Bruins Recipe for Success

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Bruins Recipe for Success

1. Swap Horton and Seguin. Krejci plays well with Seguin, and Horton could be a better fit with Bergy.

2. Replace Pandolfo with a Clowe, Jagr or Hemsky. Give Peverley a chance with improvement on his wing:

3. Get a depth D or a puck moving D; Whitney could be an option.

Besides Caron and Bartowsky; no current roster player should be traded. I think a top 9 forward and D can be aquired without affecting the current roster, besides the above players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Bruins Recipe for Success

thank you for an intelligent post.  unfortunately, intelligent posts are ignored nowadays.

what people want to discuss is trading 2 1st or 2nd line Bruins for one 1st or second line player on some other team.

Because a good GM will make an offer the other GM can't refuse.

You want player 'A' - you get player 'A' by offeing as many assets as you can in order to get him.

This brilliant strategy works just as well in your life as well.  

You want that new car?  

Go down to the lot and offer above sticker price and you'll get it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I honestly think if they can get that 3rd line puzzle done the rest of the team will be ok other than a good dman added.

The shortened season is showing alot of strange things this year with alot of teams, some teams came out of the gate flying, then began to mellow off as others that were slow are turning it up a notch or 2. If you consider this one thing of, its all eastern conference games, no west coast swings to get away from it all for a break, it has a huge difference imo. so as i see it the 1st half surging teams burn out and likely the 2nd half teams that are surging now might burn out, just in time for the 1st half teams to be well ready for the playoffs. Crazy thinking i know but i have confidence in this team, cant get worse ( i hope)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Claude had the puzzle solution with Lucic/Peverly/Caron, but failed to stick with it. Seguin to replace Horton, could be a good move, plus Paille. Acquire a Clowe type to go with Bergie and Marchand; eliminate Pandolfo and Thornton. Replace Johnson with Krug; and give boychuck more time with Bartkowski filling in

Paille/Kreji/Seguin                                             Chara/Krug

Marchand/ Bergeron/ [ maybe clowe]               Seidenberg/Hamilton

Lucic/Peverly/ Caron                                         Ference/ Bartkowski [ Boychuck when ready]

anyone/Campbell/anyone

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to POWERSURGE's comment:

1. Swap Horton and Seguin. Krejci plays well with Seguin, and Horton could be a better fit with Bergy.

2. Replace Pandolfo with a Clowe, Jagr or Hemsky. Give Peverley a chance with improvement on his wing:

Besides Caron and Bartowsky; no current roster player should be traded. I think a top 9 forward and D can be aquired without affecting the current roster, besides the above players.

If Bruins could play on other side of ice once in a while  we wouldn't be talking about D !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

I think there's plenty of chemistry between Seguin and Krejci. Marchand though seems lost without Bergy.

This would balance our top 2 lines: Lucic(Size) Krecji (Playmaker) Seguin (Speed)

Marchand (Speed) Bergeron (Playmaker) Horton (Size)

This worked for our only win against Montreal!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

See what I mean?

Sensible post - buried.

Bruins not a playoff team and Seguin "average at best" right at the top.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

See what I mean?

Sensible post - buried.

It makes sense though BH. It's too easy to just agree with the OP and move on without saying much else but when some moron posts garbage then folks are likely to have lots to say.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

See what I mean?

Sensible post - buried.

It makes sense though BH. It's too easy to just agree with the OP and move on without saying much else but when some moron posts garbage then folks are likely to have lots to say.  

Like "Claude can't motivate his team," dez?  Man, you knew that one had to be coming sooner or later.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to POWERSURGE's comment:

swapping Horton and Seguin is easy, provided you can convince CJ....

the hard part is acquiring the players you suggest without giving anything up....

don't expect bargains in the next 72 hours....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Recipe Schmecipe

All this team needs to do is play with anger and get out of the f'n neutral zone and get after the puck with ballz out desperation and physical play - without that they are doomed

Juggle the lines all you want but it this team needs to get back to an identity

I wish somebody would bite a finger and do everybody a huge favor - startin to get real annoyed

Its not that complicated- if you disagree stop watching bruins hockey

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

We make even Buffalo look good... Khudo saves our bacon

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Are we ever gonna score a first period goal again... seems like forever!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Second 10 mins better than the first... but this team just can't seem to get their act together. Seems like even the simple things are tough for them now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

BFJ, go on the game thread....