Bruins Scoring Predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Bruins Scoring Predictions

Raining here today. I'm bored so I figured since one of these would get started at some point. Let's do a pts prediction for the top 10 players & then goaltending stats. The following is mine. I know I maybe being generous to some; but I'm going with best case scenerio's. PP is 22% & they finish as the best 5 on 5 team again.

DK- 25g- 70a= 95pts
    Bergeron- 22g- 63a= 85pts
    Horton- 30g- 43a= 73pts
    Lucic- 30g- 37a= 67pts
    Chara- 15g- 37= 52pts
    Marchand- 25g- 27a= 52pts
    Seguin- 20g- 22a= 42pts
    Peverley- 18g- 22a= 38 pts
    Corvo- 14g- 22a= 36 pts
    Kelly- 13g- 13a= 26 pts

Thomas- 50gp 35w- 15L- 15 SO-2.08 GAA -.935 SP
    Rask- 30gp 20w 10L- 3- SO- 2.29 GAA  .919 SP
    Khudobin- 2gp 1w- 1L 0- SO- 1.99 GAA .924 SP

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Bruins Scoring Predictions

Nite

Wow do you have high hopes for some of our guys.
    If DK gets 95 pts he could win the league scoring title.  And 25 goals?

DK- 15-40-55
    PB- 18-55-73
    NH- 27-25-52
    ML- 30-30-60
    ZC- 17-30-47
    BM- 25-20-45
    TS- 20-30-50
    Pev- 18-25-43
    JC- 15-30-45
    CK- 15-20-35

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Scoring Predictions:
    [QUOTE]Nite Wow do you have high hopes for some of our guys. If DK gets 95 pts he could win the league scoring title.  And 25 goals? DK- 15-40-55 PB- 18-55-73 NH- 27-25-52 ML- 30-30-60 ZC- 17-30-47 BM- 25-20-45 TS- 20-30-50 Pev- 18-25-43 JC- 15-30-45 CK- 15-20-35
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Well; I figured if he can get 22 goals & 72 pts playing as 3rd line Center in 08-09. Why not? He's older; better & a #1 center. Bergy I think has hit his prime & this will be his best season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Aim for the moon !!!   More pts the better... No predictions from me, just hope there are lot's of goals and asst's !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Scoring Predictions : Well; I figured if he can get 22 goals & 72 pts playing as 3rd line Center in 08-09. Why not? He's older; better & a #1 center. Bergy I think has hit his prime & this will be his best season.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Spot on with Bergie.  I think he will be our highest scoring fwd.  DK was absolutely outstanding in the playoffs.  I just don't see a natural goal scoring touch.  I would love to be wrong on all my totals.  I hope they score a lot.  I just think that isn't in the cards with a balanced top 9.  I see maybe (2) 30 goal guys and probably 5 maybe 6 20 goal guys.  Pouliot has goal scoring ability as well.  I say he could be our sleeper guy who notches 20.
    What a great looking young team though up front.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i predict marchand will outscore lucic.  i think he has a better shot at reaching 30.  i see lucic more as a 20-25 goal man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]i predict marchand will outscore lucic.  i think he has a better shot at reaching 30.  i see lucic more as a 20-25 goal man.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Well Lucic had a break through type of year so I am not saying he won't get 30+.  Marchand has more pure skill and the wheels to get there.  I think Marchand and Lucic both have to be 30 goal guys for us.  I see Marchand slumping more so than Lucic though. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Scoring Predictions : Spot on with Bergie.  I think he will be our highest scoring fwd.  DK was absolutely outstanding in the playoffs.  I just don't see a natural goal scoring touch.  I would love to be wrong on all my totals.  I hope they score a lot.  I just think that isn't in the cards with a balanced top 9.  I see maybe (2) 30 goal guys and probably 5 maybe 6 20 goal guys.  Pouliot has goal scoring ability as well.  I say he could be our sleeper guy who notches 20. What a great looking young team though up front.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I want to say he'll get 25 if he's on the 2nd line over Tyler. 15-20 if he's basically going to be switched back & forth between the 3rd & 4th. It'll depend on whether CJ gives the kid a short; or long leash.

I honestly think DK is going to hit his ceiling this year. I think he's got more to show & I'm hoping he shows it this year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

None of us will ever agree on all the numbers, but a great thread to pass the time. Here's my shot at it.

DK- 18g- 62a= 80pts
    Bergeron- 25g- 53a= 78pts
    Horton- 30g- 35a= 65pts
    Lucic- 35g- 37a= 72pts - If totally healthy
    Chara- 12g- 42= 54pts
    Marchand- 22g- 27a= 49pts
    Seguin- 17g- 25a= 42pts
    Peverley- 20g- 20a= 40 pts
    Corvo- 10g- 27a= 37 pts
    Kelly- 16g- 20a= 36 pts
    Pouliot will probably pull down "Ryder-Like" numbers, but I am hoping for more. 16g- 16a=32pts
    I always referred to Ryder as "fools gold". I think we have a less expensive version of this here...I REALLY hope I am wrong. Please remind me and I will proclaim my ignorance and beg forgiveness. :-)
    As far as our goalies go, I would expect about the career average for our goalies for save% and GAA.
    Bruins complete the season with 110 points.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Isn't it loverly, as the old song goes. Interesting predictions which show how well balanced Chiarelli has made this team. IMO Seguin will score more than your predictions because of the latent talent and increased ice time. He has the speed, the shot at full speed, the exceptionally good passing skill to open players, not opposing players as we saw with Slyder. This kid could be the "Bossy-like" sniper that has been missing from the Bruins. It would be a slightly different role, but with Bergeron and Marchnd the potential is there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Isn't it loverly, as the old song goes. Interesting predictions which show how well balanced Chiarelli has made this team. IMO Seguin will score more than your predictions because of the latent talent and increased ice time. He has the speed, the shot at full speed, the exceptionally good passing skill to open players, not opposing players as we saw with Slyder. This kid could be the "Bossy-like" sniper that has been missing from the Bruins. It would be a slightly different role, but with Bergeron and Marchnd the potential is there.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]i predict marchand will outscore lucic.  i think he has a better shot at reaching 30.  i see lucic more as a 20-25 goal man.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

And the maddness continues...

Why not see Lucic as a 30 goal guy?  He did, you know, just score 30 goals.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Bold prediction:

Bruin forwards will average 3.09 goals per game.
    Bruin defenseman will average 0.45 goals per game

For a total of 291 goals. Their goal differential will be at least 100, probably more.

I don't care who scores how many, as long as they score.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Bruins Scoring Predictions:
    [QUOTE]Raining here today. I'm bored so I figured since one of these would get started at some point. Let's do a pts prediction for the top 10 players & then goaltending stats. The following is mine. I know I maybe being generous to some; but I'm going with best case scenerio's. PP is 22% & they finish as the best 5 on 5 team again. DK- 25g- 70a= 95pts Bergeron- 22g- 63a= 85pts Horton- 30g- 43a= 73pts Lucic- 30g- 37a= 67pts Chara- 15g- 37= 52pts Marchand- 25g- 27a= 52pts Seguin- 20g- 22a= 42pts Peverley- 18g- 22a= 38 pts Corvo- 14g- 22a= 36 pts Kelly- 13g- 13a= 26 pts Thomas- 50gp 35w- 15L- 15 SO-2.08 GAA -.935 SP Rask- 30gp 20w 10L- 3- SO- 2.29 GAA  .919 SP Khudobin- 2gp 1w- 1L 0- SO- 1.99 GAA .924 SP

35 + 20 + 1 = 56 wins?  An increase of 10 from this season?  It's good to be optimistic coming off a Cup win, but what about the "Cup hangover"?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Scoring Predictions : And the maddness continues... Why not see Lucic as a 30 goal guy?  He did, you know, just score 30 goals.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

i don't know why.  i just think both horton and marchand will have more goals than lucic.  i hope he gets 30 again, but i think he will probably be closer to 25.  it was just my prediction.  i've never won the lottery, so forecasting numbers has never really been my thing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bruins Scoring Predictions : 35 + 20 + 1 = 56 wins?  An increase of 10 from this season?  It's good to be optimistic coming off a Cup win, but what about the "Cup hangover"?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

"Cup hangover"= Overrated & an excuse that teams use. The B's may have a sluggish start; but they'll come around!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Isn't it loverly, as the old song goes. Interesting predictions which show how well balanced Chiarelli has made this team. IMO Seguin will score more than your predictions because of the latent talent and increased ice time. He has the speed, the shot at full speed, the exceptionally good passing skill to open players, not opposing players as we saw with Slyder. This kid could be the "Bossy-like" sniper that has been missing from the Bruins. It would be a slightly different role, but with Bergeron and Marchnd the potential is there.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    I think TS will be a star in this league; but it'll happen after this season.  And Bogie? Bossy's release & hitting the target was none like I've ever seen. If Tyler becomes anything close to him? It would be something to see for sure!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Nite, I know what you mean with Bossy, and in watching Seguin he sems to have the same quickness and knows where his shot or pass should go. With all of the skill comparisons, that's the most interesting to me. Seguin 's passing, even when boxed in, always went to a Bruin. Many times it was Ryder who, unfortunately, often made subsequent mistakes. Bergeron and Marchand do not give away too many pucks so we should see more of Seguin's capabilities  if he plays with them regularly. I like Peverly, but Seguin seems much slicker, and Bossy seems like a good comparison.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Nite, I know what you mean with Bossy, and in watching Seguin he sems to have the same quickness and knows where his shot or pass should go. With all of the skill comparisons, that's the most interesting to me. Seguin 's passing, even when boxed in, always went to a Bruin. Many times it was Ryder who, unfortunately, often made subsequent mistakes. Bergeron and Marchand do not give away too many pucks so we should see more of Seguin's capabilities  if he plays with them regularly. I like Peverly, but Seguin seems much slicker, and Bossy seems like a good comparison.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    I honestly think that Pouliet should play with Bergy. The reason why I say this is simple. Confidence! If there's a leader on this Bruin's team that can bring Benoit around is Bergy. This isn't a make; or bust season for Tyler. This will most likely be Benoit's last season to show why he was drafted 4th overalll. Bergy will be the leader that Recchi was. Bergy speaks the language that Benoit does & he's not under the scrutiny that he was under in Montreal. If Pouliet can come anywhere near a 20-25 goal season it'll more than likely make up for some others that under achieve; or get injured. Not saying TS shouldn't play on the 2nd line. I just think that Benoit could be a nice fit if he can get his stuff together. I'd like for CJ to keep Benoit with PB for at least the 1st quarter.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Scoring Predictions : I honestly think that Pouliet should play with Bergy. The reason why I say this is simple. Confidence! If there's a leader on this Bruin's team that can bring Benoit around is Bergy. This isn't a make; or bust season for Tyler. This will most likely be Benoit's last season to show why he was drafted 4th overalll. Bergy will be the leader that Recchi was. Bergy speaks the language that Benoit does & he's not under the scrutiny that he was under in Montreal. If Pouliet can come anywhere near a 20-25 goal season it'll more than likely make up for some others that under achieve; or get injured. Not saying TS shouldn't play on the 2nd line. I just think that Benoit could be a nice fit if he can get his stuff together. I'd like for CJ to keep Benoit with PB for at least the 1st quarter.

He also failed in Minnesota and the AHL.  I hope he can get it right, but I don't expect much at all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Scoring Predictions : He also failed in Minnesota and the AHL.  I hope he can get it right, but I don't expect much at all.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Fair enough: but maybe he hated Lemaire? Not saying I'm expecting much either; this is more about hope!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

lucic will get over 30 goals if he gets 8 empty net goals again, hes a 20-25 goal scorer, horton will have 35, marchand will get 32, and the rest of the team varying from 15-28 goals

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Fun topic, I'll take a crack at it:

DK: 21-52-73
    PB: 23-46-69
    NH: 33-30-63
    TS: 25-32-57
    ML: 28-28-56
    BM: 27-25-52
    ZC: 13-33-46
    RP: 21-20-41
    CK: 11-22-33
    JC: 11-20-31 (Corvo)
    DS: 7-22-29
    BP: 12-14-26

I am bullish on Seguin to land the 2nd-line RW spot, and be a key contributor on the top PP unit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I am hoping the lines will get mixed up more than we expect, so my numbers are a bit different based on some odd-looking lines. Feel free to tell me I’m an idiot. I get it. Change is difficult.

Marchand-Krejci-Horton

Lucic-Bergeron-Pouliot

Kelly-Seguin-Peverly

Thornton-Campbell-Paille/Rookie

Chara-Corvo

Seids-Boychuck/Kampfer

Ference-McQuaid

GATOT
    Krejci215273
    Bergeron254570
    Horton343367
    Lucic293867