Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN!

In Response to Re: Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN!:
    [QUOTE]Besides the moronic comments in this thread about Sequin being an elite talent and trading him to another team will somehow unleash his offensive talent obviously hasn't been watching him or knows nothing about hockey. Yes, the talent is there but in no way shape or form would his numbers INCREASE if he was allowed to be on the first or second line. He hasn't hit 10 goals on the 3rd line playing against 3rd line players and he has YET to show anyone he is even close to being responsible in his own end. Yes, flashes of brilliance are nice but he's learning. A 19 year old boy who is playing with MEN! He has not ONCE blown anyone away one on one and he has coughed up the puck HUNDREDS of times on the blue line or just simply pushed off the puck almost every time he gets in the corner. As for Julien, yes we would all love to see an offensive minded team and a new game plan but really who is gonna put the puck in the net? Really? 
    Posted by dogmonsta[/QUOTE]

pretty sure he has 11 goals there buddy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

cry more.

f-in babies.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The same people that complain about Seguin not playing enough are the ones who complain about the coaching not being good enough.  Ironically, if Tyler was played more, the Bruins would have won less because his play was poor for much of the year.  So people are requesting something that would have made the team worse and the complainers would be even more unhappy with the coach.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The same people that complain about Seguin not playing enough are the ones who complain about the coaching not being good enough.  Ironically, if Tyler was played more, the Bruins would have won less because his play was poor for much of the year.  So people are requesting something that would have made the team worse and the complainers would be even more unhappy with the coach.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    My issue is whether the team loses as a result poor D or a lack of offense.For example,if the team is losing 6-5 games in the playoffs,it would be team D(and  not Seguin)that the lineup needs.If the team is losing games 2-1 and 3-2,then it would seem a guy with Seguin's offensive skill-set could be used ahead of guys like Paille and Thornton.I can't stress enough,whatever lineup wins games is fine by me!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I'm of two minds here.  I want Boston to either win it all, or get eliminated in the first round

I want one extreme or the other.  Because anything in between would be just enough for management to feel they could justify keeping Julien, which would pretty much doom us to playoff mediocrity for another year or or....or three

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Since I have yet to see CJ coach a team capable of winning the cup, I have no reason to think that his coaching would stop a team from winning the cup.  The current Bruins are in the mix, I'm curious to see how it turns out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

More than likely this team will play the same way in the playoffs as they did in the regular season. Just makes sense, right ?  If that's the case than expect the B's to play inconsistently through any given round. Eventually (1st round, 2nd round, Finals...) this inconsistency will catch up with them, they will get bouned, CJ will be fired and we will all question why CJ was not fired during the regular season.
    Hope I'm wrong but this is a very likely scenario.
    As far as Seguin goes, he NEVER looked happy or comfortable at any point this season. Sure there was the occasional smile but, for the most part, his body language, his expressions....looked to me like he was miserable.
    My hope is that this kid will hit the weights this summer and thrive under a new coach next season.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=dcb40d15a9a9ceddb84ba09192c170ac&plckUserId=dcb40d15a9a9ceddb84ba09192c170ac" target="_parent">dogmonsta

Are you telling me that if Seguin played on the powerplay and played 5 more minutes a game he would not have more points??? R u Ok...He has primarily played on D first checking line with very limited ability to take chances. Just take a look at his shoot out goals and you can see the talent oozing out of this kids.. Drop him in Edmonton or anyone of these other dogs and he has 20 goals.  Julien will be gone after the Bs get knocked out in the 2nd round.   A lesson will be learned here by Bs management. I know that they know this, but have no other choice other than letting Julien run its course. The train is coming and the Bs cant get out of the way..  under the hot lamp julien melt. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Wow ! Wonder what everyone would be saying if the Bruins weren't in a position to win it all ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

so sad, THIS TEAM, not last years, not 20 years ago, not 30 years ago, THIS YEARS TEAM, is battling for 2nd overall spot in the conference! the playoffs haven't even started, but somehow the bruins should have the cup won already. stop living in the past. this is 2011- not 2008,2009,1988........for those of you who complain about the coaching- you were probally the kids who sat the bench or were cut from the team. always blame the coach. never could accept the fact YOU were not good enough. always blame the coach. fact is the players play the game, julien/chia/jacobs/neely none of them will touch the puck once during the playoffs. if these guys assembled a team that is competing for best in their conference, they have done a great job. how could it possibly be a stretch to think this team has a great chance to win the cup? oh yeah, i forgot, because they didn't win it all LAST YEAR. that makes sense

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]I'm of two minds here.  I want Boston to either win it all, or get eliminated in the first round I want one extreme or the other.  Because anything in between would be just enough for management to feel they could justify keeping Julien, which would pretty much doom us to playoff mediocrity for another year or or....or three
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

Make no mistake,A 1st or 2nd round exit and Chia,Claude and Ryder are looking for work next season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]so sad, THIS TEAM, not last years, not 20 years ago, not 30 years ago, THIS YEARS TEAM, is battling for 2nd overall spot in the conference! the playoffs haven't even started, but somehow the bruins should have the cup won already. stop living in the past. this is 2011- not 2008,2009,1988........for those of you who complain about the coaching- you were probally the kids who sat the bench or were cut from the team. always blame the coach. never could accept the fact YOU were not good enough. always blame the coach. fact is the players play the game, julien/chia/jacobs/neely none of them will touch the puck once during the playoffs. if these guys assembled a team that is competing for best in their conference, they have done a great job. how could it possibly be a stretch to think this team has a great chance to win the cup? oh yeah, i forgot, because they didn't win it all LAST YEAR. that makes sense
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    Yeah,I'm with you on this thought process ADK.It seems that,regardless of the fact Boston will open the playoffs with 9 different players,most Bruins fans already assume failure.After so many years of futility I understand the doubts creeping in.As far as CJ goes,I think it's on him if the team fails in the playoffs.The goaltending and D are in place along with 4 lines that can contribute.All that's left is to implement a system that works with the current personnel.Sounds easy enough when I say it but..........oh well,I still think this year's team has a better shot than any in recent memory.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

ABK, you are the most blind faith follower going.  I know by your comments on here that you certainly never played this game at a high level.  And no, i was never cut or have hard feelings in that situation you speak of.  What I do have is a set of eyes and a hockey brain, can see the game, not just the jersey color.  Those coaches and front office ppl you speak of are setting the style of play, who plays when, and how the team is ultimately assembled.  Claude system does not work in the playoffs, here, Montreal, Jersey, AHL, Juniors, anywhere.  This regime gets so excited over 4th line scoring, but that doesn't win cups, it's first line and PP scoring.  This team is good, not great.  They could certainly win a few rounds, but they could also get bumped by any of the teams ranked below them.

how many times do we need to replay the same story until you get on board and recognize it's time for a change?  Would that be 4 game 7 losses in a row, 10, 15?  Or as long as we make the second round, muck the play around, grind things out, and play all defense, you're happy?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]The same people that complain about Seguin not playing enough are the ones who complain about the coaching not being good enough.  Ironically, if Tyler was played more, the Bruins would have won less because his play was poor for much of the year.  So people are requesting something that would have made the team worse and the complainers would be even more unhappy with the coach.

TOTALLY AGREE, but YOU forgot to include RASK in with this group. Anyway, Seguin is learning the game, so I dont worry too much about his play. What I am concerned with is everyone doing exactly what was stated above. Only in the past month has Seguin shown more life and that has come with being able to play on the powerplay, but His minutes all year have been right where they should be. A second pick overall, should be able to step up every now and then and take the Bull by the horns. Seguin hasnt done that once this year. You will all say, its because he is stuck with the 3rd and 4th liners or he is being mismanaged and yes that could play a factor, but he hasnt impressed me with being able to beat anyone with his individual play, like a Crosby or Malkin. Those two players were studs, the second they hit the ice in their rookie season and still are. Maybe Seguin will get there one day, but he will have to work on his skating (foot Work) first.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

This is a false argument as there is nothing to suggest that Seguins play has cost them a game this year.

Besides, if you use this logic then Savard should have been benched a number of times as he cost the B's a few games with some of his idiotic blind passes. Recchi has been responsible for a few costly errors as has Bergeron. It happens to everyone so why not let the rookie experience it.....

Look, I am not saying Seguin should have been on the top line all year like he might have if he were drafted by a lesser team. But do not use the old "oh he might do something that will hurt us" scenario because it is flawed...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN! : This is a false argument as there is nothing to suggest that Seguins play has cost them a game this year.   Besides, if you use this logic then Savard should have been benched a number of times as he cost the B's a few games with some of his idiotic blind passes. Recchi has been responsible for a few costly errors as has Bergeron. It happens to everyone so why not let the rookie experience it..... Look, I am not saying Seguin should have been on the top line all year like he might have if he were drafted by a lesser team. But do not use the old "oh he might do something that will hurt us" scenario because it is flawed...
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely right JM.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

There are no 1st or second overal players in recent times that have come in and taken the bull by the horns their first season after being drafted.  Stamkos was similar to Seguin.  Malkin played 2 full years in the KHL after being drafted.  Ovie 1 and was almost a year older when he was drafted.  Taveres no.  The only exception is Crosby, and that's unfair because he is a once in a generation player.  Seguin needs to work on his positioning, strength and intensity, but his path has been similar to most other good players, except that he is playing on a very good team.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN! : TOTALLY AGREE, but YOU forgot to include RASK in with this group. Anyway, Seguin is learning the game, so I dont worry too much about his play. What I am concerned with is everyone doing exactly what was stated above. Only in the past month has Seguin shown more life and that has come with being able to play on the powerplay, but His minutes all year have been right where they should be. A second pick overall, should be able to step up every now and then and take the Bull by the horns. Seguin hasnt done that once this year. You will all say, its because he is stuck with the 3rd and 4th liners or he is being mismanaged and yes that could play a factor, but he hasnt impressed me with being able to beat anyone with his individual play, like a Crosby or Malkin. Those two players were studs, the second they hit the ice in their rookie season and still are. Maybe Seguin will get there one day, but he will have to work on his skating (foot Work) first.
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If you watched him play there is plenty to suggest Seguin was costing the Bruins games.  He would have cost them more if he played more.  An anecdotal example is the game against the oilers.  Seguin played 10 minutes, -1.  Hall , who is similarly skilled and similarly undeveloped defensively, played 20, -2.  Bruins win by one goal.  It's not as simple as that, but if you watched the games and didn't think Seguin was the worst forward on the team (in play, not talent), I don't know what to tell you.  Savard did cost the team, he was terrible.  While he was in the lineup the team was fighting for the last playoff spot.  But they played him because it's quicker to rehab a number one center than to groom a new one.  The argument that Tyler would do something to hurt the Bruins is not flawed, he was hurting the Bruins almost every shift.  I'm a big fan of TS, but his game was extremely sloppy for most of the year.  If he was played like he would have been on a lesser team, the Bruins would have played like a lesser team.  There is little room for error in today's NHL.  A few more losses and the Bruins are looking up at the Canadiens, not the other way around.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN! : This is a false argument as there is nothing to suggest that Seguins play has cost them a game this year.   Besides, if you use this logic then Savard should have been benched a number of times as he cost the B's a few games with some of his idiotic blind passes. Recchi has been responsible for a few costly errors as has Bergeron. It happens to everyone so why not let the rookie experience it..... Look, I am not saying Seguin should have been on the top line all year like he might have if he were drafted by a lesser team. But do not use the old "oh he might do something that will hurt us" scenario because it is flawed...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]If you watched him play there is plenty to suggest Seguin was costing the Bruins games.  He would have cost them more if he played more.  An anecdotal example is the game against the oilers.  Seguin played 10 minutes, -1.  Hall , who is similarly skilled and similarly undeveloped defensively, played 20, -2.  Bruins win by one goal.  It's not as simple as that, but if you watched the games and didn't think Seguin was the worst forward on the team (in play, not talent), I don't know what to tell you.  Savard did cost the team, he was terrible.  While he was in the lineup the team was fighting for the last playoff spot.  But they played him because it's quicker to rehab a number one center than to groom a new one.  The argument that Tyler would do something to hurt the Bruins is not flawed, he was hurting the Bruins almost every shift.  I'm a big fan of TS, but his game was extremely sloppy for most of the year.  If he was played like he would have been on a lesser team, the Bruins would have played like a lesser team.  There is little room for error in today's NHL.  A few more losses and the Bruins are looking up at the Canadiens, not the other way around. In Response to Re: Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN! :

Seguin should have been given every opportunity to get back onto the power play but he wasn't. Bad coaching. He would have been better than what they had. Fact.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]If you watched him play there is plenty to suggest Seguin was costing the Bruins games.  He would have cost them more if he played more.  An anecdotal example is the game against the oilers.  Seguin played 10 minutes, -1.  Hall , who is similarly skilled and similarly undeveloped defensively, played 20, -2.  Bruins win by one goal.  It's not as simple as that, but if you watched the games and didn't think Seguin was the worst forward on the team (in play, not talent), I don't know what to tell you.  Savard did cost the team, he was terrible.  While he was in the lineup the team was fighting for the last playoff spot.  But they played him because it's quicker to rehab a number one center than to groom a new one.  The argument that Tyler would do something to hurt the Bruins is not flawed, he was hurting the Bruins almost every shift.  I'm a big fan of TS, but his game was extremely sloppy for most of the year.  If he was played like he would have been on a lesser team, the Bruins would have played like a lesser team.  There is little room for error in today's NHL.  A few more losses and the Bruins are looking up at the Canadiens, not the other way around. In Response to Re: Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN! :

I did watch him play and yes he looked timid and uncomfortable at times but never did he do anything to actually cost his team a game....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

bigbadbruinfan... at no time have i ever proclaimed clode as being anything but a very good coach(he's no savior), i never said the bruins will win the cup(i hope they will). but what separates me from all of you is that i don't blame the coach after every loss. EVERY LOSS. BLAME THE COACH. now the b's haven't even played a playoff game, and you all are bracing for a collapse. i prefer to hope they will win. it seems to me you all WANT the bruins to lose, BECAUSE you hate julien. it will justify your hours of rants on the topic. do you really want the b's to win?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Clearly you don't know what the definition of fact is.  What you are describing is a theory, not a fact.  Something that is factual must have actually happened, not may have happened. Since he was prone to givaways and was not scoring at a prolific rate, you're theory is also flawed.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN! : Seguin should have been given every opportunity to get back onto the power play but he wasn't. Bad coaching. He would have been better than what they had. Fact.
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

He did not score in his own net, so if that is what you are looking for, then he did not hurt his team.  If you accept that missed defensive coverage hurts your team, then he most definately did.  He is a -3 on a team that is overwhelmingly '+'.  We don't know what he would have done for sure if he played more, but based on the information we have, if he played more the opposition would have scored more than Tyler would have added to the offence.  This would have hurt the team.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN! : I did watch him play and yes he looked timid and uncomfortable at times but never did he do anything to actually cost his team a game....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]He did not score in his own net, so if that is what you are looking for, then he did not hurt his team.  If you accept that missed defensive coverage hurts your team, then he most definately did.  He is a -3 on a team that is overwhelmingly '+'.  We don't know what he would have done for sure if he played more, but based on the information we have, if he played more the opposition would have scored more than Tyler would have added to the offence.  This would have hurt the team. In Response to Re: Bruins should trade Seguin...really...Or, FIRE JULIEN! :

-3 same as Ryder, Peverly as a Bruin and much better then Savard who was a -7. Should they all sit as well (obviously not in Svard's case)? Maybe Kelly too who is a -2 as a Bruin. They must all be costing this team many games through blown coverage....