Bruins To Distribute 505 Rings?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Bruins To Distribute 505 Rings?

Is this a misprint at NHL.com or what? It seems to take away a bit of the mystique of owning a Stanley Cup ring when this many are being made. I would've thought 100 to be almost too many.

The rings arrived via armored car around 4:40 p.m. while business people stopped in their tracks in downtown Boston. The Stanley Cup followed the rings before the players arrived and walked a red carpet. The team included many members of the organization, in addition to players and coaches, in the festivities. All told, 505 rings will be distributed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Bruins To Distribute 505 Rings?

In Response to Bruins To Distribute 505 Rings?:
    [QUOTE]Is this a misprint at NHL.com or what. It seems to take away a bit of the mystique of owning a Stanley Cup ring when this many are being made. I would've thought 100 to be almost too many. The rings arrived via armored car around 4:40 p.m. while business people stopped in their tracks in downtown Boston. The Stanley Cup followed the rings before the players arrived and walked a red carpet. The team included many members of the organization, in addition to players and coaches, in the festivities. All told, 505 rings will be distributed.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Maybe they should distribute them to all members of this forum. Didn't we contribute to the cup win with all of our brainstorming ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins To Distribute 505 Rings?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bruins To Distribute 505 Rings? : Maybe they should distribute them to all members of this forum. Didn't we contribute to the cup win with all of our brainstorming ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Well sure, if they're already giving out that many, why not?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

That would be a total of 151,500 diamonds - even they're the cheapest diamonds going, that would cost, without the setting or jewler costs, or the prcious metals in them, that would ring in at $30,300,000.

Gotta be a typo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I heard it on the radio and right away i said that has to be wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]That would be a total of 151,500 diamonds - even they're the cheapest diamonds going, that would cost, without the setting or jewler costs, or the prcious metals in them, that would ring in at $30,300,000. Gotta be a typo.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    That's what I figured Red. I also thought maybe the rings the players and immediate coaching staff receive might be a whole lot nicer than the rest of them. I'm with you though. Gotta be a typo. 55 sounds more like it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Yeah, nothing like having a "unique" piece to remember the greatest achievement of your life, eh?

Has to be a misprint.  If I was a Bruin, I'd be bit miffed about there being 504 others with the ring that me and my teammates sweated blood to earn.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, nothing like having a "unique" piece to remember the greatest achievement of your life, eh? Has to be a misprint.  If I was a Bruin, I'd be bit miffed about there being 504 others with the ring that me and my teammates sweated blood to earn.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

We can give your entire team one. They were vital to our success.  and they shared blood sweat and fears

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins To Distribute 505 Rings? : We can give your entire team one. They were vital to our success.  and they shared blood sweat and fears
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Awesome.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I see on the bruins website they are selling rings not the actual one but stil some cool looking ones.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

every franchise does this when they win a title, the distribute a TON of rings, but also a number of different kinds. There are player rings, front office rings, and then probably a third teir of ring. My buddies sister works for the garden, not the bruins, the garden, and she was given the option of buying a ring

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

those rings are hideous. Admit it.

I would pawn it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

There were 505 rings but they weren't all the same. The players, management etc got the official ring. Employees of the Bruins and game night staff all got another style ring of lesser value. The Jacobs family footed the bill so all the employees could have a ring. Employees did have to come up with the taxes though and that wasn't cheap.

I got to wear a couple last night. ;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]There were 505 rings but they weren't all the same. The players, management etc got the official ring. Employees of the Bruins and game night staff all got another style ring of lesser value. The Jacobs family footed the bill so all the employees could have a ring. Employees did have to come up with the taxes though and that wasn't cheap. I got to wear a couple last night. ;)
    Posted by Krispy73[/QUOTE]
    Awesome Krispy! Thanks for clearing that up. That makes way more sense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]There were 505 rings but they weren't all the same. The players, management etc got the official ring. Employees of the Bruins and game night staff all got another style ring of lesser value. The Jacobs family footed the bill so all the employees could have a ring. Employees did have to come up with the taxes though and that wasn't cheap. I got to wear a couple last night. ;)
    Posted by Krispy73[/QUOTE]

I bet you're right here, Krispy. I used to work with the Lewiston Maineiacs and when they won the QMJHL Championship, the team did it the exact same way. The players, coaches, trainers and all the other people who were part of the day to day on-the-ice product got one ring that was (obviously) more expensive than the ones support staff got. I was the TV broadcaster for the club, and I was just happy to get one at all! I think most of the people among the 500 or so will feel the same way. I always like the generosity of the owners and business managers of hockey teams who make sure they recognize the effort of everyone in the organization, and the Bruins fit into that category, clearly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins To Distribute 505 Rings? : I bet you're right here, Krispy. I used to work with the Lewiston Maineiacs and when they won the QMJHL Championship, the team did it the exact same way. The players, coaches, trainers and all the other people who were part of the day to day on-the-ice product got one ring that was (obviously) more expensive than the ones support staff got. I was the TV broadcaster for the club, and I was just happy to get one at all! I think most of the people among the 500 or so will feel the same way. I always like the generosity of the owners and business managers of hockey teams who make sure they recognize the effort of everyone in the organization, and the Bruins fit into that category, clearly.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]
    Yeah Kennedy, for all of the flak the Jacobs family gets around here, it's obvious that they went all out on this. I applaud them for it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Poor Dale Arnold.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

Let me guess. Ours got lost in the mail.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

from last nights broadcast, they said the "real rings" were valued at $28,000 a piece! multiply that by perhaps 100 being the real thing= 2.8 million just for them. thems some deeeeep pockets.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

No problem, guys. :)