Bruin's support in Newfoundland

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Bruin's support in Newfoundland

Yesterday a radio AM show in Nfld questioned why should the vast majority be supporting Boston and not their countrymen in Van.

He then said he as a Det fan has always supported his own team and that we have been following hockey for decades and the fanbase has always stayed true to their teams.

Newfoundlanders have never toed the party line, they follow their hearts and more than any other province they support their own. (As a mainlander whose wife and kids are Newfoundlanders, I can say this wholeheartedly)

The majority here are TO and Hab fans with a lot more of the original 6 teams. The younger fans have followed their own paths, a whole community (home of Ryan Clowe) follows ths Sharks, Cleary bringing home the cup a couple of years ago had more visitors to his home town than the Salmon Festival (big bands) draws.

So the vast majority is ranting and roaring for Ryder to bring home the cup, the few that aren't are mostly habnot fans that are just that habnot fans. (spitey ignoramous's)

There are many Bruin's fans across Canada, that stay true to their own as well. There are also many that see past the b-ess of cheer for your country's team, there are more Canucks on Boston than there is in Van.

This is not a Canada versus US thing, this is much bigger to true fans of hockey, this is bigger than the Olympics, than the Juniors, for egads sake man
    THIS IS FOR THE STANLEY CUP!!!

So as a Newfoundlander now for more than a decade, I will rant and roar like a true Newfounlander for my team THE BOSTON BRUINS.

Nice little song for ye, let me know if link doesn't work.

We'll Rant and We'll Roar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dmpz5QeR_g

GO BRUINS GO!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Bruin's support in Newfoundland

GOAT... this is bigger than geographical allegiances. i live in the states, and was a huge calgary fan when they played the bolts in 04. would much rather have seen a canadian francise win it than a team from the sunshine state. so kudos to all you "newfies" in your support of your boy ryder. i think he'll be a big factor in this cup final. GO BRUINS !!!!   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No matter where you are from or how far your team has gone down you stick with your team. Hockey fans can stay loyal to their country during the Olympics and during IIHF tournaments.

My Grandmother was born in Nova Scotia and even when she was retired living in Zona n Tampa she's stayed true to one team, the team she taught me to root for the Bruins. She'll be watching tonight after her Wednesday bridge tournament is over.

As usual good post GOAT!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Bruin's support in Newfoundland:
    [QUOTE]Yesterday a radio AM show in Nfld questioned why should the vast majority be supporting Boston and not their countrymen in Van. He then said he as a Det fan has always supported his own team and that we have been following hockey for decades and the fanbase has always stayed true to their teams. Newfoundlanders have never toed the party line, they follow their hearts and more than any other province they support their own. (As a mainlander whose wife and kids are Newfoundlanders, I can say this wholeheartedly)  The majority here are TO and Hab fans with a lot more of the original 6 teams. The younger fans have followed their own paths, a whole community (home of Ryan Clowe) follows ths Sharks, Cleary bringing home the cup a couple of years ago had more visitors to his home town than the Salmon Festival (big bands) draws. So the vast majority is ranting and roaring for Ryder to bring home the cup, the few that aren't are mostly habnot fans that are just that habnot fans. (spitey ignoramous's) There are many Bruin's fans across Canada, that stay true to their own as well. There are also many that see past the b-ess of cheer for your country's team, there are more Canucks on Boston than there is in Van. This is not a Canada versus US thing, this is much bigger to true fans of hockey, this is bigger than the Olympics, than the Juniors, for egads sake man THIS IS FOR THE STANLEY CUP!!! So as a Newfoundlander now for more than a decade, I will rant and roar like a true Newfounlander for my team THE BOSTON BRUINS. Nice little song for ye, let me know if link doesn't work. We'll Rant and We'll Roar! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dmpz5QeR_g GO BRUINS GO!!!
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

My regards to all Bruins fans in NewFounland....from Montreal were there are thousands of BRUINS fans ....

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I LOVE Newfoundlanders! As a proud resident of the grand State of Maine, nothing makes me happier than to see our friends from the northeast come visit...and of course visiting your neck of the woods is always spectacular.

Nice shout-out to Great Big Sea, too. The only concert that has fans dressing in both renaissance fair outfits and hockey jerseys. Great stuff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruin's support in Newfoundland:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE Newfoundlanders! As a proud resident of the grand State of Maine, nothing makes me happier than to see our friends from the northeast come visit...and of course visiting your neck of the woods is always spectacular. Nice shout-out to Great Big Sea, too. The only concert that has fans dressing in both renaissance fair outfits and hockey jerseys. Great stuff.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    Which part of Maine Asmaha?  I live an hour from St.Stephen,N.B. in Sea Dog country.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I know in my area the Niagara Peninsula, a small city of Welland is supporting the Bruins cause of Paille and Horton will bring the cup to their neck of the woods. The city itself is French Canadian culture and hab fans, I ask my friends from this city they want the cup to go through their city we have a float being built as we speak.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'm down in the Portland area, so I get to see all the tourists visit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

I am a proud Newfoundlander was has been a Bruin's fan since 1970...ouch...that was a long time ago.  This is bigger than U.S. vs. Canada....absolutely...this is the Stanley Cup.....to a hockey fan this is the ultimate prize.  To a true Bruin's fan this is it....our hearts are pounding out of chest with pride and anticipation.  This is our year.  We will not be denied.  Good luck to Ryder.  He will score tonite.  He wants it as bad as we want it...he grew up dreaming of playing hockey and winning the Stanley Cup..he will be a factor in this series....make us proud.  It may be difficult to believe but there will be many many Bars and Taverns here in Old St. John's, NL tonite filled with B's fans who can't wait to scream when we score.  WE want that Cup so bad it doesn't matter if American or Canadian I am a Boston Bruin fan and dammed proud of it. Let's go drink some beers and cheer on history.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I'm down in the Portland area, so I get to see all the tourists visit.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    Did you happen to see Cake when they played there recently? I was hoping to go but had to work. They've been my new favourite band for the last little while.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Next to Montreal, ughhh, Bruins are probably the second most supported team here in New Brunswick...lots of Leafs fans might argue that fact!

I just heard a story saying that the provinces that support Vancouver the least are:

1. Alberta
    2. Quebec
    3. Atlantic Canada

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruin's support in Newfoundland : Did you happen to see Cake when they played there recently? I was hoping to go but had to work. They've been my new favourite band for the last little while.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Nah - I missed them. Bummer. Going to Avett Brothers tomorrow night, though. Portland's got a great entertainment scene, and can't complain about the ocean/mountains/lakes and 1:45 from Boston. Love it here.

Sections
Shortcuts