Bruins Release Training Camp/Preseason Schedule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Bruins Release Training Camp/Preseason Schedule

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/bruins-announce-preseason-schedule-2013-14

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Bruins Release Training Camp/Preseason Schedule

Thursday, September 26 (Winnipeg, MB)
    -Boston Bruins at Winnipeg Jets (MTS Center, Winnipeg, MA 7:00 p.m. CT, 8:00 p.m. ET)

Red is going to be jumping for joy. I suspect a Jet jersey will be worn that night so she doesn't have to wear any beer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Saturday, September 21 (Detroit, MI)
    -Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI 7:00 p.m. ET)

Bruins getting their "travel on" this pre-season

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Thursday, September 26 (Winnipeg, MB)
    -Boston Bruins at Winnipeg Jets (MTS Center, Winnipeg, MA 7:00 p.m. CT, 8:00 p.m. ET)

Red is going to be jumping for joy. I suspect a Jet jersey will be worn that night so she doesn't have to wear any beer.

SWEET! TThey screwed me out of the game in Saskatoon last year because of the strike - I'll take the makeup game.

Have to start making my plans :) And decide if it's going to be the Hawerchuk sweater or not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Saturday, September 21 (Detroit, MI)
    -Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI 7:00 p.m. ET)

Bruins getting their "travel on" this pre-season

which i think is great. In my playing days I found that lengthy road trips at the beginning of a season helps big time. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I find it funny that as soon as I read the preseason schedule I immediately thought of someone that I don't even know.... and was very happy for her. Enjoy the game Red!!!

Now here's to hoping that Shupe and mini Shupe have a great time in Boston this summer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Looking forward for 2013-2014 season ....

My first predictions of the season :  BRUINS wil win the Cup ...what else is new

and Spooner will get 18 goals ! ! !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

Can't wait to see the kids down here in Baltimore on 9/17.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

which i think is great. In my playing days I found that lengthy road trips at the beginning of a season helps big time. 

I don't think you ever told us that you played pro.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I don't think you ever told us that you played pro.

i didn't. what about my post would lead you to believe i did. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not many lenghty road trips in high school or college to start a season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Not many lenghty road trips in high school or college to start a season.

junior and college have plenty of lengthy road trips

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

and the television schedule is... probably not televised.

Did they forget there was a strike and there are fans out there who haven't gotten their fix?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

and the television schedule is... probably not televised.

Did they forget there was a strike and there are fans out there who haven't gotten their fix?

TSN Jets carries all Jets preseason games so the 26th and 27th will be broadcast. It's a regional broadcaster only, but that means they'll likely be on Centre Ice, and if not they'll at least be streamed. I can post a link to a reliable stream for that channel closer to the games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No lengthy road trips to start any college season.  The players are also students and there are classes to attend in October.

So, you played in juniors?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

No lengthy road trips to start any college season.  The players are also students and there are classes to attend in October.

So, you played in juniors?

[/QUOTE]

yes. and for college students, starting off a season with two or three straight weekend trips that involve 7 hour bus rides, or plane trips, constitutes a lengthy trip. especially when it involves hotels and whatnot. Lots of time for bonding etc. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

yes. and for college students, starting off a season with two or three straight weekend trips that involve 7 hour bus rides, or plane trips, constitutes a lengthy trip. especially when it involves hotels and whatnot. Lots of time for bonding etc. 

Two or three straight weekends isn't a lenghty trip.  That doesn't even make sense.

I wasn't aware that you played juniors.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

Two or three straight weekends isn't a lenghty trip.  That doesn't even make sense.

I wasn't aware that you played juniors.

[/QUOTE]

and college. and the point i was making was starting the season spending a lot of your time traveling with your teammates can really help bring you together as a team, as opposed to starting at home where you aren't really required to get together until 3 hours before the game or so. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

and college. and the point i was making was starting the season spending a lot of your time traveling with your teammates can really help bring you together as a team, as opposed to starting at home where you aren't really required to get together until 3 hours before the game or so. 

My college playing days had week long road trips during the break between semesters.

Those were the days.  Drinking age of 18.  We took our paltry meal money, ate at Burger King and then went to the liquor store and got a keg.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh, you played in juniors and college.  Got it.

Yeah, I know the point you were making.  I just don't think you spent enough seasons making lengthy road trips and not making lengthy road trips to be able to tell the difference on a team.  How many years did you play juniors?

I agree that teams that make lenghty road trips to start a season can receive a boost in cohesiveness.  And while I did play HS and college, I am not speaking from experience.  I am speaking from watching and hearing about it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

Oh, you played in juniors and college.  Got it.

Yeah, I know the point you were making.  I just don't think you spent enough seasons making lengthy road trips and not making lengthy road trips to be able to tell the difference on a team.  How many years did you play juniors?

I agree that teams that make lenghty road trips to start a season can receive a boost in cohesiveness.  And while I did play HS and college, I am not speaking from experience.  I am speaking from watching and hearing about it.

[/QUOTE]

i played four years junior. and one of them, i joined a different team that played a much longer pre season tournament schedule. It was a lot of travel, and a lot of time with the teammates. it helped.