Bruins sign Sweedish goalie Niklas Svedberg

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Bruins sign Sweedish goalie Niklas Svedberg

http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/elitserien/niklas-svedberg-klar-for-boston-bruins/

Traslated to English: Niklas Svedberg was one of the greatest heroes when Brynäs salvaged SM-gold this season. 22-year old was 94.7 in save percentage and released only 1.70 goals per game during his 13 playoff games.
    Can not comment

Great game by allowing many NHL clubs showed great interest in Svedberg.

According HockeyExpressen.se's figures won reigning champions Boston Bruins, the tug of war. Swedberg will be presented by the club shortly.

- I can not comment on that. I really enjoy working in Brynäs but of course I want to play in the NHL, that's all I can say, says Svedberg HockeyExpressen.se.

Boston Bruins already have two world class goalies, Tim Thomas, Tuukka Rask. Svedberg learn to expect to begin the season in the AHL team Providence Bruins.
    undefined

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Bruins sign Sweedish goalie Niklas Svedberg

Ow, can't wait for the English language article so I can understand it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Could this be a good translation: Timmy or Tuukka will not be a Bruin next year. Khudobin will back up the survivor and some new talent will be observed in Providence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Or could be insurance for the season after next when TT becomes a FA, and insurance for whatever is going on with Rask.

I like his numbers, they show the kind of improvement I like.  Put up 2.47 in the Swe-1 and then 2.50 in the SEL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

TRANSLATED ARTICLE: Niklas Svedberg is lost for Brynäs.

According to HockeyExpressen.se gold hero has signed with the NHL team the Boston Bruins.

- I really enjoy working in Brynäs but of course I want to play in the NHL, says Svedberg.

Niklas Svedberg was one of the greatest heroes when Brynäs salvaged SM-gold this season. 22-year old was 94.7 in save percentage and released only 1.70 goals per game during his 13 playoff games.

Can not comment

Great game by allowing many NHL clubs showed great interest in Svedberg.

According HockeyExpressen.se's figures won reigning champions Boston Bruins, the tug of war. Swedberg will be presented by the club shortly.

- I can not comment on that. I really enjoy working in Brynäs but of course I want to play in the NHL, that's all I can say, says Svedberg HockeyExpressen.se.

Boston Bruins already have two world class goalies, Tim Thomas, Tuukka Rask.Svedberg learn to expect to begin the season in the AHL team Providence Bruins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

1.70 in the playoffs in one of the Worl'ds top leagues - not bad at all. That stat alone shows some potential.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7u26iYpO5k

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Brutal... but does that have to do with this goalie?

No goalie in the play, and it doesn't look like a goalie opened the gate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins sign Sweedish goalie Niklas Svedberg:
    [QUOTE]Brutal... but does that have to do with this goalie?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    He's the guy who opened the door for no apparent reason.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Really? Sure didn't look like a keeper.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Really? Sure didn't look like a keeper.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    You can see it in the replay they show.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Wow, what a dirty play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, what a dirty play.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    By all accounts, no one really knows what the hell he did it for. You're absolutely right though Red. That's a very dirty and dangerous play. It could've been much worse.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Even if it wasn't with malicious intent dez, that's a major-league dumb@ss play, lucky the kid never broke his neck.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Even if it wasn't with malicious intent dez, that's a major-league dumb@ss play, lucky the kid never broke his neck.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    I watched it a few times to see if maybe he really thought his teammate was coming to the bench. After watching it over and over, I still have no idea what he was thinking.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He's a goalie - who the heck knows what any of them are thinking. Still, if the Bruins are putting some stock in him, let's hope this is not indicative of anything.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Article on him.  http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Sinister-bench-mischief-of-Swedish-goalie?urn=nhl-303102

We're not solid on this, but we're pretty sure that Svedberg is "Hextall" in Swedish.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Awsome a goalie signed good start ... Swedish goalie I have faith in them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I would have gone into the teams bench and put a butt-end through his face.  That was unacceptable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Overlooked in all of this is that PC is doing a decent job of signing some undrafted guys, all you need is a couple that work out.

100% sure I'm going to Providence this coming season, it's going to be interesting down there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

I'm from Sweden and follow the Swedish Elit League pretty closely as much as I can living in the States now. Svedberg is a good goalie, no doubt about it, but I don't know about his mental game. He'll come over here and work hard, I just hope he can contend with the increased physical workload the NHL/AHL comes with. Brynas played a lot of 1-3-1 trap in the play offs, which helped Svedberg out a bit. Still, the boy has ability, I hope it's a good signing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I'm from Sweden and follow the Swedish Elit League pretty closely as much as I can living in the States now. Svedberg is a good goalie, no doubt about it, but I don't know about his mental game. He'll come over here and work hard, I just hope he can contend with the increased physical workload the NHL/AHL comes with. Brynas played a lot of 1-3-1 trap in the play offs, which helped Svedberg out a bit. Still, the boy has ability, I hope it's a good signing.
    Posted by Al-Samarraie[/QUOTE]

About the mental game - any more you can tell us, other than what we've seen of him opening doors?

About the increased physical workload - you say "hope"  - any reason in particular?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

In response to "Re: Bruins sign Sweedish goalie Niklas Svedberg": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins sign Sweedish goalie Niklas Svedberg : About the mental game - any more you can tell us, other than what we've seen of him opening doors? About the increased physical workload - you say "hope"  - any reason in particular? Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE] Badhab, during the regular season, he would slump (which happens to all goalies at some point), but it took him time to bounce back. He would chirp at defenders (again, probably not very unusual) and it took him a game or two to find his rhythm again it seemed. Regarding the physical workload, I just feel many European goalies need time to transition to the different schedule over here. That, along with my pure speculation regarding his mental condition, could maybe work against him. Hey, maybe he's just young and needs to figure out the game and how to handle himself. The positive is that the Bruins aren't looking for him to walk in and be a no 1, they're set for quite some time, which will give him time to adjust and mature.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]I would have gone into the teams bench and put a butt-end through his face.  That was unacceptable.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Do you usually bring a stick with you when you go to watch games ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Bruins are preparing for a goaltending vacancy. Is it Thomaas, Rask or Khubodin?

Sections
Shortcuts