Bruins sign Bartkowski to a one-year, one-way contract extension through 2013-14

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bruins sign Bartkowski to a one-year, one-way contract extension through 2013-14

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=662126&navid=DL|BOS|home

"Since being recalled from the Providence Bruins on March 23, Bartkowski has appeared in two games with Boston this season and registered two penalty minutes while averaging 14:19 of ice time. In total, Bartkowski has skated in 11 NHL games with the Boston Bruins and has recorded six penalty minutes."

Sign and trade ? Hey does that mean "Showcase" means...ahh..."Showcase" ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Bruins sign Bartkowski to a one-year, one-way contract extension through 2013-14

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=662126&navid=DL|BOS|home

"Since being recalled from the Providence Bruins on March 23, Bartkowski has appeared in two games with Boston this season and registered two penalty minutes while averaging 14:19 of ice time. In total, Bartkowski has skated in 11 NHL games with the Boston Bruins and has recorded six penalty minutes."

It was a must for the Flames to do the deal. Hah.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Bruins sign Bartkowski to a one-year, one-way contract extension through 2013-14

A one-way? Ug.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

A one-way? Ug.

Potential buyout next summer if all deals fall through Red ?

(nervous) Laugh...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

One way deal?  What the...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What the hell?  Even if it is a sign and drive - who saw something in this kid that they wanted him signed?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I think they like him, he may become their 7th D-man. I thought looked ok last night. I think this signals Ference will not be back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

What's wrong with a one-way deal?  What does anyone else care if he gets NHL money while playing in the A?  Am I missing something?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

What's wrong with a one-way deal?  What does anyone else care if he gets NHL money while playing in the A?  Am I missing something?

A one-way means he's either staying with the big club or he's trade bait. To send him down on the one-way he'd have to clear waivers now (or during the period of the extension) so he'd likely be gone for nothing. So we're either stuck with him or PC's trading him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

What the hell?  Even if it is a sign and drive - who saw something in this kid that they wanted him signed ?

It's the skating...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It takes away a roster spot, you can only have so many of them.  I'm not crazy about Krug because of his size, but I think he's got more upside that Barkowski.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What the hell?  Even if it is a sign and drive - who saw something in this kid that they wanted him signed?

Shudown defenders are difficult to find!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

This guy had 20 pts for me in NHL 13 For the B's. he's legit...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to red75's comment:

A one-way means he's either staying with the big club or he's trade bait. To send him down on the one-way he'd have to clear waivers now (or during the period of the extension) so he'd likely be gone for nothing. So we're either stuck with him or PC's trading him.

I thought that clearing waivers had to do with number of professional games played?  Did something change in the CBA? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

It was a must for the Flames to do the deal. Hah.

Yah he is part of a deal no doubt. Showcased LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Yeah, Bartkowski is about as shutdown as it gets.....wait what?!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Maybe he will be 2013-14's Macdermid? Isn't Bourque's a one-way next season too?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

It takes away a roster spot, you can only have so many of them.  I'm not crazy about Krug because of his size, but I think he's got more upside that Barkowski.

Are you saying that if he plays in Providence, he still counts as a roster spot?  I am still not understanding the problem?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Shudown defenders are difficult to find!

This allows CJ to pair Bart with Chara as the main shutdown pairing and then the Seidenberg diesel can play with Hamilton full time,making Boychuk & Ference the third pairing. ;D

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Are you saying that if he plays in Providence, he still counts as a roster spot?  I am still not understanding the problem?

Bartkowski would not take up a Boston Bruins spot if he is Providence. There are just some haters of the next John Rohloff LoL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"The problem" is that under the new CBA, you cannot bury a guy in the minors, so if he is signed on a one-way deal for NHL money (even close to the minimum like this), the money counts against the cap - all but $90K.  He doesn't count as a roster spot in Boston if he's in Providence, but the team can only have 50 players under contract at any level.

There's no guarantee he gets plucked off of waivers.  Bourque didn't.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

"The problem" is that under the new CBA, you cannot bury a guy in the minors, so if he is signed on a one-way deal for NHL money (even close to the minimum like this), the money counts against the cap - all but $90K.  He doesn't count as a roster spot in Boston if he's in Providence, but the team can only have 50 players under contract at any level.

There's no guarantee he gets plucked off of waivers.  Bourque didn't.

Book - do you have a link to the new CBA?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Maybe he will be 2013-14's Macdermid? Isn't Bourque's a one-way next season too?

Yes to the Bourque question JM.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

And the biggest reason he didn't get claimed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

And the biggest reason he didn't get claimed.

Maybe second biggest with ability being the first.

Sections
Shortcuts