Bruins top 6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Bruins top 6

Oldest player is 26, all signed thru nxt yr, all have a ring.  analyze it in anyway you wish, what team would you trade top 6 for top 6?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Bruins top 6

In Response to Bruins top 6:
    Oldest player is 26, all signed thru nxt yr, all have a ring.  analyze it in anyway you wish, what team would you trade top 6 for top 6?
    Posted by Neecic

Wouldn't trade for any, but if I had to choose a second favorite... probably the Blues. Young and talented as well... Backes, Oshie, Perron, Berglund, McDonald, Stewart...

Also their top 4 d-men are sick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

very good call, blues are my western team.  and they are huge, mcdonald is the only small guy. chi, sj, phi are the other contenders that come to mind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins top 6:
    very good call, blues are my western team.  and they are huge, mcdonald is the only small guy. chi, sj, phi are the other contenders that come to mind.
    Posted by Neecic

I was also thinking Edmenton... of course they're very young but theres a ton of talent there. Philly's a good one, I actually like the Flyers a lot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

we don't have a top six. We have a top five, as Peverly's skills are great with kelly on the third, but are not productive as a scorer. sure he filled in for bergie on faceoffs, but his speed and constant movement are better for the 3rd. Objectives should be, a top six sniper/scorer, and I don't expect Nash or Parise, so it/he would come in a trade for Timmy. Here's fantasy for you: trade Timmy to TB for St. Louis and Nate Thompson. St Louis joins Kreji/Lucic, and Thompson centers a new 4th line with Caron and Hendrickson

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

bogie
    I think most are considering Horton a top-6 guy.
    Peverley was on a 60-point pace before he went down to injury, and was the B's leading scorer in the Caps series.
    I don't think Timmy would get MSL in return, and frankly I don't think he's what they need. They have enough playmakers; they need finishers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Bruins top 6:
    Posted by Neecic

Pittsburgh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Yeah Pitt comes to mind.....being a lifelong B's fan I'm not huge on their style, but when they're that good, it's hard to turn away.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah Pitt comes to mind.....being a lifelong B's fan I'm not huge on their style, but when they're that good, it's hard to turn away.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing

Crosby, Malkin and four other guys?  Deal.  Not a second of thought.  Deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Neal, a fire hydrant, Rob Brown.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Pittsburgh, and yeah, you'd have to give Edmonton a hard look.  Tampa is there too, despite not being a good team. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Sorry Guywtthing. I did pass on Horton since he might not come back healthy, but even if he did, his production was not equal to what a real scoring/sniper might bring. we noted what Seguin can do with either Kreji or Bergeron. NAS might prefer moving Marchand, but he sure helped that line sing during the season, and we really need to question if Kreji's line would be better with Seguin's talent or Horton's. Certainly gives us a lot of discussion threads.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i'll take Chicago's top four of Toews, Kane, Sharp & Hossa and fill the other two spots with bodyguards....

LA's not too shabby either with Kopitar,Richards, Carter, Brown & Williams....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Gotta agree with NAS, not a second of thought for top 6 - Pittsburgh. Their problem is the bottom six.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Pitt, maybe Chicago and St. Louis. Would take a hard look at Philly and I hate to say it, Vancouver.
    This exercise proves that it's probably depth that matters as much as your top 6, eh?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Neal, a fire hydrant, Rob Brown.
    Posted by Bookboy007

You forgot Dan Quinn, or was that your fire hydrant?

But seriously, if there were no cap concerns then yes, the Pens top 6 is probably the best. Hawks top 6 are also pretty damn good. But if we figure the cap contstraints in this then there is a reason both teams are no longer in the playoffs and it has much to do with having a top-heavy team with little extra money to get top quality 3rd and 4rth liners. I like the B's roster for the most part and think there just has to be a couple tweaks in order for them to have another good run in 2013.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

There is no other top-six I would take in place of Boston's. I think Pitt's Crosby-Neal-Kunitz is pretty awesome, but I'm not a fan of Malkin for character reasons, and the second set of wingers drops off dramatically. Anyone see Gino berating Neal on the ice in game 6? Wouldn't want that on my team no matter how good he is. St. Louis and Chicago are good, I have no use for Vancouver's group. Philidelphia's forwards are deep and impressive... I would say they are the group that give Boston's a go, even moreso if you are comparing a top-9. Edmonton, if they draft Yakupov, may look pretty good and really young, but until they establish themselves the jury's out a bit. I don't think any other team has the mix of skill, power, agitator, two-way play and so on, from your top player to your sixth.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Good point, I'm sure if you compare top-6 groups with total cap hits factored in, the Bruins' group would look even better...

In Response to Re: Bruins top 6 : You forgot Dan Quinn, or was that your fire hydrant? But seriously, if there were no cap concerns then yes, the Pens top 6 is probably the best. Hawks top 6 are also pretty damn good. But if we figure the cap contstraints in this then there is a reason both teams are no longer in the playoffs and it has much to do with having a top-heavy team with little extra money to get top quality 3rd and 4rth liners. I like the B's roster for the most part and think there just has to be a couple tweaks in order for them to have another good run in 2013.
    Posted by jmwalters

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Who are the top 6 players for the Bruins?  If you are going to include two defensemen, forget it.  I would keep these top 6 players

But if you are going to trade top 6 offense players for a top best six offense players from another team, I would do it in a heart beat.  

Bruins top 6 scorers are not even with Pittsburgh, St. Louis, maybe Washington, Vancouver, etc.

Other than having Sequin, Bruins do not have a great scorer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

GoUconn, what? Top 6 refers to the top 2 forward lines. Not 6 best players...

I would trade for Pitt without a second thought.

Philly, St Louis, I actually really like Colorado's top 2 centers. Washington's top 6 is very good. Dallas and Vancouver are also quite good. Tampa. Its hard to find a team with a BAD top 6.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I know the Sharks are usually a bad playoff team, but their top 6 is pretty much unfair...

Jumbo Joe, Patrick Marleau, Logan Couture, Martin Havlat, Joe Pavelski, Ryan Clowe...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It's unfair for Sharks fans that they have to watch that boring group of under-achievers.

I know the Sharks are usually a bad playoff team, but their top 6 is pretty much unfair... Jumbo Joe, Patrick Marleau, Logan Couture, Martin Havlat, Joe Pavelski, Ryan Clowe...
    Posted by mannyortez3424

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

It's unfair for Sharks fans that they have to watch that boring group of under-achievers. In Response to Re: Bruins top 6 :
    Posted by OatesCam

Man are they ever.I have given up picking any Sharks in my hockey pools as they have let me down EVERY year.The oddsmakers always seem to fall in love with them and are surely disappointed every year as well. Doug Wilson has tried adding different players every year to push them over the top(ie:Blake,Roenick,Lemieux,Heatley,Boyle,Niemi etc) to no avail.The only constants have been Thornton and Marleau, i think the next change has to start with one of them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Philly...Briere and Giroux are showing game break talent that we don't have. If they had a goalie they might win it all even with all the injuries. Send them TT for Vanriemsdyk.

Sections
Shortcuts