Bruins recall Svedberg

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Bruins recall Svedberg

Calm down boys, nobody is hurt ,  it's very common for a team to have 3 goalies ready to go.

Good for Svedberg to be on the ice with NHLers, even if only at practice.  He's the Bruins future backup.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=671920

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Bruins recall Svedberg

Someone for Soderberg to hang out with too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

I knew about this days ago. I just thought no one cared since there was no discussion about it.

This move was probably something along the lines of "You can never have too many players", even at the goaltending position. It also gives Svedberg some valuable experience with the big club, even if it is only a practice stint.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

I knew about this days ago. I just thought no one cared since there was no discussion about it.

This move was probably something along the lines of "You can never have too many players", even at the goaltending position. It also gives Svedberg some valuable experience with the big club, even if it is only a practice stint.

They got anymore Krugs down there?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Besides Svedberg...aren't they also calling up a few others for the black aces ?   I thought this invitation was open to several farm team memembers, after playoffs were done ? I kept an eye on Providence on a blog site called stanleycupofchowder...it was mentioned there that svedberg was being called up as CJ said, you can always use an extra goalie for practices...but I also thought we might see the likes of Spooner or Knight or even Caron...anyone hear something ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

Besides Svedberg...aren't they also calling up a few others for the black aces ?   I thought this invitation was open to several farm team memembers, after playoffs were done ? I kept an eye on Providence on a blog site called stanleycupofchowder...it was mentioned there that svedberg was being called up as CJ said, you can always use an extra goalie for practices...but I also thought we might see the likes of Spooner or Knight or even Caron...anyone hear something ?

So far only Svedberg they have 3 extra forwards

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good point, question. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Knight has no NHL experience and Spooner has very minimal.  The B's have NHL experienced guys in the press box right now.  Not much chance either of them would see ice time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Knight has no NHL experience and Spooner has very minimal.  The B's have NHL experienced guys in the press box right now.  Not much chance either of them would see ice time.

Maybe this is why we haven't seen anyone reporting or even Chiarelli annoucing the so-called Black Aces. Correct NAS.  Upfront they have Soderberg, Daugevins and Pandolfo.  On D , Redden, Hamilton, Johnson.  Deep enough for me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

YES THEY DO .....Jamie Tardif, Carter Camper, Cunningham, Spooner ....we also have Sodergerg ready to step in ...but will CJ have the guts to bench PEV ??  Answer is no unless the B's lose the 1st 2 games ...but than it will be too late ...I just dont understand CJ sometimes ...PEV has done sweet f...all in the series but keeps playing ...If I would perform on my job like he does for the BRUINS ..my boss would have fired me a long time ago ...Is it just me or this guy is really useless ???  All I see from him is he skates around , not getting into traffic and not getting within 10ft from thhe net ...doesnt get involved, doesnt hit anyone and doesnt want to get hit ...WHY is he still in the line up ??????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

YES THEY DO .....Jamie Tardif, Carter Camper, Cunningham, Spooner ....we also have Sodergerg ready to step in ...but will CJ have the guts to bench PEV ??  Answer is no unless the B's lose the 1st 2 games ...but than it will be too late ...I just dont understand CJ sometimes ...PEV has done sweet f...all in the series but keeps playing ...If I would perform on my job like he does for the BRUINS ..my boss would have fired me a long time ago ...Is it just me or this guy is really useless ???  All I see from him is he skates around , not getting into traffic and not getting within 10ft from thhe net ...doesnt get involved, doesnt hit anyone and doesnt want to get hit ...WHY is he still in the line up ??????

Stanley, you really are crazy if you would play ANY of those names you mentioned ahead of Pevs. That third line will get going I bet... maybe it will be Kelly instead of Pevs, but they will get it together.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Stanley, you really are crazy if you would play ANY of those names you mentioned ahead of Pevs. That third line will get going I bet... maybe it will be Kelly instead of Pevs, but they will get it together.

I have to wonder why that line hasn't been able to click though. Last year they were easily one of, if not the best third lines in the league. The year before, basically the same players helped lead us to a cup with their play. This year, they really haven't contributed anything to the team. One could actually make the case that they are more of a liability to the team.

It just baffles me as to why they haven't produced after being so successful for these past 2 years. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Unfortunately no. At least not as of now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

_sigh_

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

I'm with you on this one been waiting for Peverly all season,and if people are going to use the excuse can't make changes now, i will say one name Krug he has turned out preatty good so far,and if anyone had suggested taking one of the regulars out to put him in,everyone would be freaking out.Oh i no he kills penalties,they got lots of guys for that,and Kelly ain't much better.Stanley we have to stop being so negative,they will be all over us like a fat kid on smarties.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Since you asked, I will try and explain it too you (not that you will pay any attention).

1) He is a very good penalty killer

2) He has one of the best faceoff win %, in the playoffs.

3) He has the versatility to play any position, on any line.

4) He has 1 more goal than Jagr, who cannot do any of the above.

5) He is tied with Seguin, for goals scored, and only has one less than Marchand.

Do you still not understand, why he is in the lineup?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Maybe this is why we haven't seen anyone reporting or even Chiarelli annoucing the so-called Black Aces. Correct NAS.  Upfront they have Soderberg, Daugevins and Pandolfo.  On D , Redden, Hamilton, Johnson.  Deep enough for me.

I belive ( please correct me if I'm wrong ), that NHL teams in the playoffs, give some of their young guns a taste of the big leagues, if their farm teams aren't playing in their Cup run.

I just haven't heard of anybody else coming up besides Svedberg. Fiesty goalie we got here. Old time goalie. He's not afraid to use his stick. Did Billy Smith cocah him some where ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Knight is not ready.  He only played in 10 regular season games w the AHL and is still very young.  He's small (but strong) and not overly creative.  I dont see him cracking the lineup.

I wouldnt expect anything more than what we've seen out of Caron if we call him up again.  I dont intend to rag on him, I just really dont see what he brings over Sods/Daug...

I love Spooner, but he isnt playing his best hockey right now.  He should be skating circles around people in Prov but wasnt in the Calder Cup playoffs.  I dont see him cracking the lineup right now.  I think he needs another offseason of stength/conditioning. 

Bourque, who I defended in the beginning of the season, you can forget about.  He looks mediocre even in the AHL.

If anyone is going to contribute, I'm thinking it would be Tardif.  He's big, strong and can shoot.  I dont think I'd put him in the lineup over, say, Daugavins, who I've liked.  I guess maybe Craig Cunningham as well.  He's smart/polished.

The Providence Bruins defenseman have already been picked through.  Bart and Krug are certainly the two best down there, and with all the depth they have at the blue line in Bos, I wouldnt expect someone like Cross/Exelby to have an impact in the Pens/Bruins series.

Personally, I think that we already found the players who are going to help us in 2013.  I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for another Krug.  He's one of a kind.

Of course, Robbins is an option if we need to goon up.  But I would hate to replace someone like Peverley, who has speed and a good faceoff %, with a second goon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Speed and faceoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I have to wonder why that line hasn't been able to click though. Last year they were easily one of, if not the best third lines in the league. The year before, basically the same players helped lead us to a cup with their play. This year, they really haven't contributed anything to the team. One could actually make the case that they are more of a liability to the team.

It just baffles me as to why they haven't produced after being so successful for these past 2 years. 

It certainly is bizarre.  They've been good on D, which can lead to O, but it hasnt.  They are good on the faceoffs, and have played with many different lineman.  Nothing can seem to get the offense going.  Its not like we havent tried.

I think they've been good defensively lately.  Winning faceoffs (which is going to be key vs Pitt, need to keep the puck off the shooters stick as often as possible), flying around, killing penalties, forechecking...

But it seems as if nothing can spark the O.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

The talk of bringing up anyone else in this playoffs is just ridiculous, least of all any Forward with very little NHL experience. Especially having them on the ice in the playoffs. Not a chance.... The NHL is a step up from the AHL and the Playoffs are a step up from the NHL regular season. Some of you seem to think that if a player isnt putting up points, then they are not performing or doing good. Outside lines 1 & 2, I dont expect much production. And if lines 3 & 4 chip in, then that is great. As long as someone is chipping in and we are winning, then that is all that matters. But I wouldnt keep Pevs or Kelly out of the line up for lack of production on the score sheet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Knight is not ready.  He only played in 10 regular season games w the AHL and is still very young.  He's small (but strong) and not overly creative.  I dont see him cracking the lineup.

I wouldnt expect anything more than what we've seen out of Caron if we call him up again.  I dont intend to rag on him, I just really dont see what he brings over Sods/Daug...

I love Spooner, but he isnt playing his best hockey right now.  He should be skating circles around people in Prov but wasnt in the Calder Cup playoffs.  I dont see him cracking the lineup right now.  I think he needs another offseason of stength/conditioning. 

Bourque, who I defended in the beginning of the season, you can forget about.  He looks mediocre even in the AHL.

If anyone is going to contribute, I'm thinking it would be Tardif.  He's big, strong and can shoot.  I dont think I'd put him in the lineup over, say, Daugavins, who I've liked.  I guess maybe Craig Cunningham as well.  He's smart/polished.

The Providence Bruins defenseman have already been picked through.  Bart and Krug are certainly the two best down there, and with all the depth they have at the blue line in Bos, I wouldnt expect someone like Cross/Exelby to have an impact in the Pens/Bruins series.

Personally, I think that we already found the players who are going to help us in 2013.  I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for another Krug.  He's one of a kind.

Of course, Robbins is an option if we need to goon up.  But I would hate to replace someone like Peverley, who has speed and a good faceoff %, with a second goon.

My point wasn't that the players called up were ever going to skate with the Buins ( that's why they are called the black aces), just to give them a feel of the big club...Never to take a roster spot on the Bruins...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Svedberg will be Tuukka' back up next year. Spooner will be riding with Kelly and Soderberg on the 3rd line in camp. The only other forward(s) I could see putting a wrench into things during camp are Camara and/or Khokhlachev.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

My point wasn't that the players called up were ever going to skate with the Buins ( that's why they are called the black aces), just to give them a feel of the big club...Never to take a roster spot on the Bruins...

I wasnt calling anyone out specifically, just stating a fact that some seem to think call ups are always gonna amount to something. Every now and then you get a diamond in the ruff, but its a crap shoot. That goes for all teams. I get the giving them a chance to experience the practicing with the team stuff, but actual roster spots, as was said, is out of the question.

Sections
Shortcuts