Bruins sign Griffith

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Bruins sign Griffith

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=664934&navid=DL|BOS|home

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Bruins sign Griffith

led RW in OHL scoring? can that be right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Love the hockey-IQ on this kid. However, not the best skater and lacks true speed and agility. He's one of those "right place at right time" type scorer. I would compare him to a smaller Matt Moulson from the Islanders.

That being said, he may be a borderline "fringe" NHL'er and a very productive AHL player. He may have a career similar to Chris Bourque. 

Im not trying to cut the Kid's skills short but the reality is he put up numbers as an over-ager (20 yrs) against kids. Hes game was more mature and hes body was better conditioned and the experience was certaintly a factor.

I need to see him on a regular basis in the AHL before I get my hopes up on this guy. Anywho, good for the kid and I hope he proves me wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

the overager thing means nothing. tons of really good players played in the O as 20 year olds. i mean bobby ryan did for god sakes. projecting his future right now, whether it be positive or negative is asinine. saying he's going to be chris bourque is really really stupid. he hasn't played a pro game yet. he has improved his game dramatically over the last couple years. let him play some pro hockey, then judge.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to superj2k10's comment:

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=664934&navid=DL|BOS|home

Love the hockey-IQ on this kid. However, not the best skater and lacks true speed and agility. He's one of those "right place at right time" type scorer. I would compare him to a smaller Matt Moulson from the Islanders.

That being said, he may be a borderline "fringe" NHL'er and a very productive AHL player. He may have a career similar to Chris Bourque. 

Im not trying to cut the Kid's skills short but the reality is he put up numbers as an over-ager (20 yrs) against kids. Hes game was more mature and hes body was better conditioned and the experience was certaintly a factor.

I need to see him on a regular basis in the AHL before I get my hopes up on this guy. Anywho, good for the kid and I hope he proves me wrong.

The reality is he wasn't an overager. He was in his 4th OHL season and didn't turn 20 till after the New Year.

The skating part ? Maybe true in a old report that you might have found. This year ? I've noticed an improvement in his speed. Agility has never been a problem in my opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

The reality is he wasn't an overager. He was in his 4th OHL season and didn't turn 20 till after the New Year.

The skating part ? Maybe true in a old report that you might have found. This year ? I've noticed an improvement in his speed. Agility has never been a problem in my opinion.

Nice report. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I'm not going to dig for it right now but I saw a report on Griffith that basically said what Chowdah just did. He's still developing of course so hopefully he keeps improving.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A pretty good prospect outlook for a 5th rounder, from what I can gather.

I'm starting to get the feeling that PC could be turning the corner on his drafting record...

...premature I know, but they have a lot of guys who seem to be very effective in junior this season.

Correct me if I'm wrong Chowdah.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

A pretty good prospect outlook for a 5th rounder, from what I can gather.

I'm starting to get the feeling that PC could be turning the corner on his drafting record...

...premature I know, but they have a lot of guys who seem to be very effective in junior this season.

Correct me if I'm wrong Chowdah.

You're right. All major parts for the teams they play for. 

The competition for jobs in Providence should be interesting to watch next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

the overager thing means nothing. tons of really good players played in the O as 20 year olds. i mean bobby ryan did for god sakes. projecting his future right now, whether it be positive or negative is asinine. saying he's going to be chris bourque is really really stupid. he hasn't played a pro game yet. he has improved his game dramatically over the last couple years. let him play some pro hockey, then judge.

Isnt that what I said? Read the post before commenting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

That's all fine n dandy but has BadHab seen Griffith skate ?

See skating around cones at a Mass. High School rink is very different...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Sealed

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to superj2k10's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Isnt that what I said? Read the post before commenting.

i did. you mentioned it as an after thought. he played against these little midget kids that are 18 and he's a 20 year old with 12 kids. overagers numbers don't mean a thing. he's probably going to be like chris bourque. future fringe NHLer. oh well, we'll have to watch him play. that's basically what you said

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

He passes the BadHab stats check with flying colors.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Then thats all that matters. Now, where do i get a shirt?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Is he better than Soderberg?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Is he better than Soderberg?

He's better than a stick in the eye!  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good one, BHab.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Then thats all that matters. Now, where do i get a shirt?

That's gold Kelv!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Weren't they up to 49  profesional contracts and the Griffith contract makes it 50/50

Can they still signg Soderberg...... I think only if Griffith contract kicks in only next year...but I may be wrong....does someone know...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:

Weren't they up to 49  profesional contracts and the Griffith contract makes it 50/50

Can they still signg Soderberg...... I think only if Griffith contract kicks in only next year...but I may be wrong....does someone know...

Globe said the contract wouldn't start until 2013-14

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to bobruins' comment:

Globe said the contract wouldn't start until 2013-14

Ok... thaks for the info. 

This means that they have to shed some contracts prior to the start of next season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Won't be hard, Pandolfo was a 1 year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Good thread.

Thanks for the info Super, Chowdah, and 191646.

Once again confirming that this is a good place to get  info from. Will have to check him out at the Dunk next year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Hmmm,

Seth Griffiths ... London Knights

Jared Knight ... London Knights

Ryan Spooner ... London Knights

Players that have won a Memorial Cup or have gone the Cup final last year. Nice to see home town OHL players get drafted by the NHL team I've been following for years.

Kinda like my nephews getting a chance in the big League ... No relations to them before I get ripped

Sections
Shortcuts