Bruins trade within 48 hours!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird8817. Show Bird8817's posts

Bruins trade within 48 hours!!!!

Dont know whos gone or whos coming in but its going down in Hotlanta, guaranteed!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Bruins trade within 48 hours!!!!

Wrong again, wrong again...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ooh ooh!  I hope it's that Hamill for Bogosian deal I've been hearing whispers about!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins trade within 48 hours!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Wrong again, wrong again...
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Why do say wrong again ? lol Its gonna happen and we all know it, 48 hours ? hmmmif not definately a week at the most because savard will likly be in the lineup by next weekend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Atlanta is playing great hockey so can't see them wanting a deal. I think it will have something to do with Stl and Ryder being the man out and the possiblity to get Jackman for extra d man security or best move will be low cost such Janssen(i don't like the way bruins are push around with no reaction). Savy is ready to be back with in two weeks something gotta give. I can't see bst. letting Thornton go But wheels thornton and ryder for winchester, jannsen and a conditional pick would be a possible deal for extra grit. The blues are with out berglund and perron (injuriers)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

They need to clear cap space. I wish people would figure that out. When there is a trade and/or demotion, the return will be picks/prospects.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

is it true that mcquaid over hunwick saves a million dollars??? any one know if that's right?? I'd actually PAY a million to have mcquaid over hunwick....can anyone confirm that NAS is right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

[QUOTE]is it true that mcquaid over hunwick saves a million dollars??? any one know if that's right?? I'd actually PAY a million to have mcquaid over hunwick....can anyone confirm that NAS is right?
    Posted by macdogcharm[/QUOTE]

0.825 to be exact.  Just under a million.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Bruins trade within 48 hours!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Dont know whos gone or whos coming in but its going down in Hotlanta, guaranteed!!!
    Posted by Bird8817[/QUOTE]

Someone with a substantial caphit must go at some point over the next couple of seasons. That leaves:

1) Chara
    2)Thomas
    3)Bergeron
    4) Savard
    5) Krejci
    6) Horton

How are Bruins going to make improvements this season & beyond with so much longterm capspace taken up? Especially with Rask, Seguin & Krejci due new contracts in the next 3 yrs. It is inevitable one of these guys must go. I say they deal Thomas while his value is high.

If Savard comes back & a market develops I would move him too. Longterm planning has not been Chia's strongpoint. Imagine the brutal cap shape the Bs would be in if they signed Kessel.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5

How much money do you want ? At this pace Seguin, Rask nor Caron will be earning only some of their bonuses this season. This leaves Chialrelli with 9.5Mil to spend this summer and just under 20Mil during the summer of 2012 this of course is not figuring the cap going like it usually does about 2Mil a year.

"Longterm planning has not been Chia's strongpoint. Imagine the brutal cap shape the Bs would be in if they signed Kessel."

That is why Chiarelli didn't sign Phil for long term planning. How much did you think Chiarelli really had ? or did you not bother to look to back up your point ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

The 9.5 million will be needed for  3 forwards and 2 d-men
    Depends how much Stuart will be signed for but looks manageable
    No big name free agenst but all the kids coming along will fill the holes nicely at level entry contacts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]                 http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5 How much money do you want ? At this pace Seguin, Rask nor Caron will be earning only some of their bonuses this season. This leaves Chialrelli with 9.5Mil to spend this summer and just under 20Mil during the summer of 2012 this of course is not figuring the cap going like it usually does about 2Mil a year. "Longterm planning has not been Chia's strongpoint. Imagine the brutal cap shape the Bs would be in if they signed Kessel." That is why Chiarelli didn't sign Phil for long term planning. How much did you think Chiarelli really had ? or did you not bother to look to back up your point ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you seem so upset because I have a differing opinion then you. I realize that is part of the reason Kessel wasn't brought back. I am glad too. Never was a Kessel fan.

AS for belief that there are no issues with the cap longterm. Chia has to many aging guys signed to longterm deals. Where is the flexibility? He is desperate to do something now in order to get Savard & Sturm back. What you seem to be failing to realize is that all of these good young players will require raises in the near future. Krejci, Rask, Seguin & possibly another high pick this season from Toronto. 

Not only do the Bruins need cap help now but they need it longterm. Lets also not forget other solid players will need to be brought in (PMD) to improve weaker areas on the team. You have Krejci, Bergeron & Seguin. Where does that leave Marc Savard in 2 years making 4 million per? That is a terrible contract .

So I stand by my premise that Chia has done a good job but his cap management skills leaves a lot to be desired. With Thomas' good start he may have a chance to correct it now & in the future. Lets see what he does. 

Also, what happens if the Bruins fail to get out of the 2nd round again this year. With so many NMC/NTC would you be willing to bring back the same core for a 4th season? No flexibility if this is not the right core.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm not mad and I broke it down for you the Bruins will have just under 20Mil during the summer of 2012 when Rask n Krejci need new contracts and Seguin will still have another year left on his 3 year entry level deal.

Where am I failing to see this ? Breakdown how Much it will require to sign Krejci and Rask per yer ? more than 20Mil combined ?Doubtful I don't fail to realize anything but that you like to complain about Savard and Chiarelli. Boston has plenty of money this summer and next Money mouth Money Mouth put where it is needed!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]Where does that leave Marc Savard in 2 years making 4 million per? That is a terrible contract.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think you were dumb until you said this... Savard took LESS money than he could have made elsewhere to stay in Boston!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

No Savard didn't. No team would have given a 33 yr old Savard more then 29.5 million. Lets say some team like Toronto were willing to give him a 4 yr deal at 6 million per which is being generous for Savard. THat is only 24 million. That probably would have been the best Savard could have expected & that was before the concussion.

You are being fooled by the caphit. Marc Savard taking up 4 million of the cap at age 37 is a horrible deal. Let alone until he is 40. Knowledgeable fans realize Marc Savard did not take a hometown discount. He is getting his money. Chia panicked again & signed a player on the downside of his career to a 7 yr deal when he already had 2 young centers on the roster who were already better then Savard. Chia will regret that one at some point unless he can get some sucker team to take on that contract.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]Not sure why you seem so upset because I have a differing opinion then you. Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

Are you the same guy that just said this?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird8817. Show Bird8817's posts

In Response to Bruins trade within 48 hours!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Dont know whos gone or whos coming in but its going down in Hotlanta, guaranteed!!!
    Posted by Bird8817[/QUOTE]

Update: Just saw on NHL network B's called up Jamie Arneil "on emergency basis" its gonna happen big blockbuster coming!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE] No Savard didn't. No team would have given a 33 yr old Savard more then 29.5 million. Lets say some team like Toronto were willing to give him a 4 yr deal at 6 million per which is being generous for Savard. THat is only 24 million. That probably would have been the best Savard could have expected & that was before the concussion. You are being fooled by the caphit. Marc Savard taking up 4 million of the cap at age 37 is a horrible deal. Let alone until he is 40. Knowledgeable fans realize Marc Savard did not take a hometown discount. He is getting his money. Chia panicked again & signed a player on the downside of his career to a 7 yr deal when he already had 2 young centers on the roster who were already better then Savard. Chia will regret that one at some point unless he can get some sucker team to take on that contract.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

I have to strongly disagree you some of your points on here.. First off the two young centres ( Krejci and Bergy? ) whom you think are better than Savard  are NOT! not even close. They don't bring the intangibles that Savvy brings to the team ie powerplay architect ( just look at the numbers of the Bruins PP when Savy is in the lineup) , best passer on the team , hockey smart and a leader on this team ... Both of these guys don't have it in them to be first line centres.. 2nd and 3rd for sure but #1?? .. They have been given an opportunity to do so and not taken advantage of that  opportunity while Savvy has been out ..

PC did not panic as you state..actually he was being lauded by his peers for the signing of Savard, so much that some of them called the NHL HO to investigate circumvention of the salary cap..Not what I call a panic  move.. Savard is certainly not on the downside of his career..still an easy 80-90 point guy on this team with this talent maybe more..  Down the road who knows, and frankly who cares?  .. we can't predict the future anyway so why even put it out there ..Lots can happen in 7 years bud!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I agree with you cowboys9 we need a healthy Savard no need to rush him. I would like to see Krejci traded to get d man Weber with Chara and Weber on the points will be one problem solved. Seguin will be fine as a third line center this season. With chara and weber controlling the points on PP with thier cannon shots.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins trade within 48 hours!!!! : and you are very dumb for thinking so. Krejci right now is our best forward. Look what happens when hes injured, the team struggles. Also, if you want to trade for Weber, its going to take Krejci + maybe 2 first rounders...
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Krejci for Weber! Where do I sign! This team has struggled all season. No matter who's been in the lineup!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

We shall see then. To the poster who said Krejci or Bergeron can't reach 90 points. How was Savard at 23 & 24 in his career? I easily take both Krejci & Bergy over Savard given there complete game & age. How long since Savard scored 90 points? He was not tearing up the league last season even before he got injured. He had very little chemistry with whoever he played with. A very overrated player IMO.

As for the poster who said trade Krejci. Krejci is 24 yrs old & currently our best player including Savard. Why trade him?

The only intangibles Savard has over Krejci & Bergeron is his ability to whine, dive, throw his teamates under the bus & take lazy, selfish penalties. The Bs miss Krejci much more when he is hurt then they miss Savard when he is hurt. When Krejci got hurt in the Philly series the Bruins were lost.

I am not a fan of Savard's game. Obviously most on this site are. I realize the guy is a superb playmaker when he is on.  There are just other traits in his game that annoy me. He appears to be much more valued around here then the value I place on him. That is fine. Just a disagreement.

As for the cap problem I just think Chia has to much money tied up down the middle & longterm on ageing stars. Just because we have money coming off the books doesn't mean bad contracts are okay. Regardless if we are under the cap, I think a contract like Savard's would be better used on something else down the line. But that 4 million will not be available to use on other team weaknesses down the road. That is where I feel Chia went wrong. I won't even get into the NMC/NTC's.

I

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Hey Newfie, do you count Bergeron [25] and Kreji [23] as old guys?? The only "old " guy on your list is Timmy, and he looks like he has at least two more good years as he transforms from no.1 to Tuuka's backup. Chia has done very well with his CAP plan and has been waiting for Savard to be ready. Except for defense where the mix, including Chara, have been frustratingly slow and awful passes, he has assembled a team that needs a creative coaching staff. Claude says that Atlanta plays just like the Bruins, except they seem to win. We'll get to see that today, as Claude tries to win without Savvy Kreji and Caron. IMO if he puts Arneil with anyone other than Seguin he will be shooting himself in the foot once again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Flexibility has been built into the long term deals.  NTC's disappear, and the real dollar hit for buy-outs is reduced as these deals start to wind down.  It's naive to think you can build a team without spreading out the risk that you'll need money and not have it.  The best a GM can do is keep current cap hits as reasonable as possible without hamstringing the team in the future - though some GMs won't care because they know they won't be around when it's time to pay the piper (see: Talon, Dale).

Frankly, though, I can think of nothing more foolish than trading away key pieces of your current team because Seguin, Krejci, and Rask will be up for new deals in two to three years - unless it's backing up that logic with the statement that Chia has been "panicking" and re-signing guys early.  So, on the one hand, the team should manage a problem that's three years away by making moves now, but on the other hand, the problem was caused by making moves too soon?

Game on the ice first.  Game on the spreadsheet last.  Too much Puppet Show w/ Spinal Tap thinking here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

arneil is up because Krejci has the flu bird....you are really on a hair trigger......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyDawes. Show JohnnyDawes's posts

Hopefully they dump that overpriced piece of crap Thomas for a pound of grits.
    If this deal is made the Bs come up on top !!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts