Bruins trade speculation tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bruins trade speculation tracker

I'll update this first entry with all the trade speculation candidates.

*Speculation* mind you,  not the last minute stuff that they publish just before the deal gets done.

So far we have one trade that happened, but not to the Bruins of course (Ryder).  Let's see how many of these guys move and if any end up with the Bruins.

Iginla (a perenial favorite)

Daniel Alfredsson 

Corey Perry

Clarke MacArthur

Danny Briere

Sidney Crosby (sarcastic post?  unsure, but oh what the heck, as legit as the others)

Michael Ryder

Troy Brouwer

Evander Kane

Brendan Morrow

Komiserak

Bobby Ryan for Krecji

Joel Ward

Ryan Clowe

Matt Cullen 

Robidas

Morrow

Carl Soderberg

*Note.  I think trade speculation is a waste of time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Bruins trade speculation tracker

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I'll update this first entry with all the trade speculation candidates.

*Speculation* mind you,  not the last minute stuff that they publish just before the deal gets done.

So far we have one trade that happened, but not to the Bruins of course (Ryder).  Let's see how many of these guys move and if any end up with the Bruins.

Corey Perry

Clarke MacArthur

Danny Briere

Sidney Crosby (sarcastic post?  unsure, but oh what the heck, as legit as the others)

Michael Ryder

Troy Brouwer

Evander Kane

And may I further this thought. Trade speculation that is made up in the minds of those who post here. 

I take notice of some of the trade speculations of respected hockey media. They are the ones with the "real" sources. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

However, Chowda, they are also the ones who need viewers, website clicks and content.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I hope this will be evidence of what a waste of time it is to speculate about this stuff.

Fantasy hockey has other outlets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

BHab, this might be your finest post, the waiters with the dancing tables notwithstanding, of course.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

However, Chowda, they are also the ones who need viewers, website clicks and content.

True that, and I wonder how many of those sources are quoting GM's that say something like 'what do I think of Corey Perry?  He's a good player, we wouldn't mind having him'

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

If you want evidence about this being a waste of time, ask NAS to provide it, he has before.  You don't need to come up with a cockamamie list to prove your point.  If you choose to use the list above to prove a point, I believe you will prove something, however your point is so small, it won't be visible from 2 inches away.

It is not a waste of time to speculate about things that interest you.  It is a waste of time to try offer approval or disapproval on the topics of interest to others.  But please, feel free to tell me what you believe has been proven when the experiment is over.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

"knowledgeable sources" are usually seeking readers to pay for their "guesses". Kevin Allen is often a bit flaky, but his comment on Chicago having "four lines that can play" points out one of the Bruins failures in not improving both the 3rd and 4th lines. The 3rd could be solved in-house with Paille, but the 4th really needs to give Campbell some help even if Paille doesn't move to the 3rd. Loyalty alone won't cut it in this shortened season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

If you want evidence about this being a waste of time, ask NAS to provide it, he has before.  You don't need to come up with a cockamamie list to prove your point.  If you choose to use the list above to prove a point, I believe you will prove something, however your point is so small, it won't be visible from 2 inches away.

It is not a waste of time to speculate about things that interest you.  It is a waste of time to try offer approval or disapproval on the topics of interest to others.  But please, feel free to tell me what you believe has been proven when the experiment is over.

Keep reading here for the next month for your answer. Then go out and buy a sci-fi fiction book to read and you'll get the same results.

Neither happened.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Corey Perry

Clarke MacArthur

Danny Briere

Michael Ryder Not speculation, actually happened.

Troy Brouwer

Evander Kane

And may I further this thought. Trade speculation that is made up in the minds of those who post here

I take notice of some of the trade speculations of respected hockey media. They are the ones with the "real" sources. 

So if 70% - 80% of the players listed get traded you were wrong that it was...well...speculation. One down that wasn't made up at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Corey Perry

Clarke MacArthur

Danny Briere

Troy Brouwer

Evander Kane

And may I further this thought. Trade speculation that is made up in the minds of those who post here

So if 70% - 80% of the players listed get traded you were wrong that it was...well...speculation. One down that wasn't made up at all.

Didn't realize anyone here posted Cole for Ryder and a 3rd rounder ? 

Can you find it for me please ? I missed it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I could care less of who's approval I got. If there's a name out there that pops up & it's an interesting one of whether he'd be a fit on the B's I'll type about it. I don't have a gun to anybody's head whether they waste their time to read about it, or respond. Nobody has a monoply on this forum no matter how much some of them think they do. Trade speculation is part of this sport. Everybody has players that may not play on the B's, but they wish they did. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I could care less of who's approval I got. If there's a name out there that pops up & it's an interesting one of whether he'd be a fit on the B's I'll type about it. I don't have a gun to anybody's head whether they waste their time to read about it, or respond. Nobody has a monoply on this forum no matter how much some of them think they do. Trade speculation is part of this sport. Everybody has players that may not play on the B's, but they wish they did. 

And nobody has a monopoly on whether comments can be made about the dumb trade ideas that are brought up here either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'll leave that up to you, I here you are good at retrieveing phantom posts. Posters heard that Ryder was on the block, mentioned it on a post and then Michael was traded so the post was correct, it's that simple.

Burned again...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

And nobody has a monopoly on whether comments can be made about the dumb trade ideas that are brought up here either.

Don't like it DONT READ IT! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Uhhhh..........you just read something you didn't like ...........and commented on it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Uhhhh..........you just read something you didn't like ...........and commented on it.

DUHHH! Yea it was my choice to! Hello???? Is anybody home at Chowda's today? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I'll leave that up to you, I here you are good at retrieveing phantom posts. Posters heard that Ryder was on the block, mentioned it on a post and then Michael was traded so the post was correct, it's that simple.

Burned again...

5....4....3....2..........^^^^^.

Imaginary trades that are player x traded for player y is my beef. Not whether a player is speculated to be moved.

Yes, burned by scatterbrain thinking again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

DUHHH! Yea it was my choice to! Hello???? Is anybody home at Chowda's today? 

DUHHH ! I don't know if it was my choice ( I think it was ) to read those trade ideas or not and comment on them being dumb either. DUHHH !

P.S. The answer to your last question. Yes, my little guy. He's 5'8".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Imaginary trades that are player x traded for player y is my beef. Not whether a player is speculated to be moved.

Ryder was traded for another player, so part of the trade was filling in the Y. Just picture Bergevin, Nieuwendyk or any other GM standing front of a whiteboard. My X player (Cole or Ryder) traded for player Y (with several players next to the letter that the GMs scouts liked).

Even you should be able to rap your brain around that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I kinda thought that a Bruins hockey forum was where someone would go to speculate and exercise some wishful thinking regarding their favorite hockey team. What is with the stamp of approval nonsense, this ain't the DMV. If you haven't figured it out yet mostly everyone on here is an over the top mental case, otherwise you wouldn't be here in the first place. It's like going to Wal-mart at night and thinking how f'd up everyone around you is...then you realize you're there also.

I mean you got a guy who preaches that the PP isn't that important, followed by 300 additional comments actually debating that absurdity, and then following up that gem by making judgments on the stupidity of others posts...get it?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

BHab, this might be your finest post, the waiters with the dancing tables notwithstanding, of course.

Thank you.  I will treasure that always.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Where is all this negativity coming from?

I didn't say stupid, I just said a waste of time.

For all you pu on this post people, aren't you interested to see what happens in the trade suggestion tracker?  Aren't we all wasting our time here when we could be feedling the homeless or providing shelter to the hungry or finding Buy Boucher a plastic surgeon?

At the end of this exercise, I'll have more fun keeping track of the speculations than I will commenting on the speculation threads.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Ryder was traded for another player, so part of the trade was filling in the Y. Just picture Bergevin, Nieuwendyk or any other GM standing front of a whiteboard. My X player (Cole or Ryder) traded for player Y (with several players next to the letter that the GMs scouts liked).

Even you should be able to rap your brain around that.

If I could understand the point you're trying to make I'd comment.  I have no idea what this has to with what I just posted. 

Sections
Shortcuts