Bruins send qualifying contract offers to 10 of 11 restricted free agents

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bruins send qualifying contract offers to 10 of 11 restricted free agents

"The Boston Bruins have sent qualifying offers to 10 of their 11 restricted free agents: Torey Krug, Reilly Smith, Matt Bartkowski, Justin Florek, Zach Trotman, David Warsofsky, Matt Fraser, Craig Cunningham, Tommy Cross and Tyler Randell, according to general manager Peter Chiarelli.

The only RFA who hasn’t received one is Jordan Caron, who Chiarelli said the Bruins are attempting to trade.

Caron could still get a qualifying offer from Boston before Monday’s 5 p.m. deadline."

Tommy Cross LoL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnice0015. Show bnice0015's posts

Re: Bruins send qualifying contract offers to 10 of 11 restricted free agents

I'd trade him (Caron) for a bag of pucks!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"The Boston Bruins have sent qualifying offers to 10 of their 11 restricted free agents: Torey Krug, Reilly Smith, Matt Bartkowski, Justin Florek, Zach Trotman, David Warsofsky, Matt Fraser, Craig Cunningham, Tommy Cross and Tyler Randell, according to general manager Peter Chiarelli.

The only RFA who hasn’t received one is Jordan Caron, who Chiarelli said the Bruins are attempting to trade.

Caron could still get a qualifying offer from Boston before Monday’s 5 p.m. deadline."

Tommy Cross LoL

[/QUOTE]

why?  why? why? Is this some kind of evil plot to torment me?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Anguish is the only word I can use for the Cross signing.

I can't even begin to describe how I feel.

The guy is a total waste of a roster spot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it ain't about you.

Are you not entertained?!?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@NHLFREEAGENTS

"Boston Bruins end up tendering Jordan Caron a QO #NHL"

And with a stroke of a pen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to bnice0015's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd trade him (Caron) for a bag of pucks!!

[/QUOTE]

That's hilarious!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

How much ice time do you think Caron will see with the B's this coming season? Zip is my guess.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Caron eh? hmmm

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it ain't about you.

Are you not entertained?!?!

[/QUOTE]

Well, can you think of any other reason?  

Because it sure as heck has nothing to do with his lack of ability to play professional hockey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think they qualified him with hopes of trading him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think this applies to several... but the key is "HOPES!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think this applies to several... but the key is "HOPES!"

[/QUOTE]

The only hope there is imo is if a team like Fla who's 19 mil below the cap floor takes him. Maybe They'll take Kelly too!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

A QO to Caron... REALLY Peter?

That is all.

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm going to guess that he called all 29 other teams (yes, even the Habs on this character) and couldn't even squeeze a fourth round pick in return.

I bet if he were offered a fifth or sixth, he wouldn't take it simply because Caron was a first round pick and oh boy would that look bad.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

if I see Caron as a regular in Boston next season... well, I don't know if my loyalty is strong enough.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He shouldn't be qualified, Caron is simply awful.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm going to guess that he called all 29 other teams (yes, even the Habs on this character) and couldn't even squeeze a fourth round pick in return.

I bet if he were offered a fifth or sixth, he wouldn't take it simply because Caron was a first round pick and oh boy would that look bad.

[/QUOTE]

I'd GIVE a 7th rounder to any team willing to take Caron.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Frankly I'm surprised at how many of you are shocked that PC gave a qualifying offer to a 23 year old that has played 123 NHL games. Regardless of draft position or expectations, he's proven capable of a bottom 6 role in the NHL. Lots of posters saying they're fine with Florek in a 4th line role next year yet the consensus during the playoffs was that Caron was the better option. Caron isn't likely to be in Boston come opening night but don't be surprised if he's on another team's opening lineup.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Frankly I'm surprised at how many of you are shocked that PC gave a qualifying offer to a 23 year old that has played 123 NHL games. Regardless of draft position or expectations, he's proven capable of a bottom 6 role in the NHL. Lots of posters saying they're fine with Florek in a 4th line role next year yet the consensus during the playoffs was that Caron was the better option. Caron isn't likely to be in Boston come opening night but don't be surprised if he's on another team's opening lineup.

-Gerry Dee

[/QUOTE]

I think Caron needs a change of teams. Here he is the 1st round bust, on another team he may be a pleasant surprise on a third line.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

Caron isn't likely to be in Boston come opening night but don't be surprised if he's on another team's opening lineup.

-Gerry Dee

[/QUOTE]

There's always hope.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

-Gerry Dee

[/QUOTE]

No surprise.

I would have been disappointed if they didn't give him a qualifying offer. 

There are players with less credentials then Caron that were given qualifying offers through out the league.

Being able to have 50 players signed to contracts ? He's easily one of them. Why throw away an asset ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

You know I was just washing my mouth out with beer, being Canada Day and all, and I go to thinking:

What if PC doesn't offer Smith and Krug any other contract....just the qualifying offers for the upcoming season.

Cap crisis simply averted for the most part.....but at what cost?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:[QUOTE]

Frankly I'm surprised at how many of you are shocked that PC gave a qualifying offer to a 23 year old that has played 123 NHL games. Regardless of draft position or expectations, he's proven capable of a bottom 6 role in the NHL. Lots of posters saying they're fine with Florek in a 4th line role next year yet the consensus during the playoffs was that Caron was the better option. Caron isn't likely to be in Boston come opening night but don't be surprised if he's on another team's opening lineup. [/QUOTE]

I think Caron needs a change of teams. Here he is the 1st round bust, on another team he may be a pleasant surprise on a third line. [/QUOTE]

There's some teams in the NHL Caron could make.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

-Gerry Dee

[/QUOTE]

I'll agree he's proven capable of playing bottom 6 somewhere in the NHL, just not in Boston.   I'd much rather see Florek, Cunningham or Fraser on the 4th line as I think they're better players.

Sections
Shortcuts