Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Re: Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey

Have no clue as to what Hennessey brings, but I think any of us posters would be a better alternative then Whitfield.
    n Response to Re: Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey : Good analysis. Why bring up Hamill and get stuck for 1/2 his salary if someone picks him up. Hennessy is older and has a little NHL time. The alternative might have been Whitfield and at least Hennessy gets a start with his home town team. He can always fill in the 4th line.
    Posted by PINEwarmer[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey : RichHill, that's a perfectly plausible injury...if you're 75 and weigh 300 pounds...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Good one!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Interesting
    http://www.providencebruins.com/Team/Player/Hennessy/Josh

Same draft as Nathan Horton 2nd round 43rd overall by SJ.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Its a win win situation for the Bs regardless, if there being showcased then the timing is perfect for both the Bs and the 2 players. If there here for other reasons as mentioned, gives the Bs a good look at the so called ready from providence anddddddddd maybe a spark the this team and some of the players. Takes away that daily thought by a few, will i be traded .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

His time in Providence has given Hennessey an opportunity to absorb Claude's 'system" so he can fill in on this road trip, particularly with Horton out. Absolutely Caron is a better fit than Pouliot, much more responsible. But, Kreji skated well against the CAPs and may wonder, as tuuka does, what do I have to do ??? Kreji needs goal scorers to be effective, and while Caron is reliable at both ends of the ice, he is not a "scorer". Pouliot is not reliable, and the goals he scored, way back when, were products of other players extra effort. In fact, his first goal was a product of Caron working hard down low, and feeding a goal mouth dunk. Claude does understand his"North American" players mind-set, but, it looks like he has problems with both Kreji and Tuuka.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Winexpos for the win, I think.  An extra D and F for the long road trip so that if there is an injury they don't have to scramble to fly someone out.

If you want to read into this though, what I think you can get out of it is that previous 13th and 7th skaters weren't compelling enough to keep the Bruins from seeing what others might be able to do, given the chance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I also like the idea of carrying an extra forward that can push players like Pouliot and Caron. 
    I would like to see Hennessey in the place of Pouliot with Krejci as it stands now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/post/Hennessey-This-is-something-Ive-always-d?blockID=651090&feedID=10428

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

JH has never managed to show much offensive game in limited NHL opportunities.  He's always been a half-decent AHL player, which gives people hope he might make the jump, but he had to spend last year in Lugano.  There's almost zero chance that he's in Boston to push anyone or to audition for a trade.  Like Whitfield before him, he's likely there as a professional journeyman who will give them an honest effort if he does end up in the lineup.  It does mean that there's very little in Providence that they would feel comfortable putting in the lineup at this stage.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Bs need to do something, Ottawa is only 6 points behind and up 2 zip after 2.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Bs need to do something, Ottawa is only 6 points behind and up 2 zip after 2.
    Posted by thefly8[/QUOTE]
    They've also played 5 more games than Boston.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Bs need to do something, Ottawa is only 6 points behind and up 2 zip after 2.
    Posted by thefly8[/QUOTE]

The Bruins 5 games in hand over the Sens to go with that 6 point lead.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Good point! I still think a little tweak is needed to push them. I'm not sure but I don't think they have won 2 in a row since the Van game and that can be a problem...not like they are playing bad tonight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]JH has never managed to show much offensive game in limited NHL opportunities.  He's always been a half-decent AHL player, which gives people hope he might make the jump, but he had to spend last year in Lugano.  There's almost zero chance that he's in Boston to push anyone or to audition for a trade.  Like Whitfield before him, he's likely there as a professional journeyman who will give them an honest effort if he does end up in the lineup.  It does mean that there's very little in Providence that they would feel comfortable putting in the lineup at this stage.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I'de still sit Pouliot tomorrow against the Habs and give this guy a chance.
    Maybe it'll light a fire under some of these guys.