY MY CURRENT SEATS. The Bruins can do whatever they damn well please because they know the next person in line will just blindly pay whatever they want to charge because they are so happy that "we" won The Stanley Cup.

While I agree your right on nothing to sign, there is definitely a policy some place..

Also when did you try to buy? because deposit and hold overs had a chance to buy them before they went on sale to the public late last week? Did you wait to long?

Like I said were in a similar boat, and i walked away from my tickets, but I know I had the chance to buy tickets like a month before the mini packs went on sale...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe : My answer is outlined in the answers YOU failed to read. NO PAPERWORK, NO WRITTEN POLICY. NO CHANCE TO BUY MY CURRENT SEATS. The Bruins can do whatever they damn well please because they know the next person in line will just blindly pay whatever they want to charge because they are so happy that "we" won The Stanley Cup.

So you're mad they weren't nice to you then and treated it like a business agreement? I'd like to feel bad for your situation but you've given me no reason to believe that you are being wronged and the Bruins are evil.

Get over it, move on. Stop trying to play the "Jacobs is evil" card.