Bruins Top 20 from Hockey's Future.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Bruins Top 20 from Hockey's Future.

Updated April 19/2012. Lots of changes from recent rankings.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/14144/spring_top20_for_boston_bruins_flush_with_complementary_talent/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins3037. Show bruins3037's posts

Re: Bruins Top 20 from Hockey's Future.

In response to "Bruins Top 20 from Hockey's Future.": [QUOTE]Updated April 19/2012. Lots of changes from recent rankings. http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/14144/spring_top20_for_boston_bruins_flush_with_complementary_talent/ Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE] I really hope Hamilton lives up to the hype. I think he will, but I'm guessing his game will take a little while to transition to the NHL. I'm guessing he'll make the team out of camp next year, and he'll have some good players to teach him. Looking forward to seeing him with the big club! Obviously Hamilton is the most exciting prospect we have, but I have to admit, I'm really looking forward to the day Knight makes it. I think when he gets here (which I believe he'll be with the big club in 2013-14 season) he'll become a fan favorite. He plays a Bruin style, and he'll fit really well here. Lots of heart and soul. He's going to be a good one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Top 20 from Hockey's Future.:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Bruins Top 20 from Hockey's Future.": I really hope Hamilton lives up to the hype. I think he will, but I'm guessing his game will take a little while to transition to the NHL. I'm guessing he'll make the team out of camp next year, and he'll have some good players to teach him. Looking forward to seeing him with the big club! Obviously Hamilton is the most exciting prospect we have, but I have to admit, I'm really looking forward to the day Knight makes it. I think when he gets here (which I believe he'll be with the big club in 2013-14 season) he'll become a fan favorite. He plays a Bruin style, and he'll fit really well here. Lots of heart and soul. He's going to be a good one.
    Posted by bruins3037[/QUOTE]
    He's developed a rep for being a hard worker. I like to hear that regarding young players. A willingness to work hard is one of the most important attributes a player can have.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Does anyone know if Knight fights at all?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I never saw much of Cornell. How's Ferlin looking? Surprised to see our fourth rounder from last year already in the top 8 prospects.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I never saw much of Cornell. How's Ferlin looking? Surprised to see our fourth rounder from last year already in the top 8 prospects.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    I haven't seen enough to say either Red but I do know some folks in the States were surprised to see him left off of the World Junior squad after supposedly having a very solid tryout.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Articles, stats... they mean nothing.  And even watching these kids play means nothing.  After they have been in the NHL for 5 or 6 years only then can we judge them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Articles, stats... they mean nothing.  And even watching these kids play means nothing.  After they have been in the NHL for 5 or 6 years only then can we judge them.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Just ask Alexandre Daigle,Patrick Stefan,Brian Lawton,Benoit Pouliot or many others how all the press worked out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]Articles, stats... they mean nothing.  And even watching these kids play means nothing.  After they have been in the NHL for 5 or 6 years only then can we judge them.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

5-6 years? We can't ask Seguin? Stamkos? Lucic? Marchand? They haven't been around that long... I see 2 years, 3, 3, 3? They seem to be pretty well established in the league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

From what I've seen from Chiarelli and Julien is you need more than just have a great camp, you have to prove it in the AHL 1st to be rated higher. These are opinions of bloggers not scouts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I never saw much of Cornell. How's Ferlin looking? Surprised to see our fourth rounder from last year already in the top 8 prospects.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I watched Ferlin play in one game this year.  I wouldn't say he was outstanding but he didn't look like a freshmen either.  You can tell he is one of their best offensive players already at Cornell.  Good passer and good in the corners from what little I saw.  I was surprised by the ranking though.  It seems optimistic to put him ahead of guys who have proven more, when Ferlin has played one season of ECAC hockey and was injured for the playoffs and tournament.  Right now he looks like a very smart draft pick where they got him, but I think it would be hard to make any pro predictions at all.  Harder than say, it would be to predict AHL or veteran junior guys. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

These kinds of articles are like red meat to the lions--I have a never-ending appetite for them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Top 20 from Hockey's Future. : 5-6 years? We can't ask Seguin? Stamkos? Lucic? Marchand? They haven't been around that long... I see 2 years, 3, 3, 3? They seem to be pretty well established in the league.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

There always has to be a downer.....

We're fans.....it's OK to be a little optimistic about the future of the franchise. Yes, maybe it's wise to remain calm and not get your hopes up about a prospect (Hamill). But it's always nice to have a lot to look forward to.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Knight and Randell each score in game 3 of the OHL semi-final. Randell and Kitchener are now down 3-0 after taking a 5-2 loss. Hamilton and Niagra Falls lead Ottawa 2-1 in the other semi-final.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Lane "looks like an NHLer with 10 goal potential" MacDermid is four slots above Carl Yetiberg.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Lane "looks like an NHLer with 10 goal potential" MacDermid is four slots above Carl Yetiberg.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    It's hard to figure anything out with young players sometimes. Cunningham could have a longer NHL career than Spooner. Knight could get passed on the depth chart by Ferlin or Florek. Who knows how they'll make it as pros until we see it happen? What we do know is that the numbers would dictate very few of these top 20 guys will see more than a handful of games with the Bruins anytime soon (or ever). BTW, that list of Bruins other notables was in alphabetical order.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Top 20 from Hockey's Future. : It's hard to figure anything out with young players sometimes. Cunningham could have a longer NHL career than Spooner. Knight could get passed on the depth chart by Ferlin or Florek. Who knows how they'll make it as pros until we see it happen? What we do know is that the numbers would dictate very few of these top 20 guys will see more than a handful of games with the Bruins anytime soon (or ever). BTW, that list of Bruins other notables was in alphabetical order.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Long day.  Very long day!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Top 20 from Hockey's Future. : Long day.  Very long day!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Just breaking your balls.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hey, if anyone knows when he deserves to have his balls broken, it's NAS.

Olsonic, my metaphor would be something like brewpub beer.  I get sucked in and order it, and hey, it's beer, but at the end I always kind of regret I didn't get something better.  There's not much content there that's new, especially with people here posting the links to the monthly guide to what guys in the pipe have been up to.  And the ranking is just...obvious followed quickly by random.

The top six are four junior players (so thinking entirely about potential), an undrafted FA signee (so with a rep. for being in high demand, but with no more proof he can play the pro game than 1 fill in game), and a guy tearing up the KHL. The principle here is: the less we know, the more we hope.  It applies to putting Ferlin in 8th, too.

Sauve's the first guy who has really spent any time in the organization, but it's almost like the same speculation works in his favour: "imagine what he could do if he could stay healthy!"  Then the rest is kind of a random mix of guys who had decent seasons in Providence or in college, then guys who had down seasons like Arniel and Cohen, and then for no reason, Hamill.  The guy has probably played his last game for Providence or Boston.  He's so close to being out of the system, how can he still be their 20th best prospect?  Yetiberg will still be on their exclusive neg. list - that makes him more likely as a prospect.  It would make more sense to put MacDermid there since they seem to like his potential as a fourth-line energy guy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

One more observation.  This Bruins team's identity is that it's heavy.  Think Ovechkin trying to blast Chara and ending up on his Ovechkass.  They will grind you, burn you out, mess you up if necessary.  Seguin, who is over 6' and close to 200lbs is considered the small guy - well, next to Marchand, but he's got a special pass.

How do they work in 5'10" 175lb Ryan Spooner?  5'10" 190lb Kokhlachev?  5'9" 175lb Krug, 5'10" 175lb Chudinov, 5'9" 170lb Warsovsky...?  Ferlin and Knight have a better chance of playing the heavy game, and Sauve is rangy if not heavy.  That's a lot of smurfs who could prove to be very capable NHLers but who might be a really poor fit for the Boston Bruins.  If I have a concern here, more than anything, it's that the talented guys are a poor fit and the big guys may not have the talent or be able to stay healthy.  Cupboard could look pretty bare if that happens.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Dougie will be huge ...but I also like Carter Camper (9) I think he shoud be at (3) ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The principle here is: the less we know, the more we hope.  It applies to putting Ferlin in 8th, too."

and why I can't take the list too seriously...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Here are the updated year-end rankings of all team's prospects. There seems to be quite a drop off between Hamilton and the other Bruins prospects. Hamilton is ranked 4th among all NHL prospects. After that, the Bruins don't have another player ranked in the top 50.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/14164/top50_nugenthopkins_tops_spring_rankings/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The size thing is a bit of a concern.  I mean Jared Knight might turn out to be decent sized (weight) and apparently plays a very physical style, but most other guys seem like finesse an skill types.

Did anyone get to see Justin Florek or Zach Trotman play in Providence?  Both decent sized guys and Florek definitely played the heavy power-forward game in college.  But I have no idea if either have a chance to get to the show.

I think Kevan Miller is an underrated prospect, from my quite poorly informed position.  He's looked good to few times I've seen him.  He's a big kid, can hit, can fight and led Providence by a wide margain in +/-.  He looks like Mark Stuart to me -- practically no offensive upside, but a heavy, punishing d-man who plays solid and consistent. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The size thing is a bit of a concern.  I mean Jared Knight might turn out to be decent sized (weight) and apparently plays a very physical style, but most other guys seem like finesse an skill types. Did anyone get to see Justin Florek or Zach Trotman play in Providence?  Both decent sized guys and Florek definitely played the heavy power-forward game in college.  But I have no idea if either have a chance to get to the show. I think Kevan Miller is an underrated prospect, from my quite poorly informed position.  He's looked good to few times I've seen him.  He's a big kid, can hit, can fight and led Providence by a wide margain in +/-.  He looks like Mark Stuart to me -- practically no offensive upside, but a heavy, punishing d-man who plays solid and consistent. 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    I haven't seen much of him Fletch but I've read lots to support your opinion of his skill-set.