Bruins take the night off.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Bruins take the night off.

Third game in four nights. You can't win them all. What can you do?

Chara's worst game ever as a Bruin. I guess it's better that it happens now.

Bruins could have run away with this game, but they ran out of gas.

This will serve like the old "Old Spice" slap in the face - "Thanks, I needed that". And will put them in the right frame of mind to devour the Leafs on Saturday, in my home town.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Bruins take the night off.

Nothing like the Leafs to get Seguin going. Put up 1/6 of his points last season against the Leafs alone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Again, not sure how a team puts up 46 shots on net and theirs a thread saying had a poor effort and now this saying they took the night off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Again, not sure how a team puts up 46 shots on net and theirs a thread saying had a poor effort and now this saying they took the night off.

I question their physical play not the effoet, why is iy so hard to understand?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Kelv, they packed it in after Krecji's goal. No gas in the tank.

To me, they didn't seem to be into the game. Lots of brain cramps. They had some good moments, but they let Buffalo into the game, and tired themselves out.

But that's OK. These games happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

To me, they didn't seem to be into the game. Lots of brain cramps. They had some good moments, but they let Buffalo into the game, and tired themselves out.

Ding!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Brain cramps, poor execution etc..totally agree, but I thought the effort was there, especially for 3rd game in 4 nights and being a forward short after the first 2 minutes..I'm not sure I want to take the effort part away from them.

I hated losing this game, I realize they were going ot lose a game, just hate that it was this one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Kelv, all that effort only served to tire themselves out, especially after 3 games in 4 nights.

Better it happens now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Good call Kel. sloppy play in own end and the 1st or 2nd biggest bruins killer in vanek( the other is gaborik) lead to tonight's loss to buffalo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

5 on 3 killed them tonite, especially after taking the game over.. Plain and simple, when your best penalty killer takes a dumb penalty especially knowing one is coming was foolish... You had the momentum,and going into the locker room with a 3-1 lead, this is not a loss...gave one away tonite..I don't feel they took the night off ..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Thread shouldnhave been :  Tuuka took the night off

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

This will serve like the old "Old Spice" slap in the face - "Thanks, I needed that". And will put them in the right frame of mind to devour the Leafs on Saturday, in my home town.

BRUINS WILL WIN IF KHUDO IS THE NET OTHERWISE IT'LL BE OUR SECOND CONSECUTIVE LOSS

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Thread shouldnhave been :  Tuuka took the night off

Agree on Tuuka -- 42 shots on the offensive side -- a couple more should have gone -- Miller did a good job overall.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I agree with Kelvana.  The game was not lose due to a lack of effort.  It was lost due to Vanek's ability to torch the B's and some poor defense.

This team skated hard all night long.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I cannot understand how people are ripping Rask.  I'm sorry but which of those goals came off a direct shot and not as a result of a Sabre being all alone on an odd-man rush or as the result of a pp or a complete defensive bed-shi77ing?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I cannot understand how people are ripping Rask.  I'm sorry but which of those goals came off a direct shot and not as a result of a Sabre being all alone on an odd-man rush or as the result of a pp or a complete defensive bed-shi77ing?

My thinking totally. Too much Vanek and sloppy play in front of him. Rask's play was not the reason for the loss.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I dont blame Rask entirely, but he goes down way too much. He spends more time in butterfly mode than he does standing up. Its a bit annoying. Tyler Ennis's goal, rask dropped to his knees when who ever it was made the pass to ennis. Rask couldnt get over in time. But I dont think there was any reason for him to drop to his knees prior to that. The sabres player wasnt in any position to even shoot the puck. His back was to Rask. And the fact that the Defense was no where to be found on many of the goals tonight, really put Rask in a bind. I dont expect the B's to win every game, but I dont think Ive seen a B's game that was as bad as this one in many years. We handed the game to the sabres.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Blaming Rask is retarded.  And remember, I blame Rask for almost every goal that gets by him. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I agree with Kelvana.  The game was not lose due to a lack of effort.  It was lost due to Vanek's ability to torch the B's and some poor defense.

This team skated hard all night long.

Mentally, the Bruins weren't there. Vanek is very good, but not as great as he was last night. There was no coverage on defense, the defenseman don't get all the blame because Sabres had an easy time getting out of their zone.

The effort seem to be there, but it was all on offense. Had they played a bit of defense - 4 goals should be enough to beat Buffalo.

Anyway, they will play again. They come to TO nice and hunger.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The 5 on 3 did not kill them."

The Bruins were in control of the game until the 5 on 3. No it did not kill them but it got the Sabres back into the game no question about it. I also question the 46 shots on net, only about a 3rd of them were quality, the two thirds were Ryder/Wheeler shots right to the Sabre emblom or over the net, see Seguin all night.

Good thing about this collapse is Julien is going to rip them apart in the film room.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to Wheatskins's comment:

Agreed. Chara had a terrible night. Plus  the rest of the team was Vanek Depressive.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

One of the worst games I can remember from Chara.  It seemed like the Thornton fight really freaked him out, or something.  He usually punishes people like like Vanek, even though Vanek always plays well.  The d-zone coverage was atrocious, I couldn't believe it a few times.  Looked like Toronto's D last year.  Two more Buff games coming up and the B's won't have their 'protector' around.  

Let's see what these guys are made of.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Fletch - there were many players that 'missed assignments' last night, but Chara's total misplay of the 2 on 1 looks amateur-ish...leave the shooter for the goalie and take the pass away to the other player. Simple.

However, if he had completely blocked the passing lane, Vanek would have probably shot it and picked the corner...short side. It was that kind of night.

BTW - Offensively, I thought Chara had a pretty good night, jumping into the play at the right time and controlling play on the blueline during the PP. He just didn't get rewarded. Miller absolutely robbed him when it was 4-3 Sabres.

...and to reply directly to the thread topic - I didn't see any Bruins not giving full effort at any time last night.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Rask doesn't get the blame - he was hung out to dry all night, and has played great this year...however, There have been many times when I get concerned with him playing on his knees way to early and often. Now, if I can see that from my living room, then it would be a safe bet that the rest of the NHL can see it also. Still not sold on this guy yet -

Sections
Shortcuts