Bruins reassign Warsofsky and Nick Johnson to Providence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bruins reassign Warsofsky and Nick Johnson to Providence

http://nesn.com/2013/12/bruins-reassign-david-warsofsky-nick-johnson-to-providence/

"The reassignment of Johnson and Warsofsky likely means that Daniel Paille and Dougie Hamilton are close to returning to the ice. Both players have been out since Dec. 8, Paille with a concussion and Hamilton with a lower-body injury."

eassignment of Johnson and Warsofsky likely means that Daniel Paille and Dougie Hamilton are close to returning to the ice. Both players have been out since Dec. 8, Paille with a concussion and Hamilton with a lower-body injury.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/12/bruins-reassign-david-warsofsky-nick-johnson-to-providence/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Bruins reassign Warsofsky and Nick Johnson to Providence

So far all the d-men that have been brought from Providence I've been impressed with. The only forward that's been impressive has been Spooner. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

So far all the d-men that have been brought from Providence I've been impressed with. The only forward that's been impressive has been Spooner. 

Agree. Time for Caron to be shipped out... start fresh elsewhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I agree. I thought Caron might come around but he hasn't, he's a complete pylon out on the ice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I agree. I thought Caron might come around but he hasn't, he's a complete pylon out on the ice.

I was thinking this about Caron last year, PC has given him extra time in my book!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Warsofsky looked better than expected, but that was a perfect cup-of-coffee that can keep him hungry back down in Providence.

What a weird, 180-degree shift in defensive personality for this team from the-puck-is-like-a-grenade type of physical, defensive defensemen (Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuk, Ference, McQuaid, Stuart, etc.) , to puck-moving, pinching, agile, offensive-minded defensemen (Krug, Dougie, Bart, Warsofsky (,Kampfer)).

Of course non of the young offensive-minded D have won a Stanley Cup, so all of these developments are still short-term and maybe "regular season specific", but the dramatic difference in playing style is surprising. Perhaps that is simply the natural evolution of defensemen in the NHL. Perhaps the offensive types "show" earlier, and the tougher, Stanley Cup-winning defensive defensemen take longer to develop, and for that reason, can never be accurately predicted.

It will be interesting to watch the coach and the GM finding ways to test the young kids in the next few months to see who can be counted on to come through when the going gets tough in the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If I'm Warsofsky I might ask to be traded. He belongs in the NHL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It must also help the call-ups to step right into the same team style they play in Providence.  They haven't looked out of place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

Warsofsky looked better than expected, but that was a perfect cup-of-coffee that can keep him hungry back down in Providence.

What a weird, 180-degree shift in defensive personality for this team from the-puck-is-like-a-grenade type of physical, defensive defensemen (Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuk, Ference, McQuaid, Stuart, etc.) , to puck-moving, pinching, agile, offensive-minded defensemen (Krug, Dougie, Bart, Warsofsky (,Kampfer)).

Of course non of the young offensive-minded D have won a Stanley Cup, so all of these developments are still short-term and maybe "regular season specific", but the dramatic difference in playing style is surprising. Perhaps that is simply the natural evolution of defensemen in the NHL. Perhaps the offensive types "show" earlier, and the tougher, Stanley Cup-winning defensive defensemen take longer to develop, and for that reason, can never be accurately predicted.

It will be interesting to watch the coach and the GM finding ways to test the young kids in the next few months to see who can be counted on to come through when the going gets tough in the playoffs.

I think it just has to do with the Bruins drafting midgets the past few years. I don't even know the last big defenseman they drafted. Probably Lashoff? The good thing is that I don't think these guys sacrifice much defense, as they are more likely to get the puck out of the zone (best defense is a good offense), and they make up for power with speed. They can make some plays that McQuaid/Boychuk/Seidenberg can make, and vice versa.

As for whoever commented on the forwards.....Spooner is obviously a boss, but I think Fraser has been pretty good. Serviceable, at the very least. Johnson hasn't impressed very much, and Caron just needs to go....flat out. Very occasionally, he'll have a game where I think "Hey, you know what? He might be a top 9 guy", but I think I'm finally over it. I wish they drafted Marcus Johansson.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Disagree.

Some players are drafted with ceilings of being top 6 players.........some as bottom 6. Caron ........obviously the latter.

If you are expecting him to replace any of the top 6 with offense .........he's not the guy ( and your expectations blow ). 

If you're looking for a 10th-12th forward replacement ............he's a guy who can do that.

He has filled in nicely as a 4th line replacement/penalty killer. He's a depth player for the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

If I'm Warsofsky I might ask to be traded. He belongs in the NHL.

Have a feeling he will get traded or Bartkowski as part of a package for a top 6 forward if PC decides Eriksson is done or can't be effective enough. Man it would it would be nice to see just go out n kill it during the Olympics. Get his marbles and cobwebs shaken out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Disagree.

Some players are drafted with ceilings of being top 6 players.........some as bottom 6. Caron ........obviously the latter.

If you are expecting him to replace any of the top 6 with offense .........he's not the guy ( and your expectations blow ). 

If you're looking for a 10th-12th forward replacement ............he's a guy who can do that.

He has filled in nicely as a 4th line replacement/penalty killer. He's a depth player for the playoffs.

I can't believe how difficult this concept is for some Chowda. Some feel the 1st round label means you have to be a top 6 forward or a top pairing D man but that's simply not true.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Disagree.

[/QUOTE]

I can't believe how difficult this concept is for some Chowda. Some feel the 1st round label means you have to be a top 6 forward or a top pairing D man but that's simply not true.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry Dez & Chowda. I want the the kid to do well....at something, but he's not doing anything consisently on this team that I feel he belongs on it. I feel it's time to cut bait & give someone else a legit shot. Or move him & get someone who can. He's had his chances & he's not improving. Matter of fact he's caused more goals than he's created lately. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Disagree.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry Dez & Chowda. I want the the kid to do well....at something, but he's not doing anything consisently on this team that I feel he belongs on it. I feel it's time to cut bait & give someone else a legit shot. Or move him & get someone who can. He's had his chances & he's not improving. Matter of fact he's caused more goals than he's created lately. 

[/QUOTE]

Regardless of the fact that Caron is a 1st round pick, his ceiling has dropped to being an ineffective fourth line player who has neither an offensive spark to his game nor a sound defensive game. His 1pt & his being a minus player allude to both points. He's had his chance and when Thornton gets back he will assume his usual spot and Caron his up in the press box.I dare say old bad actor Shawn has more offensive instincts than Jordy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Disagree.

For me it has nothing to do with 1st rd label (nice assumption). I just feel he's not very good and certainly not good enough to be in the NHL. I'd rather see Cunningham who's a far better skater.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Although undersized, I though Warsofsky provided exactly what was required during Hamilton's absence. Zip the puck around on the PP and create a good first pass out of the defensive zone. He is a great luxury to have and a good compliment to Miller who is your spare "stay at home" defenseman. It is nice to be able to have mix and match replacements depending on who is hurt or what a particular game plan calls for. IMO, it is a testament to the way Chia developed depth and an organizational philosophy. If anyone here thought that Warsofsky or Miller would play and contribute to winning this year is either Nostradamus or a fool. Kudos to the front office on making sure the Providence players can simply be "plugged in".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Disagree.

Nite, I missed the last game so I'll have to assume Caron caused some goals against because I honestly can't think of any instances where Caron directly caused a goal against. He and Campbell have done a good job on the PK for the most part. I will agree that the line of Caron, Campbell, and Johnson was very innefective though.

Sections
Shortcuts