BRUINS RECALL MATT BARTKOWSKI ON EMERGENCY BASIS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

BRUINS RECALL MATT BARTKOWSKI ON EMERGENCY BASIS

http://www.providencebruins.com/View/PressReleases/1091

"Boston, MA - Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, March 22, that the club has recalled defenseman Matt Bartkowski from the Providence Bruins (AHL) on an emergency basis. Bartkowski will join the Boston Bruins in Toronto in advance of their game against the Maple Leafs on Saturday, March 23.

In 56 games for the Providence Bruins this year, Bartkowski has registered three goals and 21 assists for 24 points with 56 penalty minutes. The blueliner's 21 assists are ranked second among defensemen and fifth overall on the P-Bruins."

Someone else aching ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: BRUINS RECALL MATT BARTKOWSKI ON EMERGENCY BASIS

Boychuk got hurt at practice I read.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Yep....AJ and Bart on the back end? Not good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to DaveyN's comment:

They're playing the Marlies, er, uhm Leafs, they'll be ok. ;-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

komisarek looking better by the minute

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Again what has Johnson done to say the Bruins are in trouble when he is in the game ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Again what has Johnson done to say the Bruins are in trouble when he is in the game ?

I agree with you San. Johnson has been a reliable plug in. I don't mind his performance so far. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I'm fine with Johnson eating McQuaid's minutes but subtracting JB and his 20 mins a game and adding Bartkowski is not the best trade-off in the world. Someone is going to have to pick up the slack and if AJ were capable of top 4 minutes he would not be a spare part. This means the other regulars will be playing even more than they already are.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Bartkowski is certainly capable.........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:

Bartkowski is certainly capable.........

Well, let's hope CJ plays him more than the 6:07 he was getting during his call up last season....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Bartk is the CJ pick as a bigger reliable D, Krug might have been fun to see his skating, but his size is a big deterrent.

AJ has been very reliable, just wish he would headman it more, than looking to pass to his D partner all the time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm fine with Johnson eating McQuaid's minutes but subtracting JB and his 20 mins a game and adding Bartkowski is not the best trade-off in the world. Someone is going to have to pick up the slack and if AJ were capable of top 4 minutes he would not be a spare part. This means the other regulars will be playing even more than they already are.

Ok just checking because your were the that gave a thumbs up when I asked the 411 on Johnson. The pairings will be interesting for sure, hey throw Bartkowski on the PP he has 21 assists.

Why not ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE

Ok just checking because your were the that gave a thumbs up when I asked the 411 on Johnson. The pairings will be interesting for sure, hey throw Bartkowski on the PP he has 21 assists.

Why not ?

[/QUOTE]

Again, Johnson is a good 7th D man (better than most in this regard), no worries there. But, do not expect him to pull in Boychuk's minutes. I hope JB is back soon.

As for Bart, I agree, it will be nice to see what he can do, a year later and a year wiser...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Seriously, who pissed off God that this rash of injuries has suddenly struck?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Johnson doesn't get any respect.  There are a few reasons that I can think of.  He's been kicked around the NHL and AHL for his career.  He was drafted 12 years ago and has only played 287 NHL games.  Calgary had to include a 3rd round pick to go with him in order to acquire the 37 year old Steve Staois.  His name isn't flashy at all.  He spent the entire 2010-11 season in the AHL.  Lots of GMs don't have faith in this guy.

However, he's played okay for the B's this year.  Nothing to write home about, nothing to start threads about either. 

Now, onto Shutdown Bartkowski.  He's been awful every time I've seen him play in the AHL and the NHL.  The guy has needed a map to find the defensive zone.  Maybe that has changed, but I doubt it.

For those who missed Kirk's amazingly bad report, which shows the he is just completely making stuff up sometimes:

26. Matt Bartkowski, D—The other player acquired in the 2010 trade deadline deal that brought Dennis Seidenberg to Boston from Florida, the Ohio State University standout is at a crossroads this season. After impressing in his very first pro training camp and nearly making the opening night roster, the shutdown defender has not gone far in his development since. Although mobile and steady in his own end, there isn’t much in the way of offensive upside for the Pittsburgh native. With Adam McQuaid holding down a spot in the rotation but only now coming off a concussion suffered late last season, Bartkowski may get another chance, but his previous stints in Boston have been uneven at best.

Read it here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Seriously, who pissed off God that this rash of injuries has suddenly struck?

New Pope not a Bruins fan I guess...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

komisarek looking better by the minute

You need glasses.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I agree with you San. Johnson has been a reliable plug in. I don't mind his performance so far. 

I don't remember seeing him do anything to cause alarm vs the Sens, dez.  He didn't look out of place.  Also liked the way he stepped to Neil in that scrum with Lucic. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Luedeke gets paid to scout and write about hockey and you don't, this is why you don't like him. You say you've seen him just a few times but Luedeke has seen Bartkowski often so your claim is a farce becuase of bitterness.

You FLAIL FAIL FAIL on this one...again.

PS. I suppose all of Bartkowski's assists are made up as well ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You know what .... I really wanted to focus on Johnson against Ottawa because when he plays we don't notice him (and that's a good thing) , I wanted to notice him and what he does with the puck.  Besides in the 1st the ref getting in the way of one of his clear outs along the boards , because of the ref he had to swipe at the puck a 2nd time and absorb a hit from Neil . He did well , I would even say really well.  Simple. Can't ask for more.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL  NAS will not let that report die. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

You know what .... I really wanted to focus on Johnson against Ottawa because when he plays we don't notice him (and that's a good thing) , I wanted to notice him and what he does with the puck.  Besides in the 1st the ref getting in the way of one of his clear outs along the boards , because of the ref he had to swipe at the puck a 2nd time and absorb a hit from Neil . He did well , I would even say really well.  Simple. Can't ask for more.

Another attempt at being " the star " of the game ?

&&*($* refs !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Another attempt at being " the star " of the game ?

&&*($* refs !

Fn refs, that ref looked like me on the ice with his agility

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Luedeke gets paid to scout and write about hockey and you don't, this is why you don't like him. You say you've seen him just a few times but Luedeke has seen Bartkowski often so your claim is a farce becuase of bitterness.

You FLAIL FAIL FAIL on this one...again.

PS. I suppose all of Bartkowski's assists are made up as well ?

What are you talking about?  Your post is totally contradictory.  You defend Luedeke who calls Bartkowski a shutdown defender, but then say something about Bartkowski's offense totals.

Suggesting that Bartkowski is a shutdown defender is a total joke.  No, I have stated that I've seen him "just a few times".  I've seen him many times in the AHL and the NHL.  I've seen him in the preseason and the regular season in both leagues.  So, San, save your spin and your lies. 

The only place he's a shutdown defender is in Bizzaro World. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The only place he's a shutdown defender is in Bizzaro World. 

NAS, if he is so bad then why is he the callup? I have not seen him play since his 3 game stint with the B's last season so I am just wondering....

Sections
Shortcuts