Bruins trade speculation tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Bruins trade speculation tracker

In response to jmwalters' comment: In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to red75's comment: We've had a few threads about Ryder coming back now, but I've yet to see one reason from anyone as to why Dallas would want to trade him away.

His contract maybe...

Good find. I stand corrected. [/QUOTE]

Too bad I would've deleted it for you...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

I kinda thought that a Bruins hockey forum was where someone would go to speculate and exercise some wishful thinking regarding their favorite hockey team. What is with the stamp of approval nonsense, this ain't the DMV. If you haven't figured it out yet mostly everyone on here is an over the top mental case, otherwise you wouldn't be here in the first place. It's like going to Wal-mart at night and thinking how f'd up everyone around you is...then you realize you're there also.

I mean you got a guy who preaches that the PP isn't that important, followed by 300 additional comments actually debating that absurdity, and then following up that gem by making judgments on the stupidity of others posts...get it?

You caught me,guilty as charged. ;D

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

list updated (Brendan Morrow)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Morrow was on the original list, how about Komasarik?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Krejci

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

The player that makes more sense if hisnteam is out of a playoff spot in April the best logical choice  and the best fit for the Bruins would be Iginla...I would love to see him with a B's. jersey ..he has everything the Bruins need Skills, toughness, he is a sniper, he has experience it would be awesome to have him as a Bruin

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Morrow was on the original list, how about Komasarik?

I've been editing that original list as names come up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bingo Sandog!  Correct!  So what are the correct topics to speak of on these forums.  Back yard ice rinks?

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

So far we have one trade that happened, but not to the Bruins of course (Ryder).  Let's see how many of these guys move and if any end up with the Bruins.

Iginla (a perenial favorite)

Corey Perry

Clarke MacArthur

Danny Briere

Sidney Crosby (sarcastic post?  unsure, but oh what the heck, as legit as the others)

Michael Ryder Not speculation, actually happened.

Troy Brouwer

Evander Kane

*Note.  I think trade speculation is a waste of time.

And may I further this thought. Trade speculation that is made up in the minds of those who post here

I take notice of some of the trade speculations of respected hockey media. They are the ones with the "real" sources. 

So if 70% - 80% of the players listed get traded you were wrong that it was...well...speculation. One down that wasn't made up at all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I believe this is guys being traded to the B's, not traded anywhere.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Correct!  So what are the correct topics to speak of on these forums.  Back yard ice rinks?

I think trade speculation is a waste of time.

And may I further this thought. Trade speculation that is made up in the minds of those who post here

I take notice of some of the trade speculations of respected hockey media. They are the ones with the "real" sources. 

So if 70% - 80% of the players listed get traded you were wrong that it was...well...speculation. One down that wasn't made up at all.

So dumb for teams to do what we were thinking. If the Bruins don't want them, it's dumb for other teams to grab them as well. Yah we should reply to threads like "officials are human" and "Bingo we have a contest winner".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to jmwalters' comment: In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to red75's comment: We've had a few threads about Ryder coming back now, but I've yet to see one reason from anyone as to why Dallas would want to trade him away.

His contract maybe...

Good find. I stand corrected.

Too bad I would've deleted it for you...

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps next time I will give you a heads up....lol.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Weiss isn't on this list and don't think will be added.  He's out for the year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"I feel a great disturbance on BDC, as if millions of potential threads suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

May the Schwartz be with you! There goes my perfect 3rd line damn it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Sorry, I haven't looked through this whole posting, but what about Joel Ward. Only 2 years left at $3mil. Really good playoff performer. I know I had him in a playoff pool, and he did really well for me. Not to mention the big playoff goal he scored last year. Big guy too.

I think this is a reasonable acquisition if available.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

I'll update this first entry with all the trade speculation candidates.

*Speculation* mind you,  not the last minute stuff that they publish just before the deal gets done.

So far we have one trade that happened, but not to the Bruins of course (Ryder).  Let's see how many of these guys move and if any end up with the Bruins.

Iginla (a perenial favorite)

Daniel Alfredsson 

Corey Perry

Clarke MacArthur

Danny Briere

Sidney Crosby (sarcastic post?  unsure, but oh what the heck, as legit as the others)

Michael Ryder

Troy Brouwer

Evander Kane

Brendan Morrow

Komiserak

Bobby Ryan for Krecji

Joel Ward

*Note.  I think trade speculation is a waste of time.

Any body for krecji

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I agree with Wensink on this one.

Nobody here is a GM or a player (at least I wouldn't think so).

So unless we are simply talking about the past, aren't we always just speculating? Why is it different when people say the Bruins need to fire Geoff Ward? Or that Khudobin needs more playing time moving forward? Or how much money the Bruins should be dropping on players? Or whether or not the Bruins should bring back the "skating clown"?

Frankly, it's all we do. It's fun. There's no reason to put people down for putting on their GM caps for a while.

When you're a kid, you always grew up wanting to be a pro hockey player.

Now that we're all grown ups and that ship has sailed, we can only hope to be GM, so we speculate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

ok so if you don't want to disturb team chemistry, keep krejci. then a good left wing for kelly and pev would be thomas fleishman of florida 27 goals last year. doing good this year,healthy now, big guy   can play, +60 points last yr, signed for two more yrs.  maybe caron and a 2nd round pick??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bruins in the market for Clowe?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417496

would look nice in a B's uniform. Oh wait, SJ is still in contention and will never trade anyone, nohow....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

would look nice in a B's uniform. Oh wait, SJ is still in contention and will never trade anyone, nohow....

Doug Wilson is on record as saying he has a real good team and these guys just have to play themselves out of their funk. I think Wilson is still living off the credit from the Thornton trade. The Sharks,as constituted will never win a Cup,imo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Would love to see this happen.  It's funny to see Sharks fans on twitter speculating who they would want in return.  I saw Kelly, Peverly, Spooner, or Koko mentioned.  Straight up Kelly for Clowe, sounds about right.  Both struggling this year.  Biggest difference is Kelly is singed for $3 mil thru 15-16 and Clowe is UFA at end of the year.  Peverley can play center on a 3rd line with Clowe and whoever else PC picks up at the deadline.  Kelly appears to have come down to earth after a great run in the cup playoffs and last year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Would love to see this happen.  It's funny to see Sharks fans on twitter speculating who they would want in return.  I saw Kelly, Peverly, Spooner, or Koko mentioned.  Straight up Kelly for Clowe, sounds about right.  Both struggling this year.  Biggest difference is Kelly is singed for $3 mil thru 15-16 and Clowe is UFA at end of the year.  Peverley can play center on a 3rd line with Clowe and whoever else PC picks up at the deadline.  Kelly appears to have come down to earth after a great run in the cup playoffs and last year. 

Unfortunately, if Kelly were to go the other way then the B's would still be in the same boat as they are now with only two-thirds of a third line. I would go for picks and prospects and hope it were enough. Plus, Clowe is also an acceptable alternative to Horton if Nathan prices himself out of Beantown in July.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

I agree with Wensink on this one.

Nobody here is a GM or a player (at least I wouldn't think so).

So unless we are simply talking about the past, aren't we always just speculating? Why is it different when people say the Bruins need to fire Geoff Ward? Or that Khudobin needs more playing time moving forward? Or how much money the Bruins should be dropping on players? Or whether or not the Bruins should bring back the "skating clown"?

Frankly, it's all we do. It's fun. There's no reason to put people down for putting on their GM caps for a while.

When you're a kid, you always grew up wanting to be a pro hockey player.

Now that we're all grown ups and that ship has sailed, we can only hope to be GM, so we speculate.

You are free to post or not to post or to read or not to read this thread.

If it's fun to speculate about trades, why is it so hard to understand why it would be fun to keep track of speculative trades.

IMO there's a LOT of difference between threads talking about TOI, coaching decisions, firing coaches, backyard rinks, whether a restaurant treats a fan respectfully or not, can you id the NHL player's baby picture and etc. etc.  Those threads have to do with facts, stats, actual events, actual waiters, actual backyards and etc.

There is a a fantasy team thread.

I don't understand the speculation on trades.  I honestly and completely don't.  I don't understand  sky diving, spelunking, bull fighting or all that stuff my wife has in her make up case.  I don't understand it so I make fun of it, like those triangle sponge things my wife has in her make up case.  She also has some kind of weird scissor thing in there.

Sure she might have fun putting on her make up with all that stuff, but I don't.  It has nothing to do with hockey, same as these speculation trades.

Another speculation trade comes up, I'll note it.

I see another weird thing in that make up kit tool box my wife has, I'll also make note of it - like those little paint brushes she has.

It's fun.  More fun than you have speculating about trades.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Take Clowe in a heart beat, but it is very unlikely. I would like to see it happen though.