BRUINS showed some character today...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

BRUINS showed some character today...

Ahead 3-1 ...Flyers scored 3 unanswered goals ...the B's did not give up and came back to win it ....Mr Seguin is starting to pay off

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: BRUINS showed some character today...

In Response to BRUINS showed some character today...:
    [QUOTE]Ahead 3-1 ...Flyers scored 3 unanswered goals ...the B's did not give up and came back to win it ....Mr Seguin is starting to pay off Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Stanley - Certainly a display of bend but don't break.  Still, the game made me nervous.  Had a last shot wins kind of feel.  Glad the Bruins took it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I thought so too Stanley, just a huge win.  The Flyers threw everything at them and the Bruins couldn't seem to catch a break, or a call.

But they stuck with it and came through in the end.  3 out of 4 points on the weekend against the best of the east.  First place at the all-star break.  Good stuff.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: BRUINS showed some character today...:
    [QUOTE]I thought so too Stanley, just a huge win.  The Flyers threw everything at them and the Bruins couldn't seem to catch a break, or a call. But they stuck with it and came through in the end.  3 out of 4 points on the weekend against the best of the east.  First place at the all-star break.  Good stuff.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch - There was little to choose between the teams yesterday.  As for today, the best thing is we know the Bruins can play better than we saw against Philly and still won.  I'm thankful for that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Well, at least the Bs won in the end.
    Anyone know what happened to Horton in the 3rd?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRUINS showed some character today... : Fletch - There was little to choose between the teams yesterday.  As for today, the best thing is we know the Bruins can play better than we saw against Philly and still won.  I'm thankful for that.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Agreed RichHill - a very imperfect game today.

Hanrahan, Horton must have been hurt on the late, high shot from Sestito.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRUINS showed some character today... : Agreed RichHill - a very imperfect game today. Hanrahan, Horton must have been hurt on the late, high shot from Sestito.

Thanks Fletch. Forgot about that high shot. Hope Horton's OK.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Philly really brought the physical play in the second and it worked, but the B's withstood the onslaught and stuck with their game, killing some late penalties and taking the game. This game shows what make champions, champions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

You also can see what Krejci means to this team,he is flat out good. Especially against the Flyers,he is their nemesis.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Nice win, would like to see the Bruins show a little more dicipline in these big games, I'd hate to see that catch up to them come playoff time...No Briere, no Jagr and Bryzgalov is just terrible, helped matters, but none the less a big win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Ugly, ugly, ugly but sometimes that's what it takes.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Nice win, would like to see the Bruins show a little more dicipline in these big games,
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Good point, kel.  Lately they seem to be losing their grip on this aspect of their game. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

So close to being a horrible, depressing weekend.  But the Bruins and Billy Cundiff silmutaniously made it a GREAT ONE

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

[QUOTE]So close to being a horrible, depressing weekend.  But the Bruins and Billy Cundiff silmutaniously made it a GREAT ONE
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

Let's not forget Lee Evans.  Cundiff hit's the FG and it goes to OT.  Evans doesn't drop a sure catch and they're down 4 with 19 seconds left.  I didn't watch the Bruins game has closely as I normally would, but I hate these games where there are over a dozen penalties called.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I did watch the Bs game, with a periphery view of the Patriot's game.  I dislike small town NE sports bars, anyway the Bs need to start thinking discipline not reaction to the aggressive play.  I like aggressive play but do not react to obvious provocation.  The Bs were the better team minus the PP once again.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Much too high a price paid for this win. Health is all that matters for this team going into the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]I thought so too Stanley, just a huge win.  The Flyers threw everything at them and the Bruins couldn't seem to catch a break, or a call. But they stuck with it and came through in the end.  3 out of 4 points on the weekend against the best of the east.  First place at the all-star break.  Good stuff.

Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum as for "catching a break" -- I was stuck with only the Phily feed via Center Ice. I know they pay these guys to be homers but waht happened to Bill Clement? He at least used to try to appear impartial but all afternoon he wouldn't stop with how the Bruins wre catching all the breaks with the calls. Not a word when the Bruins got the short end a couple of times.

Nice win either way -- unfortunately -- I have to face way too many Ranger fans here in Jersey at work tomorrow. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

When I saw Julien do the faceplam of disgust on the bench after the Kelly holding call late in the 3rd I was thinking "The Bruins have to win this one for their coach to spite this atrocious officiating" and his players did it, they hung in.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]When I saw Julien do the faceplam of disgust on the bench after the Kelly holding call late in the 3rd I was thinking "The Bruins have to win this one for their coach to spite this atrocious officiating" and his players did it, they hung in.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I actually thought it was the correct call. Kelly caught with his hand holding the Flyers shaft of the stick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRUINS showed some character today... : I actually thought it was the correct call. Kelly caught with his hand holding the Flyers shaft of the stick.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

i too thought the kelly call was a penalty.  it was just frustrating because that was the 7th pp the flyers got in a row.  the lucic call was bs.  the sestito non- call was bs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

@Chowda - It WAS a penalty, but what got me going were the non-calls throughout the game and the timing of this minor(figuratively and literally) infraction.

Especially right after the last minor to the Bs.

However, it is what it is and we managed to get 3 out of 4 big points this weekend.
    It was the three best teams in the East...filled with good hitting, not so good hitting, iffy officiating, great PK(except for Hartnell goals from the exact spot on the ice - argh!) and great(at times) goaltending.

While I didn't like the Rangers game result, these were good games to watch - I felt going in that they would be the measuring stick for us and other to see if we belong where we are.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbbfan40. Show bbbfan40's posts

Eight games in 13 days and the Bs got 11 of the possible 16 points. CJ might have been disgusted because Kelly got caught or got himslef in a position where he had to hold the stick. Reading the coach's mind by his facial expressions is truly a science-like measuring intent (like the Shan-wow). This team really showed character-a sign of a champion.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRUINS showed some character today... : The officiating in this one should be reviewed by the Department Of Justice; that's how bad a crime it was.  But, kudos to them sticking through it and pulling out a W.   I'm sensing a lot of teams will use this "let's get under their skin" approach to try to mess with the Bs rhythm.  Bs are too smart for that and CJ needs to hammer that message home.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    ipot, it must've been bad because I don't see you as someone that would typically question the officials. I've grown used to it now. Just like Chara takes some extra abuse (simply because he's bigger and can take it), it seems the mentality has rubbed onto the entire team. The Big Bad Bruins are expected to just deal with it. I agree it's getting frustrating seeing them short-handed after every scrum.

Sections
Shortcuts