Bruin's top 6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Bruin's top 6

Top 6 forwards...

30 teams x 6 players = 180
    Bruins players in the top 180, cut off is at 20 points.

Berg 41, Krej 34, Luc 33, Rech 33,  Hort 29,  Ryder 28,  March  25,  Wheel 22.
    That is 8 top 6 forwards, with Camp 18 and Seg 16 not far behind considering they are getting 4th line mins. Add in Thorn and we have 11 players in top 9 status.  Only Sav is not in top 9, played half of games and was at 75%.

Top 3 players, we have 4 in Berg Krej Luc and Rec in top 90 players.

So believe it or not our players are better than most.  We have legite 1st liners, and our complemental 2nd liners go all the way to our 3rd line as top 6 players. Hard to believe, but the facts are in the numbers, and that we are a winning team helps to prove this.

We do not have the top line superstars, but we have topliners and look for Horton to climb back into this group as he gets untracked, he is only 2 points back after a dreadful Dec and Jan. Hey guess what Ryder is only 3 points back, unbelievable, yeah and we will trade him for a box of hockey pucks. Yeah a lot of teams will make that trade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Bruin's top 6

Good breakdown.  From this it's easy to see why the bruins are one of the leagues highest scoring teams.  People tend to think of a '1st liner' as someone who puts up 40 goals or a point per game.  The truth is, few teams have more than one or two of those guys, if any.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

What makes these numbers even more astounding is when you compare the top players mins to the league.

Krej is 51st in ice time per game, Top 3

Berg 99th, Hort 144th, Luc 160th, Rec 180th, Top 6

Sav 186th, Wheel 204th, Ryder 213th, Camp 259th, Top 9

Caron 284th, March 287th, Seg 320th, Arniel 321st, Top 12

Pail 379th and Thorn 407th. Ice time should be even lower or non existant.

March's mins have started to rise since being added to Berg's line.
    Seg is getting nothing, a 1 game callup of Arniel got the same mins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's interesting stuff, but I'd prefer one Mike Bossy and two Steve Kaspars over three Mike Gartners.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

NAS your still dreaming of days without the CAP

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd take the 3 gartners

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Bruin's top 6:
    [QUOTE]NAS your still dreaming of days without the CAP
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Bossy:  $8M

Kaspar:  $2M

Kaspar:  $2M

vs.

Gartner: $4M x 3

Both equal $12M

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Agreed NAS.  Would we be better off with a parise and two kids or vets like marchand, recchi, etc or ryder and sturm?  You be the judge.  No4, as someone who works with statistics, sometimes you need to weed out the misleading numbers and go with what your head tells you. 

How do the bruins top 6 stack up with the top tms ahead of them in the NHL (det, tb, phi, van, penguins), or last years cup team and final 4 teams in chi, sj, phi, mtl.  It would be great if we had a legit guy like Mike Cammaleri on this team.  I like that group for depth in top 6, I would absolutely trade in ryder, wheeler, and savvy's money for richards, parise, savvy from 2 years ago, etc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Numbers do skew, but they also average out, we may be low in the top end but we are better in the middle and lower ends and that is why we are competing.

Ryder is no Crosby, but he is also better than a Kennedy Dupuis or Letestu. Comparing apples to oranges doesn`t work, so neither will different organizations top 6, because they are playing their games to different systems, and the B`s system is the most mind numbing.

So the best you can do is compare goals and goals against and it looks like the B`s are in the top with the 2nd best differential.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Loved Bossy, averaged 57 goals over 10 years.
    Kasper averaged 17 goals over his career, so total 57 + 17 +17 = 91

but I take 3 Gartners, averaged 40 goals a season over his career, 8 40+, 8 30+ and a 50 goal season. 40 + 40 + 40 = 120 The difference is a 30 goal scorer, wish we had 1 of those too.

Be nice to have either though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Loved Bossy, averaged 57 goals over 10 years. Kasper averaged 17 goals over his career, so total 57 + 17 +17 = 91 but I take 3 Gartners, averaged 40 goals a season over his career, 8 40+, 8 30+ and a 50 goal season. 40 + 40 + 40 = 120 The difference is a 30 goal scorer, wish we had 1 of those too. Be nice to have either though.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Going by points, it breaks down to 214 for the Bossy line and 225 for the Gartner triplets.  This is just getting as ridiculous as it gets, and I'm laughing while I'm typing this, but honestly, two Steve Kaspers are going to prevent more goals than two Mike Gartners.  Incredibly stupid conversation we're having, totally started by me, but fun anyway.

(This is the type of stuff you'd see in a Red Sox forum, or a comic book store.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruin's top 6 : Going by points, it breaks down to 214 for the Bossy line and 225 for the Gartner triplets.  This is just getting as ridiculous as it gets, and I'm laughing while I'm typing this, but honestly, two Steve Kaspers are going to prevent more goals than two Mike Gartners.  Incredibly stupid conversation we're having, totally started by me, but fun anyway. (This is the type of stuff you'd see in a Red Sox forum, or a comic book store.)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I'll take it. But only with three Glen Featherstone's on the bench to protect them...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Regular season, I think Bergy will be our best forward this year.  Come playoff time though, i honestly think Horton will be the guy.  He's never been in a playoff series before and i think he will be extra pumped that he's finally playing for a Stanley Cup.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

not sure how a cutoff of 20 points in 51 games would qualify as a top 6 forward.

berg at .8 pts / game is the highest ppg with a big drop from there.  good that they aren't reliant on one guy to drive the offence, but would be nice to have a clear star.

Sections
Shortcuts