Bruins Scalpers/Tickets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Bruins Scalpers/Tickets

In Response to Re: Bruins Scalpers/Tickets:
    [QUOTE]The cops don't arrest people for ticket scalping anymore. They only do it if the stadium wants them to. I could go down to any Boston event and tell you exactly who the scalpers are - the cops don't care. Plus, someone tell me the difference between scalpers and Ace Tickets, Stubhub or any of the other ticket "agencies". I don't see how it's any difference. Slapping a logo and a corporate name on it doesn't make it any different.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

StubHub and Ace pay taxes on the profit they make just the way the IRS likes it.
    Street scalpers .....  are like drug dealers. Cash in their pockets and don't pay State and Federal taxes.  
    Weed be legal also if the Gov't could get taxes from it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Scalpers/Tickets : NAS - You live in an envelope.  ALL these guys work together!!! They are the same as Red Sox.  You aren't seeing different guys! Same guys, same neighborhood. By the time you come back to the first guy, you should of just spent the past 20 minutes negotiating with him. 
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

LOL ... You got it " The Guy " I know has 4-5 working with him.  He also has a buisness car (wink wink ).

Shupe ,  enjoy the game !
    If I were you I'de save the good seats for the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldRaspy. Show OldRaspy's posts

There are plenty of STH selling on Ebay for this game too. More protection than Craigslist and they'll email the tickets to you right away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Bs...still doesn't change the fact that scalping is scalping, aka price gouging. illegal. stub hub and the sorts are adding to an already ridiculous ticket price. at least the guy on the street is having to work to get his $, and will negotiate- unlike these sites.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Scalpers/Tickets : StubHub and Ace pay taxes on the profit they make just the way the IRS likes it. Street scalpers .....  are like drug dealers. Cash in their pockets and don't pay State and Federal taxes.   Weed be legal also if the Gov't could get taxes from it.  
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

True, but from my vantage point - the one paying for a ticket - it's the same. The fact that the government is getting a cut for the "service" doesn't make it any different to me. To be honest, it's worse since the government is sanctioning the activity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Scalpers/Tickets : True, but from my vantage point - the one paying for a ticket - it's the same. The fact that the government is getting a cut for the "service" doesn't make it any different to me. To be honest, it's worse since the government is sanctioning the activity.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Just stating a fact. I agree with you and adk.
    Life's not fair , what can I say.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

everything is OK, as long as the gov't gets its cut of the loot. sorry for the politics, back to hockey...GO B'S

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Yeah, I realized I started ranting and cut my post by 4/5ths. I put scalpers right up there with theifs and identity thefts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

5 minutes after the game starts, offer below face value, if he says no, ask him if he wants some money or he wants to throw them in the garbage.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Buying from a scalper or on Criaglsist is super-risky now that printable "e-tickets" exist as a scalper can buy one pair and print a bunch of copies.

I stick to Stub hub and have noticed that on the day of the game, the prices tend to drop (online) as the day goes on so you can get some pretty good deals if you hold out. They have a pickup office around the cornder for the Garden also so you buy online and then shoot over and grab them before the gameThe same may be true of Ace Ticket, I have not used them however,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

I usually buy tickets from Stub Hub and never had any problems.  But there are lots of scalpers around the Garden.    

Funny story, I once came across this kid who was selling loge seats for only $30!  So of course I asked him why so cheap? He said, naively, "I know the players and they give me tickets all the time, so I get them for free." I said 'cool' and acted interested and asked him where he usually is before every game.  He said, "I'm across that side walk behind the wall so the cops don't see me." I thought now what if I was an undercover cop (that actually cared)? I wonder if the players even know that the complimentary tickets the Bruins gives them are given to people who sometimes scalp those tickets.  Or maybe they were bogus tickets and this is the story the kid uses...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Scalpers/Tickets : NAS - You live in an envelope.  ALL these guys work together!!! They are the same as Red Sox.  You aren't seeing different guys! Same guys, same neighborhood. By the time you come back to the first guy, you should of just spent the past 20 minutes negotiating with him. 
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

I've been buying scalped tickets at both venues for many years.  I know the groups.  Thanks.