Bruins trading Seguin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Bruins trading Seguin?

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

I do this deal in a heart beat.  Seguin kinda reminds me of russ courtnal.  Cap space is opened to bring another top 6 fwd in.  Drouin as a bruin would make me smile.  His hockey IQ off the charts.  

Add mathias to the 3rd line And my Briere signing.  

dk/lucic/briere bergie/drouin/marchand kelly/soder/mathias campy/paille/st

Team speed answered.  Cap hit answered. Better offensively.  

Love this if it happens.  [/QUOTE]

^This!

In love with Drouin as well, Briere would be an awesome add and yes speed would be at a premium without detracting toughness!

[/QUOTE]

Since you like this i will add weiss for the 3rd line.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

If Seguin gets dealt, that only means one thing - Chiarelli prefered Hall.  And with Horton leaving, maybe he's considering a larger retooling.  Kind of like what Chicago did a couple years ago.

I wouldn't be oppossed to this if it yielded better playoff performers.  The year they won the cup Rex was the grit for that Bergy line.  And Ryder played a grittier game than Seguin did on that 3rd line.

That's what it takes.  Character to take pucks to the face, get run over while making a play or going to the dirty areas for a scoring chance knowing you're going to get reamed.  I'm not so sure Seguin would come back after taking a puck to the face.  And we know he doesn't like to get hit or go to the dirty areas.  Maybe he should take some of his own advice - No homo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

PC is paid to listen to every offer and do what's best for the team. If that means trading Seguin so be it long as it benefits the team. I hear a lot of people banging on Seguin but no know banging on Marchand. Marchand was a complete no show in the finals, he didn't record a single point.  

Yes he was a disappointment too but he was still a big part of a successful PK and he makes considerably less than Seguin. He also performed well earlier and led the team in scoring for the regular season. I believe Seguin also is worth much more in a trade. 

Don't get me wrong dez I'm not in favor of trading Marchand just wanted to make a point that if Seguin is going to take heat so should he. 

Marchand is a better play and was captain clutch in the finals in 2011.  Seguin has nev been clutch and is being paid like a star in the league.  5.75M.  

I'll agree w/ everything you just wrote but 2011 is long gone sports are about now not 2 yrs ago. Also Brad is going make 4.5 mill this upcoming season, nothing to sneeze at. Again the point is as much heat as Seguin got Marchand deserves just as much I'm not asking for him to be traded though.

Marchand you can argue was our best player this year.  Hes awesome.  the only thing legit about the 2011 is my new found love of his game.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Marchand is a better play and was captain clutch in the finals in 2011.  Seguin has nev been clutch and is being paid like a star in the league.  5.75M.  

Marchand is a better player right now.  He wasn't at 21.  He has always been a guy who likes the clutch, but he's also prone to being a liability and is no less streaky than Seguin.  As for "Seguin has never been clutch", dude had two points in his first NHL playoff game and then a four point game in his second, both in the Eastern Conference Finals.  The goal that clinched the series against the Leafs, who's occupying two guys in front so that Bergeron can bang home the winning goal?  Game 6 vs. Chicago, whose that on the forecheck making a sweet, highly skilled play to set up Kelly for the key first goal? 

Seguin didn't look like a guy who wanted to get hit in the regular season.  When he was moved to the third line, he changed.  He forechecked like a demon, took hits to make plays, and no one could believe, with the effort he put out, that he wasn't going to break out.  He's 21.  A lot of top prospects are just finishing their rookie seasons at 21.  He's only a year older than Hamilton.  Way too many people willing to give up on this guy.  I'll be very disappointed if he goes for anything less than a king's ransom.  If it's for a pick, I'll be seriously disappoited.  Drouin's a nice player - in junior in the QMJHL.  I can easily see his name replacing Seguin's in the same discussion in three years, with some new kid that everyone thinks is the next Crosby replacing him on e-harmony. 

Seguin's the real deal.  He needs a bit more seasoning.  You don't deal that and start the development process again because eventually, you miss with that high pick and are left holding your jock.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

PC is paid to listen to every offer and do what's best for the team. If that means trading Seguin so be it long as it benefits the team. I hear a lot of people banging on Seguin but no know banging on Marchand. Marchand was a complete no show in the finals, he didn't record a single point.  

Yes he was a disappointment too but he was still a big part of a successful PK and he makes considerably less than Seguin. He also performed well earlier and led the team in scoring for the regular season. I believe Seguin also is worth much more in a trade. 

Don't get me wrong dez I'm not in favor of trading Marchand just wanted to make a point that if Seguin is going to take heat so should he. 

Stan, I know what you were implying and was simply playing devil's advocate. I'd personally be bummed if either player was moved. That said, I have faith in PC doing what is right for the organization. 

I also would be bummed if either got moved especially Marchand. Seguin is a really young player, I know his cap hit is going up but I'd hate to see them trade away a talented player like that. But I think PC is a fantastic GM and will do what's right for the team.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

When he played with Bergeron and Marchand, he was progressing. Once they traded for Jagr he had to play with Pialle and Kelly for the most part. I'm not sure if his potential has been given a fair shake here so far. Not Juliens fault, he had to find the right line combos.

I think being down on the third line, in the playoffs he was forced to concentrate more on the defensive play, whuch he actually did quite well. But thats not his strength....I'd love to see the b's put him in a position to where his talents can be utilized properly.

Right now, his stock is probably the lowest of his career. I think he's an exceptionally talented player who needs to be turned looose a bit more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

If Seguin gets dealt, that only means one thing - Chiarelli prefered Hall.  And with Horton leaving, maybe he's considering a larger retooling.  Kind of like what Chicago did a couple years ago.

I wouldn't be oppossed to this if it yielded better playoff performers.  The year they won the cup Rex was the grit for that Bergy line.  And Ryder played a grittier game than Seguin did on that 3rd line.

That's what it takes.  Character to take pucks to the face, get run over while making a play or going to the dirty areas for a scoring chance knowing you're going to get reamed.  I'm not so sure Seguin would come back after taking a puck to the face.  And we know he doesn't like to get hit or go to the dirty areas.  Maybe he should take some of his own advice - No ho mo.

Your post started with a dumb statement and finished off even dumber. Really classy stuff. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Always consider options, it is a business.  Spooner's progress, lack of a market for Peverly (although I have not so elsewhere), Horton's UFA status change, or potential trade chatter.....all is due diligence with PC.  Seguin is a larger piece on the chess board named Bs.

Don't judge me monkey!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Marchand is a better player right now.  He wasn't at 21.  He has always been a guy who likes the clutch, but he's also prone to being a liability and is no less streaky than Seguin.  As for "Seguin has never been clutch", dude had two points in his first NHL playoff game and then a four point game in his second, both in the Eastern Conference Finals.  The goal that clinched the series against the Leafs, who's occupying two guys in front so that Bergeron can bang home the winning goal?  Game 6 vs. Chicago, whose that on the forecheck making a sweet, highly skilled play to set up Kelly for the key first goal? 

Seguin didn't look like a guy who wanted to get hit in the regular season.  When he was moved to the third line, he changed.  He forechecked like a demon, took hits to make plays, and no one could believe, with the effort he put out, that he wasn't going to break out.  He's 21.  A lot of top prospects are just finishing their rookie seasons at 21.  He's only a year older than Hamilton.  Way too many people willing to give up on this guy.  I'll be very disappointed if he goes for anything less than a king's ransom.  If it's for a pick, I'll be seriously disappoited.  Drouin's a nice player - in junior in the QMJHL.  I can easily see his name replacing Seguin's in the same discussion in three years, with some new kid that everyone thinks is the next Crosby replacing him on e-harmony. 

Seguin's the real deal.  He needs a bit more seasoning.  You don't deal that and start the development process again because eventually, you miss with that high pick and are left holding your jock.

what Bookboy said....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I've been super protective of Seguin since the day he was drafted. 

No longer.

Regular season is fun, but playoff production is what matters.

No only was he kept off the scoresheet almost always, he also spent most of his TOI trying not to get hit.  He's not a Boston Bruin.  He's a puss.

Deal him and get a man.

As for Horton, thanks for everything.  Good luck.  You're too inconsistent and your health is too questionable to be a top line winger here.

Yep...good post. It suks to say it, but this is unfortunately the reality of it. What a shame to have those skills and miss the most important ingredient of all. Shouldn't have to be shamed into finally at least trying to win one on one physical battles. Don't think that's an aquired skill, you either have it in you or you don't - he ain't got it ...sad

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Personally I don't mind shopping Seguin and seeing what kind of deal is out there. If something sweet comes along then why not entertain the thought?

However, moving him is not imperative. If it is the cap space then Peverley and Kelly should be considered first. Both were complete dead wood all season....

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Was going to skip watching the draft tommorow,but it might get interesting.now

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

^^^^^^^^everybody, please read this

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Drouin was the best player.  Not a nice player.  His totals in junior are wicked.  His hockey sense was unreal on the junior stage.  Seguin was left off for the lack of.  Seguin has world class speed and skill.  I just dont think hes a natural scorer, nor do i think he makes the players hes with better.   I also hate that he dives and seems soft.  

If this deal is legit i wouldnt bat an eye.  It helps in every way.  And slotting anyone with bergie and marchand is gonna produce.  What a line that would be.   I am saying i probably saw more of drouin and mac then anyone.   Both are the real deal.  Both are champions.  Both dominated their field. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

DO NOT TRADE TYLER SEGUIN!!

It makes ZERO sense!! The people saying he was a no-show in the playoffs, are nuts.

The kid was snake bit with scoring, but he worked his butt off, every shift. He was playing with a couple of pluggers, and still finished with 70 shots. Horton playing with Krejci..38 shots (yes, I know he was injured). Jagr with Bergeron...58 shots.

And what is with the Florida trade talk? How does that make sense?

Shawn Mathias? Center (don't need) RFA coming off best year (big raise)

Jonathan Drouin? LW (don't need)

If the Bruins got the 2nd pick, it would be to aquire Seth Jones. They have no room for Drouin, without trading Lucic or Marchand.

The Bruins already seem to have lost one of their top two RW's. You don't trade the other one, now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

what we're hearing about Mackinnon & Drouin today is what we were hearing about Seguin & Hall three years ago....

i like what i've seen from Tyler.... 

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

It makes ZERO sense!! The people saying he was a no-show in the playoffs, are nuts.

The kid was snake bit with scoring, but he worked his butt off, every shift. He was playing with a couple of pluggers, and still finished with 71 shots. Horton playing with Krejci..38 shots (yes, I know he was injured). Jagr with Bergeron...58 shots.

If the Bruins got the 2nd pick, it would be to aquire Seth Jones. They have no room for Drouin, without trading Lucic or Marchand.

The Bruins already seem to have lost one of their top two RW's. You don't trade the other one, now.

what Biggskye said, too....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The kid was snake bit with scoring, but he worked his butt off, every shift. He was playing with a couple of pluggers, and still finished with 71 shots. Horton playing with Krejci..38 shots (yes, I know he was injured). Jagr with Bergeron...58 shots.

Players can play the off wing.  Peverly is also a center who plays the wing.  As does seguin.  These guys are professionals.  They can move around a bit.  Lots of centers go to wing all the time.  If you can play center you can easily play wing.  

I dont think they neec to trade seguin.  But if its for one of the top three picks i would.  In a minute.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Players can play the off wing.  Peverly is also a center who plays the wing.  As does seguin.  These guys are professionals.  They can move around a bit.  Lots of centers go to wing all the time.  If you can play center you can easily play wing.  

I dont think they neec to trade seguin.  But if its for one of the top three picks i would.  In a minute.  

Why?  That would only make sense if you were certain that pick is going to be better than Seguin.  And you don't know that. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Why?  That would only make sense if you were certain that pick is going to be better than Seguin.  And you don't know that. 

Bc it clears a lot of cap space.  Bc drouin is a great young talent who i think will be better.  I also think it gives us a lot of options to add players.  

Its just my opinion.  i will be more then happy to keep seguin.   I think its just tire  kicking.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bc it clears a lot of cap space.  Bc drouin is a great young talent who i think will be better.  I also think it gives us a lot of options to add players.  

Its just my opinion.  i will be more then happy to keep seguin.   I think its just tire  kicking.   

buying out Peverly and Kelly and retiring Savard would get more cap space

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I haven't seen this draft's players and I haven't looked at their stats either.

But I can look back at Seguin's draft and see Gudbranson (3rd pick) that was supposed to be a stud - would you now trade him straight up for Seguin?

Betting on a kid in any draft isn't a sure thing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I'm personally thrilled the see the Bruins put Seguin on the block. Some people have mentioned that Tampa Bay is interested (who holds the 3rd overall pick). Personally I would jump at the opportunity to move seguin for a guy like Drouin--The rest of the league hasn't realized that Bergeron and Marchand have been carrying Seguin, and the guy just can't create offense--in any form--on his own.

Twitter @BruinsScience

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Players can play the off wing.  Peverly is also a center who plays the wing.  As does seguin.  These guys are professionals.  They can move around a bit.  Lots of centers go to wing all the time.  If you can play center you can easily play wing.  

[/QUOTE]

I understand that, but Drouin is not a Center, he is a LW. I think it would be tough to ask a teenager to switch wings, and be expexted to produce on one of the top 2 lines in the NHL.

Also, a team that includes Drouin (5'11") Briere (5'10") and Marchand (5'9") in the top 6, does not say...BIG..BAD..BRUINS, too me.

Sections
Shortcuts