Bruins trade rumour

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Bruins trade rumour

In this article 5 names are mentioned. Who do you like ?

* Kostitsyn's age was left out of questionnaire . He is 26.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/28/bruins-looking-to-make-a-trade/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Re: Bruins trade rumour

is it really even close? Caron & Bartkowski for Bourque & a minor league filler....maybe, maybe? Mcquaid & Caron, love to see Kampher in there, then Bartkowski as your 7th D call up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I really think it's still too early to make a trade.  In all actuality this is their September if you go by a typical offseason break.

I'd give it another couple of weeks and see how things shake out.  They have the talent to catch up in midseason if they have too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Maybe the Bergeron-Boyes magic could come back; Perhaps Rene Bourque could keep putting the puck in the net, but he would be pricey; Do the Bruins need another young center who is a work in progress like Turris? A return to the initial lines, plus Seguin with Bergeron could right the ship, let's wait and see tonight. Let's also see how well the existing defense plays against the speedy mighty mites.It wasn't just lack of finish that was out of wack in the last game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Good for PC... he knows that this is this year, and last season is over.
    Get some help on the wing - move Seguin to Center - do the math

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

R bourque would be great w pev and Kelly. Right on Jwen, seguin is now our best offensive forward, move him to 1st line center, but do we keep krejci?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Bruins trade rumour:
    [QUOTE]R bourque would be great w pev and Kelly. Right on Jwen, seguin is now our best offensive forward, move him to 1st line center, but do we keep krejci?
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

After 6 games of not scoring people ask this question. Players go through stretches like this . What I remember is he led this team in points during the regular and playoff seasons.

It would have to be a heck of a deal for me to say trade Krejci . I'm not giving up on him after 6 games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Age wise and the fact that PC likes his versatile centers, I would certainly call Maloney to kick the tires on Turris. The problem is if say the Yotes wanted a starting Dman in return, the Bruins are already thin on the blueline. That means Chiarelli would have to make two trades IMO cause Bartkowski then moves up to the #7 Dman and we know he's not ready when injuries occur.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I wouldn't trade Krejci, unless you're talking about a Nash level forward.
    It seems like the B's strong suit is looked upon like some type of problem when it's a blessing. Seguin - Krejci - Bergeron ...talk about stong down the middle -wow.
    I'd go to war with those three. If Caron can fill the wing on the 3rd line, then this team is one dynamic wing away from what should be the most balanced attack in the NHL. Who wouldn't want that?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FUhabs. Show FUhabs's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't trade Krejci, unless you're talking about a Nash level forward. It seems like the B's strong suit is looked upon like some type of problem when it's a blessing. Seguin - Krejci - Bergeron ...talk about stong down the middle -wow. I'd go to war with those three. If Caron can fill the wing on the 3rd line, then this team is one dynamic wing away from what should be the most balanced attack in the NHL. Who wouldn't want that?
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Agree..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Why not Ray Whitney from Phoenix?? This guy can still play. Bring him here for his leadership and put him in a line with Bergy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

What am I missing on Turris?  Isn't this kid about as big a bust as Hamill (same draft year).

131gp 19-27-46 career stat line

Pass.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]What am I missing on Turris?  Isn't this kid about as big a bust as Hamill (same draft year). 131gp 19-27-46 career stat line Pass.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

You are on a hot streak.  I may remove my Peace Bond against you. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Because of his age, contract length, cap hit and skill, Rene Bourque would be a good fit on any team. Not so sure it would be a good move for the Bruins at this time. I don't think he would do much better than Caron or Pouliot with 8 minutes per game. He would have to bump someone else down the roster to be productive, not sure who that would be. Not Marchand, Lucic, Horton or Seguin. Peverley? Don't know that he is an improvement there. Maybe.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't trade Krejci, unless you're talking about a Nash level forward. It seems like the B's strong suit is looked upon like some type of problem when it's a blessing. Seguin - Krejci - Bergeron ...talk about stong down the middle -wow. I'd go to war with those three. If Caron can fill the wing on the 3rd line, then this team is one dynamic wing away from what should be the most balanced attack in the NHL. Who wouldn't want that?
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

I don't see it as a blessing other than the fact that it gives you the opportunity to trade one of them (i.e. Krejci). Sure they are all good and Seguin has the potential to be great, but here is where the problem lies: we've got 3 top-two-line centers. None of those guys are a 3rd line center due to skill/cost. So the most logical solution (given the right/skilled) return, would be to trade from a position of strength for a position of weakness. Move Seguin to either the 1st or 2nd line center position, which will be his future position by most accounts and get him a wingman that can match his vision/speed. Who that is, I dont know, but the return for Krejci, who I happen to really like/appreciate, has to be good enough to pull the trigger.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins trade rumour:[QUOTE]What am I missing on Turris?  Isn't this kid about as big a bust as Hamill (same draft year). 131gp 19-27-46 career stat line Pass. Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

3 points in 4 career playoff games against Detroit also I looked at his game logs during his 65 games last year, typically when he got over 13Mins TOI he produced. It would depend on what Maloney wants in return. I certainly wouldn't over pay for him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

HUGE FAN of the Rene Bourque solution....This would be a great move. Who would we need to give up to get him? Krejci??? or Boychuck???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]What am I missing on Turris?  Isn't this kid about as big a bust as Hamill (same draft year). 131gp 19-27-46 career stat line Pass.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't word it quite so strongly, but I have basically the same question.

What is so great about Turris?

Boyes turned in that 43 goal season and has been steadily declining ever since.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I like Boyes because he's a UFA next year, we can afford his cap hit, and he's proven he could score goals.  Put him on Bergeron's wing with Marchand and see if you can get 25+ goals out of him and I'd say money well spent

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

My pick is Bourque.  When hes on his game he is great, but he does go into scoring slumps much like most of the B's are currently in.  The only thing that worries me is what it will take to get him. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]My pick is Bourque.  When hes on his game he is great, but he does go into scoring slumps much like most of the B's are currently in.  The only thing that worries me is what it will take to get him. 
    Posted by Rufus604[/QUOTE]

Calgary needs to get younger and rebuild.  They'll want draft picks, prospects, or... they may want someone to take Kipper's spot, like another good, young Finn?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins trade rumour : Calgary needs to get younger and rebuild.  They'll want draft picks, prospects, or... they may want someone to take Kipper's spot, like another good, young Finn?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

If I'm Calgary these 4 would be available.
    Bourque to Boston for Tukka.  Done deal.
    Kipper/Iggy to Detroit for 1st, 2nd round picks, Fippula/Helm prospect.
    JBo to montreal for Gomez and a 1st rounder.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins trade rumour : Calgary needs to get younger and rebuild.  They'll want draft picks, prospects, or... they may want someone to take Kipper's spot, like another good, young Finn?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

don't they have exactly that already?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hire me or fire me if your are Calgary

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Hire me or fire me if your are Calgary
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Fired if you deal J-Bo for Gomez and a pick. J-Bo still has some upside(former Olympian who's still only 28). I'm not sure the same can be said of Gomez. I'd be happy if Boston could get J-Bo for the right price. He averaged over 40 points in the 4 years before going to Calgary. Playing behind Chara on the depth chart might help him reacquire his scoring touch. Boychuk+Kampfer and a 1st. Calgary could then decide on resigning Boychuk or re-tooling through free-agency.