Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Re: Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN!

In Response to Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN!:
    [QUOTE]If the Bruins have plans on keeping this MORON of a coach..just trade Tyler now and give him his freedom from this idiot...I feel bad for Seguin, I really do..all that talent going to waste player for a coach who wants to change him- make him a defensive stalwart, backchecking mucker and grinder.. I do think in a few years Seguin will want outtahere anyway..this system is suffocating for offensive players ..
    Posted by cactusTony[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you on this one. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I agree that CJ should be gone, I said about a million times, *good* nhl coach, but there are better and then there are the best.

I doubt Tyler will want out, I would bet that CJ will be gone first.

A first round ejection for sure will get CJ fired.
    A second round ejection and CJ is on the endangered species list.

They've been bounced in the second round twice under CJ.

With arguably the best team that CJ has ever had I think there is a reasonable expecation that he take this group to the conference finals.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN!:
    [QUOTE]I agree that CJ should be gone, I said about a million times, *good* nhl coach, but there are better and then there are the best. I doubt Tyler will want out, I would bet that CJ will be gone first. A first round ejection for sure will get CJ fired. A second round ejection and CJ is on the endangered species list. They've been bounced in the second round twice under CJ. With arguably the best team that CJ has ever had I think there is a reasonable expecation that he take this group to the conference finals.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

there is something to be said about this style being suffocating to offensive players. with wheeler playing better offensively then he ever did here and peverley not looking like the player he was in Atlanta. it makes me wonder what type of numbers a player like krecji could put if he played in a open north south, carry the puck into the offensive zone type offense? i dont know just a thought and the only way julian keeps his job is if he gets this team to the conference finals anything less and its bye bye coach.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN! : there is something to be said about this style being suffocating to offensive players. with wheeler playing better offensively then he ever did here and peverley not looking like the player he was in Atlanta. it makes me wonder what type of numbers a player like krecji could put if he played in a open north south, carry the puck into the offensive zone type offense? i dont know just a thought and the only way julian keeps his job is if he gets this team to the conference finals anything less and its bye bye coach.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

The really weird thing is a few games back when we saw Ryder pulled, the pp got more dynamic and a timely time out called CJ had me thinking he finally gained some flexibility and could change the game plan halfway thru the game.

Now we're back to the same old same old.

It's not "the system" per se, it's a system that has won more than one cup in the past.  The problem is CJ, he can't adjust.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I don't have too much problems with the system.  I have a problem with the decisions at times and the lack of adjustements during the game.  There is no safe lead in this league no more.  Sitting back is just a bad idea no matter what is the situation or the lead!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

hes trying to turn him into pavel datsyuk, not phil kessel, i would prefer datsyuk

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Anything less than a Cup final and Julian is gone anyhow, which means he should start packing his bags.

n Response to Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN!:
    [QUOTE]If the Bruins have plans on keeping this MORON of a coach..just trade Tyler now and give him his freedom from this idiot...I feel bad for Seguin, I really do..all that talent going to waste player for a coach who wants to change him- make him a defensive stalwart, backchecking mucker and grinder.. I do think in a few years Seguin will want outtahere anyway..this system is suffocating for offensive players ..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]hes trying to turn him into pavel datsyuk, not phil kessel, i would prefer datsyuk
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

Good Call!!! I agree

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]the "style" of play..does not seem to encourage players strengths, rather , a discipline of a system which restricts offensive creativity.

I guess you care about individual stats instead of winning??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

I have said it before: Julien is a coach who will get some results, but he is also full of flaws. He cannot or doesn't want to adjust if his system doesn't work, he will roll out 4 lines no matter what the situation calls for, he will play veterans over young players (or favor his all-time favorite player, Michael Ryder). All in all this is no recipe for a serious cup run (as we all could see last year), and we all know it; but some of us will go with statements like "they are 6th in the league in scoring", "we were only one goal shy of the conference finals", etc.
    As long as there are people who are obviously content with the status quo - the B's teasing, but never delivering the cup - there will be no coaching change in Boston, at least for the next two seasons (that's the remainder of Julien's contract). This organization showed its intentions by not firing Julien after the Flyers series. Where's the accountability? Ryder gets away with coasting for about 8 out of 10 games, the PP coach gets away with "designing" the most predictable power play in NHL history & the head coach gets away with making stupid faces instead of adjustments to his team's tactics when things don't go according to plan. Do you really think they will fire Julien if the B's won't make it to the Conference finals?
    BTW: I remember reading an article about the Bruins in the mid90s where the author alleged that Bruins fans were afraid of the B's trading away the rights to draft Joe Thornton and Sergei Samsonov for a couple of worthless grinders. Isn't that exactly how it turned out? Then they got Phil Kessel, with a lot of offensive upside but also a lot of work to do on his (virtually non-existent) defensive game, and Julien drove him out of town (not that I want him back, I'm merely stating a fact); now there's Tyler Seguin, a rough diamond who will certainly receive some interesting offer sheets once he becomes a RFA.
    I'm old enough to remember the last Bruins team that won the Stanley Cup, and I think Julien would have benched Bobby Orr because #4 was too offensive-minded for Julien's "system"...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Love Mr. Hulot's Bobby Orr comment. There have been a number of threads about poor contracts, it now shows that Julien's multi-year extension is the worst. Seguin , an elite talent is smothered and limited by Julien's 'system"; Kaberle, Chiarelli's dream, cannot adjust well to Julien's 'zone system"; The team is repeatedly lethargic; Julien rarely manages the game if ever; Chiarelli agrees to provide Bergeron with more offensive talent and he is paired with Marchand, who tries hard, and Recchi who is declining so badly that Bergie spends most of his time covering for REX. Kamfer emerges as a potentially quality and speedy D man- he makes some rookie mistakes and Julien staples him to the bench, and now replaces him with Hnidy. My reaction is Ah Sh..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

ill have to see this team get by the second round before i believe they even can... this is not an elite team... its an ok team with a goaltender that bails them out alot... when he is not "great"  this team is less than ok...

we muck to score goals no individual sick scoring talent...  in the playoffs..those are the kinds of plays/talent that are needed to win series..

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

People make these statements about CJ without anything to back it up.  Young players (Kessel, Krejci, Lucic, Marchand) have developed and thrived under him.  Older players have come here and scored as much or more as they did before (Savard, Chara, Ryder, Recchi, Horton) while developing better defensive skills.  The Bruins have scored at a very high rate under him (2nd, 5th in league offence).  Players to not thrive when they leave his management, Kessel scores less with 5 minutes more ice time per game.  You can point to Wheeler, but that has only to do with him being a 3rd or 4th liner here and a 1st liner in Atlanta, just as Peverley has had to go from 1st line to 3rd.  No, none of the negative comments about Julien on here have any validity.  If you think man-to-man D is better than zone, that's fine, though all the top defensive teams play zone (Boston, Pittsburgh, Detroit).  If you think he should give more playing time to stars and less to fourth liners, I understand that even if I may not agree.  If you think Segin should be on the power play, i would like to see that now too, though he was terrible on the pp earlier in the year.  But there is absolutely no basis to say he is bad for young players, that players are unproductive under him, or that he holds back the offence.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

I could be and probably am wrong, but they seem like they are all afraid to have the puck, except a few.  The pp is horrible, it reminds me of the 80's when the sole goal was to get the puck back to Bourque.  No one moves, no creativity, nothing down low.  Oh well.
    The game has changed, it's all about speed and creativity.  However, the basics still hold true.  If you backcheck and forecheck, you should win or at least compete.  I like Sequin just for his speed alone.  I thought the Peverly, Sequin, Kelly line was nice.  Guess it wasn't good enough.
    If they get bumped anywhere short of the conference finals, I think it's time for a change.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN! : wow 6th!  typical bruins sheep -- were number 6 were number 6  yeeyyyy yeeeyyy   maybe if we had a real coach we'd be #1 but as bruins sheep have been lulled into accepting second best as some kind of prize, we'll we almost made the playoffs or well we almost won
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE]
    Your grammar has made your post difficult to understand.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

Besides the moronic comments in this thread about Sequin being an elite talent and trading him to another team will somehow unleash his offensive talent obviously hasn't been watching him or knows nothing about hockey. Yes, the talent is there but in no way shape or form would his numbers INCREASE if he was allowed to be on the first or second line. He hasn't hit 10 goals on the 3rd line playing against 3rd line players and he has YET to show anyone he is even close to being responsible in his own end. Yes, flashes of brilliance are nice but he's learning. A 19 year old boy who is playing with MEN! He has not ONCE blown anyone away one on one and he has coughed up the puck HUNDREDS of times on the blue line or just simply pushed off the puck almost every time he gets in the corner. As for Julien, yes we would all love to see an offensive minded team and a new game plan but really who is gonna put the puck in the net? Really? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I will say this again, Seguin is not ready for the NHL (edit - not ready for a Stanley Cup contending team). That doesn't mean he's a bust or that the Bs need to trade him, he just needs some time to develop and up his conditioning.

I know, he's great 1 on 2 or 1 on 1 but the kid does not understand the system and looks lost without the puck. The coach isn't going to change his system because one player has only played man to man, he's going to teach him the system but it takes time. I think the kid has a huge amount of talent but I'm not seeing him skate the way he should and I see him lost on a lot of shifts. Case and point was the 3 on 3 with Peverley coming down the left side, Seguin inexplicably stole the puck from Peverley when Peverley was on the door step. He's not a bust, he's just not ready to be an all around player yet. Unlike Kessel, he wants to learn and work hard.

If you're a negative +/- and you're almost never playing against the team's top line, that's a problem. (only other regular that is a neg +/- is Ryder - second worst defensive forward on the Bs).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Besides the moronic comments in this thread about Sequin being an elite talent and trading him to another team will somehow unleash his offensive talent obviously hasn't been watching him or knows nothing about hockey. Yes, the talent is there but in no way shape or form would his numbers INCREASE if he was allowed to be on the first or second line. He hasn't hit 10 goals on the 3rd line playing against 3rd line players and he has YET to show anyone he is even close to being responsible in his own end. Yes, flashes of brilliance are nice but he's learning. A 19 year old boy who is playing with MEN! He has not ONCE blown anyone away one on one and he has coughed up the puck HUNDREDS of times on the blue line or just simply pushed off the puck almost every time he gets in the corner. As for Julien, yes we would all love to see an offensive minded team and a new game plan but really who is gonna put the puck in the net? Really? 
    Posted by dogmonsta[/QUOTE]
    Let's deal wth the inaccuracies of your post.First off,seguin already has 11 goals so obviously he has reached 10 goals.Secondly,the official NHL stats has him turning the puck over 22 times in 72 games(Savard had 18 in 25 games as a comparable measure).That's quite a bit lower than the "hundreds" of turnovers you claim to be seeing.I mean,I know your exaggerating but let's at least stay within reason.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Offense sells tickets, and Defense wins Championships. 
    We're stuck with him for now, so lets think positive thoughts, and hold hands and sing kum-by-ya.......as they kick the schabs butts out of the playoffs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN! : wow 6th!  typical bruins sheep -- were number 6 were number 6  yeeyyyy yeeeyyy   maybe if we had a real coach we'd be #1 but as bruins sheep have been lulled into accepting second best as some kind of prize, we'll we almost made the playoffs or well we almost won
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE]

If your looking for something to complain about, go to the sox board. We are getting ready for the playoffs

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN! : there is something to be said about this style being suffocating to offensive players. with wheeler playing better offensively then he ever did here and peverley not looking like the player he was in Atlanta. it makes me wonder what type of numbers a player like krecji could put if he played in a open north south, carry the puck into the offensive zone type offense? i dont know just a thought and the only way julian keeps his job is if he gets this team to the conference finals anything less and its bye bye coach.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]
    Exactly, that sort of play got the Thrashers into the playoffs. Oh wait, no it didnt. If the B's didnt play a defensive minded game, they would leave the Goalies hang out to dry more than they do now. But Ya, it would be more exciting.

Sections
Shortcuts