Bruins trading Seguin?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: Bruins trading Seguin?

Seguin's not going anywhere....

you don't throw the baby out with the bath water....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

PC is pretty good at his job.  I think I'll trust his judgement on this one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426595

If Dregar & Bob Mac are bringing it up there must be some merit! If they trade Seguin for anything less than a top 3 pick & top 6 forward I'll be pissed off at PC! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

If Dregar & Bob Mac are bringing it up there must be some merit! If they trade Seguin for anything less than a top 3 pick & top 6 forward I'll be pissed off at PC! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

I'd consider trading him for Evander Kane. Bruins would get a rugged winger for a future franchise center. Short of that, very few trade options that would interest me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

This is a tough situation.  As much as I want to Seguin develop, what does that even look like now? Where else would Seguin have ended up as a RW as compared to a center?  There is really no path for him to become that elite center with Krejci and Bergeron around. 

So what to do?  He is not an elite RW, but is being paid like one.  Would the team be better off moving now to let him fulfill his destiny and get back a player or pieces that better fit their needs?  Hate to even think about it, but where there's smoke there's probably some fire. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

This is a tough situation.  As much as I want to Seguin develop, what does that even look like now? Where else would Seguin have ended up as a RW as compared to a center?  There is really no path for him to become that elite center with Krejci and Bergeron around. 

So what to do?  He is not an elite RW, but is being paid like one.  Would the team be better off moving now to let him fulfill his destiny and get back a player or pieces that better fit their needs?  Hate to even think about it, but where there's smoke there's probably some fire. 

It could also just be a case of PC doing his due diligence. He has to at least listen to offers for practically anyone if someone is prepared to overpay for them.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

It could also just be a case of PC doing his due diligence. He has to at least listen to offers for practically anyone if someone is prepared to overpay for them.

[/QUOTE]

Could be dez, but that would hardly be newsworthy.  Not sure Dreger and McKenzie would cover that.

This just in:

1:35pm et: Nathan Horton has informed Boston he's moving on and exploring UFA. His UFA rights are now available in trade. - Bob McKenzie

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'd consider trading him for Evander Kane. Bruins would get a rugged winger for a future franchise center. Short of that, very few trade options that would interest me.

kane wouldn't be enough for me. jets need a centre, but how much do the bruins need a rugged left winger - they have two of those already.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Seguin's 21 and scored 29 goals last season on the wing on a team that preaches defense first....

according to McKenzie, seems Horton has informed the B'S that he's testing the market....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to red75's comment:

[QUOTE]

kane wouldn't be enough for me. jets need a centre, but how much do the bruins need a rugged left winger - they have two of those already.

[/QUOTE]

Someone would need to learn to play the off wing is all. Regardless, I have trouble imagining PC leaving the draft without Horton or Seguin. I think Tyler stays and becomes a star.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I've been super protective of Seguin since the day he was drafted. 

No longer.

Regular season is fun, but playoff production is what matters.

No only was he kept off the scoresheet almost always, he also spent most of his TOI trying not to get hit.  He's not a Boston Bruin.  He's a puss.

Deal him and get a man.

As for Horton, thanks for everything.  Good luck.  You're too inconsistent and your health is too questionable to be a top line winger here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

If they could get one of the top 3 picks and a top 6 forward even though I am a big Tyler fan I would seriously consider making that deal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Could be dez, but that would hardly be newsworthy.  Not sure Dreger and McKenzie would cover that.

This just in:

1:35pm et: Nathan Horton has informed Boston he's moving on and exploring UFA. His UFA rights are now available in trade. - Bob McKenzie

[/QUOTE]

Call me not surprised.  Greed and concusion issues.  Briere i think is a nice fall backoption.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

No longer.

No only was he kept off the scoresheet almost always, he also spent most of his TOI trying not to get hit.  He's not a Boston Bruin.  He's a puss.

Deal him and get a man.

As for Horton, thanks for everything.  Good luck.  You're too inconsistent and your health is too questionable to be a top line winger here.

Back to the Patriots board with you, this place is for hockey fans.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No longer.

Deal him and get a man.

Welcome back my friend.  Should be an interesting time.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This just in:

[/QUOTE]

Call me not surprised.  Greed and concusion issues.  Briere i think is a nice fall backoption.  

[/QUOTE]

yes to Briere....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I'm a big fan of Seguin but if the deal means they get a "king's ransom" as Dreger has reported, I understand PC listening. 

I don't think it would bother me to land top prospect, a top 6 forward and a top 10 pick this year. If some team is willing to pay top dollar, why not explore it?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

In response to mthomas43's comment:

PC is pretty good at his job.  I think I'll trust his judgement on this one.

you got it right. PC is doing what he's paid to do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Deal him and get a man.

Very rare I agree with NAS, but agree 100% here... NAS would have flamed me if I said this during the playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

This just in:

[QUOTE]

yes to Briere....

[/QUOTE]

I liked Briere... a long time ago. Isn't his health and consistency almost as questionable as Horton's right now?