1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stunner416. Show stunner416's posts

Bruins trade Penner/Lehtonen for G Anton Khudobin from Wild

Just seen this via TSN Tradecentre.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Bruins trade Penner/Lehtonen for G Anton Khudobin from Wild

In Response to Bruins trade Penner/Lehtonen for G Anton Khudobin from Wild:
    Just seen this via TSN Tradecentre.
    Posted by stunner416

I like it.  Better him than the 3rd goalie options currently available.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Depth trade?  Preparations for the future? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I always thought Lehtonen was pretty good NHL caliber player.  But didn't he go to Sweden to play there?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Wheeler and Lehtonen gone in the same year.  Someone will be in mourning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, Mikko quit and went home.

That's probably not fair. He saw the writing on the wall.  He wasn't getting much of a shot in the Bruin plan.  He's the kind of guy who will score in the A but doesn't have the speed or quickness or whatever to succeed in the NHL.  Maybe that changes in Minnesota, and he's apparently scoring well in Sweden, so who knows?  But he hasn't been in Boston's plan, so hey, this is about as good as trading Soderberg.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Just had a quick look - Mikko's better than a ppg player in the SEL with 29 goals this year.  That makes him better than Soderberg.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins trade Penner/Lehtonen for G Anton Khudobin from Wild:
    Wheeler and Lehtonen gone in the same year.  Someone will be in mourning.
    Posted by DrCC

Same size, smae physical game.Glad they gone...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The fact the Bs don't have too many prospects in goal it is not a bad deal. Stanley will be disappointed once again, Wheeler now Lehtonen.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I just did some research on this dude Khudobin...

First of all, he's from Khazakstan so that's awesome and hilarious...

Secondly, he's been very good everywhere he's been:

WHL: 23-13-3, 2.90 GAA, .917 SV%
    ECHL: 20-1-4, 1.98 GAA, .934 SV%
    AHL: 2-2-1, 1.99 GAA, .911 SV%
    NHL: 2-1-0, 1.54 GAA, .942 SV% and a shutout

Those ECHL numbers are ridiculous...I wonder what his deal is because if I was a GM I wouldn't trade those numbers...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...and it puts him second overall in league scoring!

Stanley may have been right about him, just had the wrong league.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

With Rask being an RFA. I think this is a formality of PC covering his basis. I know BBreins & Krejci46 will be ALLLLLLL over this & think this DEFINATELY means TT or Rask is going! I think this is a "just in case" move." I think Rask will be asking for a little more money, but PC maybe a little reluctant to do so because of the difference in Rask play over the last two seasons. I AM NOT BLAMING RASK for his "off year" I am just saying that this is a GM doing his job & if Rask ends up asking, or going to arbitration and gets rewarded something the B's don't agree with? PC now has what looks like a decent prospect back in the loop.
    Rask IMHO is still the B's future & TT will most likely finish out his contract as a Bruin.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like it.  Never heard of Khudobin in my life, but there doesn't seem to much in the goalie prospect pipeline, so at least maybe he and Gothberg will push Hutchinson, Dalton, Shaeffer, and Chourchraine (none of which are looking too sharp) out of the way for AHL playing time in the coming years.

Plus, this team cleary needs a Kazak on the squad...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

With Rask being an RFA. I think this is a formality of PC covering his basis. I know BBreins & Krejci46 will be ALLLLLLL over this & think this DEFINATELY means TT or Rask is going! I think this is a "just in case" move." I think Rask will be asking for a little more money, but PC maybe a little reluctant to do so because of the difference in Rask play over the last two seasons. I AM NOT BLAMING RASK for his "off year" I am just saying that this is a GM doing his job & if Rask ends up asking, or going to arbitration and gets rewarded something the B's don't agree with? PC now has what looks like a decent prospect back in the loop. Rask IMHO is still the B's future & TT will most likely finish out his contract as a Bruin.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Rask is not a RFA until 2012 -13 as he is signed next season at a cap hit of 1.250 million so there is not going to be any arbitration for awhile.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

I just did some research on this dude Khudobin... First of all, he's from Khazakstan so that's awesome and hilarious... Secondly, he's been very good everywhere he's been: WHL: 23-13-3, 2.90 GAA, .917 SV% ECHL: 20-1-4, 1.98 GAA, .934 SV% AHL: 2-2-1, 1.99 GAA, .911 SV% NHL: 2-1-0, 1.54 GAA, .942 SV% and a shutout Those ECHL numbers are ridiculous...I wonder what his deal is because if I was a GM I wouldn't trade those numbers...
    Posted by mannyortez3424

Very Nice How Much

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

With Rask being an RFA. I think this is a formality of PC covering his basis. I know BBreins & Krejci46 will be ALLLLLLL over this & think this DEFINATELY means TT or Rask is going! I think this is a "just in case" move." I think Rask will be asking for a little more money, but PC maybe a little reluctant to do so because of the difference in Rask play over the last two seasons. I AM NOT BLAMING RASK for his "off year" I am just saying that this is a GM doing his job & if Rask ends up asking, or going to arbitration and gets rewarded something the B's don't agree with? PC now has what looks like a decent prospect back in the loop. Rask IMHO is still the B's future & TT will most likely finish out his contract as a Bruin.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Just wanted to say I'm really digging these Gilles Gilbert avatars! Absolutely my favorite Bruins goalie of all time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Trading the rights to Mikko?

And no one notices that this is freakin brilliant???

You gotta be shiiten me.

If that isn't genius, then what is?

Or is this some kind of deal like - hey, you totally stiffed us for Manny F, how about some pay back?  aw c'mon.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins trade Penner/Lehtonen for G Anton Khudobin from Wild : Very Nice How Much
    Posted by Tuckerw3

Hahaha...wah wah wee wah...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Trading the rights to Mikko? And no one notices that this is freakin brilliant??? You gotta be shiiten me. If that isn't genius, then what is? Or is this some kind of deal like - hey, you totally stiffed us for Manny F, how about some pay back?  aw c'mon.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Brilliant! lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Posted by nitemare-38

speaking of BBR, what's going on with him. all of a sudden the stupid half shirt is gone and his posts seem more reasonable. his posts are no longer 10 paragraphs to say how pc is such a bad gm.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I looked up Khudonin on youtube and this was the first result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgvNlCHd0wc

lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I like this guy.  I really do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84NuiUyXcWA

Based on ... well... nothing... nothing except premonition, I think this guy will make it .

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Maybe a 2nd Thomas, same size, both have a good record in the minors. It seems a good trade.
    Rask is disappointing this year. He probably lost a few points with P.C. and C.J.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I like this guy.  I really do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84NuiUyXcWA Based on ... well... nothing... nothing except premonition, I think this guy will make it .
    Posted by BadHabitude

haha.  That interview reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_w4MV_LwMw

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

He is 100% proof that goalies are nuttier than squirrel shiite.

I also like him a lot.

Min GM, should be fired, he is 2nd string to Backstrom, they sign Theodore, he is 3rd string.

Backs goes down with hip flexor, Theod suffers same fate, he finishes games against Nash gives a goal on 5 shots.

Gives up goal noted above to Col and 2 others in 17 shots to Col.

Ok he is settled in, he shuts out the Canucks, then 1 goal to Edm a 2-1 record this year. His career record is 4-1 1SO 1.39 GAAvg .955 Save% and he gives him away.

Pc has made a decent deal here, a def in case, TT goes down and TR can't get back to where he was last year.

I could see this kids interviews for a long time coming.

Sections
Shortcuts