Bruins top 6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Bruins top 6

Yes, Boston's forwards never come through in big games. And Philly would love to have 11 mil invested in goaltending. Great thoughts!!

In Response to Re: Bruins top 6:
    [QUOTE]Philly...Briere and Giroux are showing game break talent that we don't have. If they had a goalie they might win it all even with all the injuries. Send them TT for Vanriemsdyk.
    Posted by number08[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Philly...Briere and Giroux are showing game break talent that we don't have. If they had a goalie they might win it all even with all the injuries. Send them TT for Vanriemsdyk.
    Posted by number08[/QUOTE]
    Why would PC want to help Philly win?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

The Bruins have an over-rated top 6 imo. This team won the cup because of defense and goaltending.

I'd take these teams top 6 in a heartbeat: Edmonton, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Vancouver, Philly, and probably Tampa Bay

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins have an over-rated top 6 imo. This team won the cup because of defense and goaltending. I'd take these teams top 6 in a heartbeat: Edmonton, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Vancouver, Philly, and probably Tampa Bay
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]
    Ols, like some others have said, the combined salaries of the 6 players make the Bruins top 6 very easy to like. For instance, Pitt will spend 7 million more than Boston next year for their top 6. I like the idea that PC can use that money for 2 more 3rd liners or a goalie and a D-man.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

This Tampa talk blows my mind. Sure, you take Stamkos over Seguin (for now), but do you take St Louis over Bergeron? From there it gets way more lopsided. Krejci > Lecavalier, Lucic > Purcell, Marchand >> Malone, Horton >>>Pyatt. Other than Stamkos, Boston is better. Also, the OP pointed out the age of the Bruins at <26. St. Louis has started to decline as he pushes 40 and Levavalier, who hasn't been the same since shoulder surgery, declines further every year while the Bruins are improving. I think Seguin will be bridging the gap with Stamkos as soon as next year too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins have an over-rated top 6 imo. This team won the cup because of defense and goaltending. I'd take these teams top 6 in a heartbeat: Edmonton, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Vancouver, Philly, and probably Tampa Bay

Boston's top six combined for 145 goals this season. Only Pitts put up better numbers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

There you go. I think that surprises a lot of people. The Bruins have a real edge in second line wings. No one else has two sets of wings that can potentially score 30 goals.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins top 6 : Boston's top six combined for 145 goals this season. Only Pitts put up better numbers.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Think that you want, the Bruins top 6 is over-rated. If you put the kind of offensive talent on those teams I mentioned with the defense and goaltending and system of the Boston Bruins, I highly suspect they would also be @ the top of the conference.

As far as OC's comments, I disagree. Im not that high on Vinny LeC or Krejci, but I'd take St. Louis over Bergeron, yes ( for the next two years, then Bergeron). I really just think that Stamkos makes it all worth it. The reason Im saying Tampa is because I am focusing on high end goal scoring. But anyways, they were the reach in the group I listed.

Edmonton, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Vancouver, Philly

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Think that you want, the Bruins top 6 is over-rated. If you put the kind of offensive talent on those teams I mentioned with the defense and goaltending and system of the Boston Bruins, I highly suspect they would also be @ the top of the conference. As far as OC's comments, I disagree. Im not that hight on Vinny LeC or Krejci, but I'd take St. Louis over Bergeron, yes ( for the next two years, then Bergeron). I really just think that Stamkos makes it all worth it. The reason Im saying Tampa is because I am focusing on high end goal scoring. But anyways, they were the reach in the group I listed. Edmonton, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Vancouver, Philly
    Ols, it's hard to go wrong with any of the groups you listed. It all comes down to how each GM chooses to build. The "Bruins model" can work but as we saw this year, it can also come up short. Cheers!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Sochi is two years away. Four of the Bruins top 6 will get invites to the Olympic tryouts for their respective countries and one is an absolute lock to make it (Krejci) with 3 having good chances (Looch, Bergeron and Seguin). Not many other teams in this league that can say that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I'd be willing to bet that BECAUSE we have 2 top lines that are so close in skill level that we don't have one line with a 40 goal scorer. The top 2 lines split their ice time so evenly they don't get to play 20 minutes a night to try and put up more goals.

If someone feels inclined lets look at a point-per-minute number of the top scorers and our players?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Since you asked, this is how how Seguin stacks up that way compared to the top ten scorers this season. He scored at a pace of 1 point for every 20:30 of ice time

Malkin 1/14:46
    Stamkos 1/18:38
    Giroux 1/17:48
    Spezza 1/19:00
    Kovalchuk 1/22:40
    Kessel 1/20:03
    Tavares 1/20:40
    Neal 1/18:54
    Sedin 1/19:20
    Elias 1/20:40

Following this averaage, an increase to 20:30 a game in his icetime would be enough to put Seguin at a point per game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Sochi is two years away. Four of the Bruins top 6 will get invites to the Olympic tryouts for their respective countries and one is an absolute lock to make it (Krejci) with 3 having good chances (Looch, Bergeron and Seguin). Not many other teams in this league that can say that.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Bergeron basically sat on the bench in the last olympics, he was injured, but that Canadian line-up is absolutely loaded. All three bruins players will have a tough time cracking the line-up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

And thats based off his last year totals. I bet his third year he'll be better.

I never realized how obscene Malkin is.

I think points per minute would be more accurate than PPG. Suprised its not tracked more heavily.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins top 6 : Bergeron basically sat on the bench in the last olympics, he was injured, but that Canadian line-up is absolutely loaded. All three bruins players will have a tough time cracking the line-up.

Especially the two centres. Canada's depth at that position is nuts. Looch may have an easier time on the LW. But they'll at least get camp invites.

Krejci, Seids, Chara and Rask are locks already though I think.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bruins top 6 : Pittsburgh.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Ahhh ya.  Clearly Pitt, Phi, Chi, Blues are close, Red Wings, there are plenty. 

What so many on here forget is that there are lots of top 6 combinations who might have won the cup if their goalie had a better than 950% save percentage, and a combination of chara and seidenberg absolutely dominating first lines.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Good point, I'm sure if you compare top-6 groups with total cap hits factored in, the Bruins' group would look even better... In Response to Re: Bruins top 6 :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Exactly OatesCam. We have all seen excellent deep teams do well with 4 decent lines then go to hell once a few of their stars get the big raise. Tampa Bay from 2004 is a perfect example of this. The three big guys St. Louis, Richards, and Lecavalier were still relatively cheap and they won the cup that year with some decent forward depth. Then all three needed new contracts and suddenly TB thinned out, had to let their #1 goaltender go and they have never been the same.

The holy grail for GM's is for good balance between the depth of its team and keeping their skilled players, all fitting under the cap. So far PC has done well but only really because most of the B's core are still restricted FA's. The hard part for PC will be the end of 2013 when Seguin, Lucic, Marchand, and Horton are all due new contracts and, as in the case of Seguin, significant raises. He can talk about the need for depth all he wants but if he goes and signs some Joel Ward types for $3.5 million a year then he will have to cut some of the skilled players loose.

Some hard choices will need to be made.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]And thats based off his last year totals. I bet his third year he'll be better. I never realized how obscene Malkin is. I think points per minute would be more accurate than PPG. Suprised its not tracked more heavily.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

It's definitely an interesting stat, and I don't know anywhere that tracks it. I had to calculate thse numbers myself.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Check out this beauty:
    http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_statistics.php?ds=20&f1=2011_s&f2=5v5&c=0+1+3+5+2+4+6+7+10+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67+17+18+19+20#

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Nice OatesCam. Points per 60 is definitely interesting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Thanks OC

And Carter Camper is 14th - priceless.