Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe

In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe : So you're mad they weren't nice to you then and treated it like a business agreement? I'd like to feel bad for your situation but you've given me no reason to believe that you are being wronged and the Bruins are evil. Get over it, move on. Stop trying to play the "Jacobs is evil" card.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

I don't know that its about being wrong, there is a valid point that you have a seat at a price, and when you put a deposit down, in good faith, that seat will be available to you.. You would also expect that the price would be similar, or in line with inflation..

My tickets went up 47.5%..  Thats near extortion..

You have to put a deposit down to have a right to buy your seats, but there is no gaurantee about the location, and they can't tell you the cost till the packages are actually put together the following season..

There is an obvious gripe there, anyone who doesn't want to see that is trying to hard..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If you put money down without having any paperwork, how can you be upset at the outcome?

You misunderstood.

That's not their fault.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

NAS,
    thats a stretch, there is no paperwork, how do you not get that??  Maybe you're the one who doesnt understand..

You ever signed paperwork for any ticket you bought ever, the ticket itself is the contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe:
    [QUOTE]NAS, thats a stretch, there is no paperwork, how do you not get that??  Maybe you're the one who doesnt understand.. You ever signed paperwork for any ticket you bought ever, the ticket itself is the contract.
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

When I buy a ticket, I pay in full and get the ticket.

If I were putting a deposit down on ANYTHING, I'd read the paperwork.  Anyone who doesn't is a fool.  I'm sure there is plenty of paperwork available.  This guy is upset because he misunderstood.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe : When I buy a ticket, I pay in full and get the ticket. If I were putting a deposit down on ANYTHING, I'd read the paperwork.  Anyone who doesn't is a fool.  I'm sure there is plenty of paperwork available.  This guy is upset because he misunderstood.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Nas,
    There is no paperwork.
    I was in the similar situation, you handle the transaction over the phone. Sorry you are unaware of the situation, but your just wrong on this.  Your making claims with no knowledge of the situation.

There is no paper work, everything is on file, and they just re up and charge you again, I have been doing this for years.  I am sure there are terms availabe some place, but there is no contract or paperwork supplied to you.  You have a representative who calls you, and ask if you want to renue and then they charge you, your information is all on file, and there is nothing you need to do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruin72. Show bigbadbruin72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe : When I buy a ticket, I pay in full and get the ticket. If I were putting a deposit down on ANYTHING, I'd read the paperwork.  Anyone who doesn't is a fool.  I'm sure there is plenty of paperwork available.  This guy is upset because he misunderstood.

Seriously someone has a learning disability here.
    1. There is NO paperwork.
    2. Non-refundable Deposits were made on time.
    3. Deposits meant NOTHING. All they did was give people the opportunity to get a call from the Bruins when the time came to purchase seats.

Now if that ain't a scam then I'm Berney Madoff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe : Seriously someone has a learning disability here. 1. There is NO paperwork. 2. Non-refundable Deposits were made on time. 3. Deposits meant NOTHING. All they did was give people the opportunity to get a call from the Bruins when the time came to purchase seats. Now if that ain't a scam then I'm Berney Madoff.
    Posted by bigbadbruin72[/QUOTE]

Did they offer you a chance to buy any seats?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe : Nas, There is no paperwork. I was in the similar situation, you handle the transaction over the phone. Sorry you are unaware of the situation, but your just wrong on this.  Your making claims with no knowledge of the situation. There is no paper work, everything is on file, and they just re up and charge you again, I have been doing this for years.  I am sure there are terms availabe some place, but there is no contract or paperwork supplied to you.  You have a representative who calls you, and ask if you want to renue and then they charge you, your information is all on file, and there is nothing you need to do.
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

I'm sure paperwork is available.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruin72. Show bigbadbruin72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe : Did they offer you a chance to buy any seats?

If you were following along, yes. They offered 2 options; more expensive and closer, and more expensive and further back. Hardly better than Sophie's choice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe : If you were following along, yes. They offered 2 options; more expensive and closer, and more expensive and further back. Hardly better than Sophie's choice.

I'm still failing to see how its a scam when you're have the option to purchase tickets and they will be offering you tickets at a discount to face value. I wish all scams were like that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe : If you were following along, yes. They offered 2 options; more expensive and closer, and more expensive and further back. Hardly better than Sophie's choice.

You put a deposit down to buy seats.

Seats were offered.

Tell me again where the problem is.  You don't have anything in writing, meaning you have nothing to guarantee your previous seats or their previous price.

You're upset because you didn't pay attention.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruin72. Show bigbadbruin72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe : I'm still failing to see how its a scam when you're have the option to purchase tickets and they will be offering you tickets at a discount to face value. I wish all scams were like that.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

The scam is a flim-flam, bait and switch, sleight of hand. It is the three card Monty of ticket sales.

The Bruins demanded a deposit on an item that couldn't actually be purchased for several months, and then refused to sell me the item I put a deposit on.

How thick do you have to be to not understand that. If it happened at a retail store the AG's office would be all over it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

NR guy,
    Tickets are not offered at a discount to face value.

NAS,
    I don't know why you don't to believe there is not paperwork, but I am talking from a point of experience, your not, your talking from a point of expectation, that being the case, how can you argue with BBbruin, for holding the Bruins to an expectation..

Your ticket is your contract, you are never asked to sign anything, nothing other then the tickets is ever sent to you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe : The scam is a flim-flam, bait and switch, sleight of hand. It is the three card Monty of ticket sales. The Bruins demanded a deposit on an item that couldn't actually be purchased for several months, and then refused to sell me the item I put a deposit on. How thick do you have to be to not understand that. If it happened at a retail store the AG's office would be all over it.

How thick do you have to be to understand that you were never guaranteed that ticket as there was no contract, no paperwork, nothing to guarantee you that ticket. You were only guaranteed the option to buy tickets, you weren't guaranteed your seat as you have provided nothing to say that (they've offered you more expensive and less expensive seats and fullfilled their side of the deal). It's not a bait and switch as they aren't replacing Bruins tickets with tickets to the Boston Blazers. Its not a scam as they are not  just taking your money without fullfilling their end of the deal, and it's not a sleight of hand as they are not stealing money from your pocket.

The AG isn't all over it because you have no case. What would you bring with you to a court case? You think the AG would go after a retailer but not a sports arena? What's the logic behind that comment?

AND YOU DIDN'T PUT A DEPOSIT ON A SPECIFIC SEAT. Why is that so hard for you to understand. You were putting a deposit down for an option to buy tickets, not your seat. The Bruins fullfilled their obligation and offered you tickets. 

Roller, ok, fine you don't get a discount but they're not selling the tickets at a higher price than the box office and your deposit will be deducted from the total price. I fail to see a scam here. You bought an option to buy 10 tickets, you'll get 10 tickets. 

To be honest, given how quickly they'll sell out, the Bruins could charge you more than face as you are guaranteed 10 tickets in a 10 game pack whereas it would be hard to get 10x2 tickets to games this season given the success of the team.

I also fail to have sympathy for you when you will most likely be able to sell your tickets at higher than face value for each game.

If you feel so strongly, find a lawyer and see what they say. I'd love to hear what he tells you and I'd love to be wrong about this as I hope you win.

Tickets are expensive, I agree. You've come on here to complain about a scam and how the Bruins lied. If you actually had a case, you'd be pleading it in court rather than complaining on a message board.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

NR,
    I don't think its a scam, I do feel its an unreasonable raise in the rate though.  Tickets went from 44 to 65.  thats a near 50% increase on tickets that were reported to be at an "average" increase of 7%.  When you place the deposit they tell you they can not give you pricing for the next season, but there might be a modest increase.  I think 50% is well beyond modest, and fans who have placed this deposit should be able to walk away from such a drastic, and yes unfair increase.  I would expect if you tell your rep your not renewing because of the price increase they will work with you to allocat that money towards something, if they there was enough resistance though, and enough fans fought that increase (non refundable deposit)  I think there would indeed be an investigation.  It's fairly unethical to ask fans to place a non refundable deposit on a seat you are not holding for them, at a price point you can't gaurantee, and then raising prices well above any inflation rate in the economy..

As far as how fast they sell out, I think they have had lower then expected ticket sales to this point because of the price increase, as I stated before my rep called me a second time after I said I was not renewing my seats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Does anyone know the date that single game tickets go on sale on ticketmaster.  I saw Aug. 20th somewhere but wasn't sure if that was last year or this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruin72. Show bigbadbruin72's posts

[QUOTE] You were only guaranteed the option to buy tickets, you weren't guaranteed your seat as you have provided nothing to say that (they've offered you more expensive and less expensive seats and fullfilled their side of the deal). It's not a bait and switch as they aren't replacing Bruins tickets with tickets to the Boston Blazers. Its not a scam as they are not  just taking your money without fullfilling their end of the deal, and it's not a sleight of hand as they are not stealing money from your pocket.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

NO, I was never guaranteed the option to buy tickets. I was told to put a deposit down for two 1/2 season tickets, with the expectation that I would be renewing my seats at a nominal increase. NO the Bruins never offered me my seats, nor did they offer less expensive seats ( there are none). YES it is a scam because in a verbal contract one has the reasonable expectation that both parties will uphold their part of the deal. The Bruins asked for and accepted a NON REFUNDABLE deposit. The Bruins announced MODEST Price increases. The Bruins DID NOT Offer me my same seats. The Bruins DID Raise prices above and beyond any previous announcements. The Bruins DID SELL MY SEATS to someone else. The Bruins only offered MORE EXPENSIVE and seats that were an INFERIOR PRODUCT, compared to what I had agreed to by placing the deposit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins raise ticket prices more than the amount reported in the Globe : NO, I was never guaranteed the option to buy tickets. I was told to put a deposit down for two 1/2 season tickets, with the expectation that I would be renewing my seats at a nominal increase. NO the Bruins never offered me my seats, nor did they offer less expensive seats ( there are none). YES it is a scam because in a verbal contract one has the reasonable expectation that both parties will uphold their part of the deal. The Bruins asked for and accepted a NON REFUNDABLE deposit. The Bruins announced MODEST Price increases. The Bruins DID NOT Offer me my same seats. The Bruins DID Raise prices above and beyond any previous announcements. The Bruins DID SELL MY SEATS to someone else. The Bruins only offered MORE EXPENSIVE and seats that were an INFERIOR PRODUCT, compared to what I had agreed to by placing the deposit.

Just because you don't understand, it doens't make it illegal.

Yes, you were offered seats.

No, they didn't give "your seats" away.  You have no license on them, therefore you have no claim to them. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Still the same f in babies itching & complaining about those bad Bruins and their bad ticket prices, pathetic, go to the beach or something and then complain about the price of parking.  Wahhhhh!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Let’s see if I understand this thread correctly:

Something about tickets.

If you seriously believe that then you should be 1st in line to pay these inflated prices. Let me explain, no, there's not enough time, let me sum up. – bigbadbruin72

MeanE..Not to sound like a personal attack, but theres some stupidity in this post.. – rolerhoky19

You have a right to complain and I have a right to complain about you and others that complain. – MeanE

Re read my post.. then maybe start your last post over..You appear to be having a bad day.. – rolerhoky19

Wait, are you trying to tell me that Capitalism is a thing? If so, I shall have to ask you to step outside. – TommyD603

This is a professional sports team, not Mikey from Southie on the corner of Canal and Causeway. – NAS

I'll type slowly so you can follow. – bigbadbruin72

Just please don't take them to small claims court as I don't want you wasting my tax money with your whinny gripes that have no basis in law. – nrguy

Your making claims with no knowledge of the situation. – rolerhoky19

Seriously someone has a learning disability here. – bigbadbruin72

Does anyone know the date that single game tickets go on sale on ticketmaster.  I saw Aug. 20th somewhere but wasn't sure if that was last year or this year. – Rufus604

Got it. Wow. I will never get those 15 minutes of my life back.