Bruins-Rangers 1/19

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Bruins-Rangers 1/19

First game of the season! Just confirmed, can't wait but I also hate the Bruins versus Ludqvist, he always gives them trouble..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Bruins-Rangers 1/19

Should be a good one.  i like this 48 gm sprint.  You have a few bad weeks and it could spell trouble. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

I am just excited to be watching the Bruins again!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

The Bruins will have their hands full with the Rangers in their 1st game but they will see how much work they wiill have to do playing a contender. They will need a fast start and a win vs. the Rangers, would give them alot of confidence to get the season going in the right direction.

I hope the Bruins play hard  for the fans and show they are the team we all know they can be and to hell with the lockout lets play hockey.

LETS GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Great match up, can't wait. Not sure but I think Henrik's best GAA(vs individual teams) is against the B's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Didn't the Bruins lose to Philly 1-0 in their game opener?

The year they won the Cup!

New 55" tv and now hockey...Life is GOOD

May no player receive any serious injury

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Rick Nash will have Chara to look forward to in his debut. Good game to open the season with... can't come soon enough.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to LordByron77's comment: [QUOTE]

Didn't the Bruins lose to Philly 1-0 in their game opener? The year they won the Cup!

May no player receive any serious injury [/QUOTE]

Yep and the same will be this year, the first game of the season will have no bearing on the outcome of the cup. I'll bet the game will be pretty sloppy and torts will complain the whole time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Is it a night game? I hate those afternoon games vs. Rangers. They're always 1-0 or 2-1 and both teams slog through them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Not a good team for the B's to be playing right off the bat. Hopefully the Rangers aren't in midseason form with their shotblocking.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

If they are going to be doing their shot blocking I would like to see Chara lining up some blasts from the blue line. Pretty sure if he hits a few Rangers with his cannon they'll be a little shy about getting in front of a few more. I know Callahan won't want to get in front of too many of Chara's bombs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

nice... i see it's a saturday. it will be on the tube, and my ranger buddies can come over. i had a backpacking trip planned that weekend, but with 50's and rain this weekend, there will be no snow to play in next weekend. looks like i have new plans. go b's!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjcaesar. Show kjcaesar's posts

I can't wait for the season to begin! Let's go Bruins!:)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

A Fresh Henrik and they might just make it to the final this season. They're my prediction for the final with either Kings or Canucks.  Rangers win.

yuck on a 48 game season !

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

This game may prove to be the difference between finishing 1st or 2nd in the Conference.

Give me $500 - Win : Bruins to take the Conference and

Give me $1,000 - Straight Exacta : Bruins - Rangers for the Conference.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

This game may prove to be the difference between finishing 1st or 2nd in the Conference.

[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm, right ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm, right ?

No sarcasm, at all.

Only a point or two will separate them at the end, hence the importance of this first game.

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Going by tradition since the 99-2000 season. The B's have scored the following in the first game of the season & this year they're going against the goalie that gives them the hardest time.

99- 1 goal- L

00- 4 goals- W

01- 4 goals- W

02- 1 goal- L

03- 3 goals (2 by Jeff Jillison remember him)- TIED

05- 1 goal- L

06- 3 goals, L- allowed 8 to Fla

07- 1 goal- L

08- 5 goals- W

09- 1 goal- L

10- 2 goals- L

11- 1 goal- L

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Going by tradition since the 99-2000 season. The B's have scored the following in the first game of the season & this year they're going against the goalie that gives them the hardest time.

99- 1 goal- L

00- 4 goals- W

01- 4 goals- W

02- 1 goal- L

05- 1 goal- L

07- 1 goal- L

08- 5 goals- W

09- 1 goal- L

10- 2 goals- L

11- 1 goal- L

[/QUOTE]

Seems they follow up a 1 goal opening with an average of 3.4 goals the following opener. Median of 3 goals, high of 5.

THAT BODES VERY WELL FOR A BRUIN WIN.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

99- 1 goal- L

00- 4 goals- W

01- 4 goals- W

02- 1 goal- L

05- 1 goal- L

07- 1 goal- L

08- 5 goals- W

09- 1 goal- L

10- 2 goals- L

11- 1 goal- L

[/QUOTE]

Seems they follow up a 1 goal opening with an average of 3.4 goals the following opener. Median of 3 goals, high of 5.

[/QUOTE]

LOL! Niice way to look at it Wheats. I don't know what it is, but there's 2 goalies that give the Bruins fits almost everytime they play against them. Backstrom in Minny & Henrik in NY. Brodeur, Roy even Hasek never gave the B's this much trouble as those 2. I know we don't have to worry about Backstrom this season unless they both make the finals. As a goalie I have my teams & players that I just seem to have a groove against too. I bet Kel & Soxfan have theirs too. It's just strange how it works sometimes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

99- 1 goal- L

00- 4 goals- W

01- 4 goals- W

02- 1 goal- L

05- 1 goal- L

07- 1 goal- L

08- 5 goals- W

09- 1 goal- L

10- 2 goals- L

11- 1 goal- L

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL! Niice way to look at it Wheats. I don't know what it is, but there's 2 goalies that give the Bruins fits almost everytime they play against them. in Backstrom in Minny & Henrik in NY. Brodeur, Roy even Hasek never gave the B's this much trouble as those 2. I know we don't have to worry about Backstrom this season unless they both make the finals. As a goalie I have my teams & players that I just seem to have a groove against too. I bet Kel & Soxfan have theirs too. It's just strange how it works sometimes.

[/QUOTE]

More the system than the goalie? Shot blocking and great defence gives any team fits in scoring.

Here's hoping Seguin and Bergeron hook up for a few goals. Depending on the line-up, of course

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.