Bruins Scalpers/Tickets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bruins Scalpers/Tickets

Fellas,
    Looking for a little advice.  I am in Boston monday-thursday and have never bought tickets from a scalper.  I plan on taking in the Islander game and figure I may get a decent price.

Any idea where to go and what would the going rate for an Islander game with 2 games left in the season run a fella

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Bruins Scalpers/Tickets

go on Ace Tickets or StubHub before you buy on the street.
    If prices are crazy I will get you a number from one of those street scalpers you can call but wait till about 15-20mins before the game. You can get decent prices on loge tickets

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

thanks BsL,

stubhub still want a lot of cash for a freaking NYI game.  I will save my cash, hit a pub and watch it there if I cant get a decent rate...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

I went to the 7-0 game against montreal. This is how it went down.

My friend called me at around 3 and and said lets try to get tix for tonights game. We tried a local ticket place in the next town over, but they were sold out. We then decided to try our luck out at the garden. We picked up a scalper who was holding a "tickets" sign outside TD. He said "Its Bruins Habs bro, 200 a pop, thats the cheapest theyre going for right now." This was at about 4 PM give or take. We told the guy that wed think about it and call him back. We then decided to try the box office in the actual arena and couldnt believe our luck. They still had about 10 tickets left, albeit balcony seats, for 55 a pop. They were pretty much the same tix the guy was selling, for 1/4 the price.

Balcony 310 row 13. TD is a small arena so there is really no bad seat in the house.

Shupe, I would be careful when trying out scalpers. Always ask them if they are a cop. When talking to them, if the vibe doesnt really feel right, id walk away- you can get busted for it.

Try the box office about 2-3 hours before gametime, you could get lucky and score tix, albeit they will probably be balcs. But as i said before, there really isnt a bad seat in TD garden

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

TT,
    great part of that is I am a cop(RCMP).  Too funny.  Maybe I will show my badge to some scalper and take all his tickets.  Thats What I'm Talkin About.  I may try the Box Office.  What time do they open it up?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Scalpers/Tickets:
    [QUOTE]TT, great part of that is I am a cop(RCMP).  Too funny.  Maybe I will show my badge to some scalper and take all his tickets.  Thats What I'm Talkin About.  I may try the Box Office.  What time do they open it up?
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    I dont know exactly what time they open, but they were open at 4:30, 2 and a half hours before game time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Shup are you actually on a secret mission sent by Harper and the Hab contingents to extradite Z back to Montreal to face charges, for the murder of their hero the pacman or as he is known in the NHL the stantion man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No RCMP in Montreal.  Well there is but not a lot. 

Funny thing is a turned down working VIP with Harper.  So you may be on to something.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

RCMP... what numbers

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]RCMP... what numbers
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

As in badge number? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Scalpers/Tickets : As in badge number? 

as in scalpers

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

[QUOTE]TT, great part of that is I am a cop(RCMP).  Too funny.  Maybe I will show my badge to some scalper and take all his tickets.  Thats What I'm Talkin About.  I may try the Box Office.  What time do they open it up?

A little box office info from their site:

www.tdgarden.com/tickets/boxoffice.asp">http://www.tdgarden.com/tickets/boxoffice.asp

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Seriously how hard can it be to get NYI tickets on the last week of the season. 

Cant be that hard.  Go read my Torres/Cooke thread.  You made the coaching staff

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Just saying the best prices on tickets with games like against the Islanders are found 5 minutes into the game.  Yes look out for the Royal Boston "pain in the aazz" Mounted Police.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You can get balcony seats for $52/per on Stubhub right now.  Don't expect to do much better from a scalper.

Avoid AceTicket.  They are the highest price around.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Thanks fellas.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

try the ticket exchange shupe. $100+ but they are great loge seats and they are STH prices plus a fee. You can usually find good prices on craigslist also, thats where I sell my extras.  Better prices than stubhub anyways.

TTisO,  I had no idea you could get busted for BUYING tickets from someone, I always thought that selling tickets for more than face value was what was illegal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]try the ticket exchange shupe. $100+ but they are great loge seats and they are STH prices plus a fee. You can usually find good prices on craigslist also, thats where I sell my extras.  Better prices than stubhub anyways. TTisO,  I had no idea you could get busted for BUYING tickets from someone, I always thought that selling tickets for more than face value was what was illegal.
    Posted by Eric66[/QUOTE]
    I'm with you Eric66.I had no idea that it was illegal to be taken advantage of.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

lol, yeah I don't see how buying tickets could be illegal, but you never really know.  Although shupe says he's a cop, he should know right?  shupe?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]lol, yeah I don't see how buying tickets could be illegal, but you never really know.  Although shupe says he's a cop, he should know right?  shupe?
    Posted by Eric66[/QUOTE]

It is taking part in an illegal activity, therefore it is illegal in this case.

Unless it's a bigtime concert, the boys in blue rarely bother anyone.  If the game is sold out at the box office, it's not like the B's are going to complain that more people are coming into the building.  The scaplers hang out at the corner of Canal and Causeway, and sometimes just right on Causeway by the bronze Orr.

If you are going to deal with these guys, be sure to let them tell you the price they're looking to get.  Then walk away and go to a different guy. Then walk away from him and go to a different guy.  Then go back to the first guy, tell him the prices you heard (and lie), and then get a better deal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Screw the ticket.  Just barrel through the Garden employees like Raffi Torres

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Holla

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

The cops don't arrest people for ticket scalping anymore. They only do it if the stadium wants them to. I could go down to any Boston event and tell you exactly who the scalpers are - the cops don't care.

Plus, someone tell me the difference between scalpers and Ace Tickets, Stubhub or any of the other ticket "agencies". I don't see how it's any difference. Slapping a logo and a corporate name on it doesn't make it any different.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

no kidding, blame the existence of these legal scalpers(stubhub), as much as the owners for the ridiculous ticket prices. how is this legal? catching a scalper on the street is small time, compared to the pretty easy to find stub hub. they are the bain of sports fans and concert goers worlwide. we as the consumers, must find a way to combat this practice(online scalping)- perhaps organize one home game that NO ONE goes to, in order to protest these sites. playing in front of an empty building would open some eyes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Scalpers/Tickets : It is taking part in an illegal activity, therefore it is illegal in this case. Unless it's a bigtime concert, the boys in blue rarely bother anyone.  If the game is sold out at the box office, it's not like the B's are going to complain that more people are coming into the building.  The scaplers hang out at the corner of Canal and Causeway, and sometimes just right on Causeway by the bronze Orr. If you are going to deal with these guys, be sure to let them tell you the price they're looking to get.  Then walk away and go to a different guy. Then walk away from him and go to a different guy.  Then go back to the first guy, tell him the prices you heard (and lie), and then get a better deal.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

NAS - You live in an envelope.  ALL these guys work together!!! They are the same as Red Sox.  You aren't seeing different guys!
    Same guys, same neighborhood. By the time you come back to the first guy, you should of just spent the past 20 minutes negotiating with him.