Bruins trading Seguin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Bruins trading Seguin?

In one regard I have no problem with Chiarelli performing his duties and investigating what the return would be for Seguin.  On the other hand I'm surprised his name is mentioned in trade talks at this stage of his career considering what we've seen him do on occasion. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

If Seguin gets dealt, that only means one thing - Chiarelli prefered Hall.  And with Horton leaving, maybe he's considering a larger retooling. 

Disagree that PC preffered Hall because if the cap didn't go down then I don't Seguin would be dangled. Agree that Tyler needs to toughen up no matter where he plays.

Agree that Chiarelli is looking for a larger retool without touching the core.

@Shup - Alfredsson would be a good replacement for Peverley and/or Jagr.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

PC would out of his loop to trade a talent like that...........At some point the kids gonna mature and become a man and when he does he's an automatic elite super star. I've done some coaching in the past and know for a fact that some kids mature faster than others..........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bc it clears a lot of cap space.  Bc drouin is a great young talent who i think will be better.  I also think it gives us a lot of options to add players.  

Its just my opinion.  i will be more then happy to keep seguin.   I think its just tire  kicking.   

I haven't seen this draft's players and I haven't looked at their stats either.

But I can look back at Seguin's draft and see Gudbranson (3rd pick) that was supposed to be a stud - would you now trade him straight up for Seguin?

Betting on a kid in any draft isn't a sure thing

[/QUOTE]

If you didnt see it i said im not big on drafting dmen.   Cant compare a dmans progression especially on a terrible team.  I think drouin would immediately start in the top 6.  Drouin was the best junior player in canada.  The chances of him being a bust is the same as seguin.   You cant teach what drouin does on the ice.  His vision and smarts are top notch.  Seguin doesnt anchor a pp.  drouin will.  

I dont think you go wrong by keeping him.  Im not bashing him.  

Peverly is in the player added in the rumored deal with nas favorite player coming to be a awesome tireless worker.  9 million comes off.  You replace with a young top 6 and add depth for 3rd line.  It gives you the ability to sign bergie rask and other guys like briere, weiss or clutterbuck

My ideal lineup:  dk/lucic/briere bergie/drouin/marchand kelly/mathias/clutterbuck campy/paille/st

Would be tickled pink with this lineup.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to Olsonic's comment:

I'm personally thrilled the see the Bruins put Seguin on the block. Some people have mentioned that Tampa Bay is interested (who holds the 3rd overall pick). Personally I would jump at the opportunity to move seguin for a guy like Drouin--The rest of the league hasn't realized that Bergeron and Marchand have been carrying Seguin, and the guy just can't create offense--in any form--on his own.

Twitter @BruinsScience

In the playoffs, Lucic  and Horton, playing with Krejci, combined for 80 shots. Seguin, playing with Kelly and Peverley, had 70 shots.

I'm pretty sure that shots on net are a form of offense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

Players can play the off wing.  Peverly is also a center who plays the wing.  As does seguin.  These guys are professionals.  They can move around a bit.  Lots of centers go to wing all the time.  If you can play center you can easily play wing.  

I dont think they neec to trade seguin.  But if its for one of the top three picks i would.  In a minute.  

I understand that, but Drouin is not a Center, he is a LW. I think it would be tough to ask a teenager to switch wings, and be expexted to produce on one of the top 2 lines in the NHL.

Also, a team that includes Drouin (5'11") Briere (5'10") and Marchand (5'9") in the top 6, does not say...BIG..BAD..BRUINS, too me.

[/QUOTE]

No but marchand probably could.  And the guys you mentioned replace peverly/seguin and horton.  I dont think big bad bruins with that trio either.  Horton 2011 yes.  Horton 2013 no. 

big bad bruins are still big bad bruins bc lucic, campy, st, mcQ, chara, boychuk, seidz.  Adding a lot of skill and speed means we can play any style.  Plus mathias clutterbuck gives us a great 3 rd line.  Clutterbuck is a truck.  Mathias is the try hard of the year.  Playing with kelly. Nice 3rd line. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Tomorrow sure will be interesting. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:

PC would out of his loop to trade a talent like that...........At some point the kids gonna mature and become a man and when he does he's an automatic elite super star. I've done some coaching in the past and know for a fact that some kids mature faster than others..........

Youve coached at the nhl level have you?   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

As much as a like and respect coach Julian and like Jaromir i believe Tyler should have remained with Bergy and Marhand on the second line..........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

[QUOTE]

Youve coached at the nhl level have you?   

[/QUOTE]

Heck no!  high school and some Junior tournaments............

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

As much as a like and respect coach Julian and like Jaromir i believe Tyler should have remained with Bergy and Marhand on the second line..........

I think they should have tried it.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Another player that I'd love to see as a Bruin is Chris Stewart of the Blues! He defineately fits into the mold. Hitchcock isn't a fan of his & really has busted his chops a lot in the past. So, maybe PC gets Chris, a depth player & a pick for Tyler? 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Players can play the off wing.  Peverly is also a center who plays the wing.  As does seguin.  These guys are professionals.  They can move around a bit.  Lots of centers go to wing all the time.  If you can play center you can easily play wing.  

I dont think they neec to trade seguin.  But if its for one of the top three picks i would.  In a minute.  

I understand that, but Drouin is not a Center, he is a LW. I think it would be tough to ask a teenager to switch wings, andbe expexted to produce on one of the top 2 lines in the NHL.

Also, a team that includes Drouin (5'11") Briere (5'10") and Marchand (5'9") in the top 6, does not say...BIG..BAD..BRUINS, too me.

No but marchand probably could.  And the guys you mentioned replace peverly/seguin and horton.  I dont think big bad bruins with that trio either.  Horton 2011 yes.  Horton 2013 no. 

big bad bruins are still big bad bruins bc lucic, campy, st, mcQ, chara, boychuk, seidz.  Adding a lot of skill and speed means we can play any style.  Plus mathias clutterbuck gives us a great 3 rd line.  Clutterbuck is a truck.  Mathias is the try hard of the year.  Playing with kelly. Nice 3rd line

[/QUOTE]
    It should be a nice 3rd line. With Clutterbuck and Mathias both RFA's, and in line for BIG pay-days, that 3rd line should be about an 11 to 12 Million dollar cap hit!

I understand that you have Mathias coming over in the Seguin trade, but I missed how they ended up with Clutterbuck?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Another player that I'd love to see as a Bruin is Chris Stewart of the Blues! He defineately fits into the mold. Hitchcock isn't a fan of his & really has busted his chops a lot in the past. So, maybe PC gets Chris, a depth player & a pick for Tyler? 

I love his game but hes a problem child.  No way i trade seguin for him.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

I understand that, but Drouin is not a Center, he is a LW. I think it would be tough to ask a teenager to switch wings, andbe expexted to produce on one of the top 2 lines in the NHL.

big bad bruins are still big bad bruins bc lucic, campy, st, mcQ, chara, boychuk, seidz.  Adding a lot of skill and speed means we can play any style.  Plus mathias clutterbuck gives us a great 3 rd line.  Clutterbuck is a truck.  Mathias is the try hard of the year.  Playing with kelly. Nice 3rd line

[/QUOTE]
    It should be a nice 3rd line. With Clutterbuck and Mathias both RFA's, and in line for BIG pay-days, that 3rd line should be about an 11 to 12 Million dollar cap hit!

I understand that you have Mathias coming over in the Seguin trade, but I missed how they ended up with Clutterbuck?

[/QUOTE]

Minny wants a 2nd pick for him.  Is he not a perfect bruin.  They say hes gonna be traded.  Id be offering a 2nd and a prospect.   Mathias and clutterbuck would likely be a max of 5 for both.  Add kelly 3 and thats 8 million.  These are 3rd liners.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Definetly should have put them back togeter against Chicago,they needed the speed,and might have gotten Marchand going.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Lot of posters wanting Briere...not a fan of ridding one injury problem in Horton and replacing him with a much smaller, older, oft-injured version in Briere.  Not a good fit.  I do like moving Seguin only if the right offer is out there...a top 6 forward and a high first rounder.  If they are going to go for an older guy, then Iginla is the way better fit as long as he comes for a reduced price.

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to bim09's comment:

If Seguin gets dealt, that only means one thing - Chiarelli prefered Hall.  And with Horton leaving, maybe he's considering a larger retooling. 

Disagree that PC preffered Hall because if the cap didn't go down then I don't Seguin would be dangled. Agree that Tyler needs to toughen up no matter where he plays.

Agree that Chiarelli is looking for a larger retool without touching the core.

The reports are of him signing a 5M retirement and thanks for everything, one year dear with Ottawa

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Minny wants a 2nd pick for him.  Is he not a perfect bruin.  They say hes gonna be traded.  Id be offering a 2nd and a prospect.   Mathias and clutterbuck would likely be a max of 5 for both.  Add kelly 3 and thats 8 million.  These are 3rd liners.

[/QUOTE]

I would lover Clutterbuck at that price, but I don't see Mathias signing that cheap.

His agent will be telling whichever GM he is dealing with, that his client just finished a season, in which he out-scored;

Claude Giroux, Alex Semin, Jeff Skinner, Nathan Horton, Jamie Benn, Marian Gaborik, Brad Richards, Daniel Sedin, Loui Eriksson, and the list goes on.

No way IMO, does he sign for 3rd line money.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The reports are of him signing a 5M retirement and thanks for everything, one year dear with Ottawa [/QUOTE]

Have fun believing those reports. Daniel had 26 points in 47 games at $4.875M this past season, not getting a pay raise at his age.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would lover Clutterbuck at that price, but I don't see Mathias signing that cheap.

His agent will be telling whichever GM he is dealing with, that his client just finished a season, in which he out-scored;

Claude Giroux, Alex Semin, Jeff Skinner, Nathan Horton, Jamie Benn, Marian Gaborik, Brad Richards, Daniel Sedin, Loui Eriksson, and the list goes on.

No way IMO, does he sign for 3rd line money.

[/QUOTE]

Mathias and clutterbuck are 2 m type players.  The caps going down.  They arent top 6.  Raffi signed 2m deal.  Raffi is better then both of those guys.  If one season wonders get paid top 6 dollars the league is in trouble.  Especially after a 40 plus Gm season.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Clutterbuck is a truck.  Mathias is the try hard of the year.  Playing with kelly. Nice 3rd line.

It should be a nice 3rd line. With Clutterbuck and Mathias both RFA's, and in line for BIG pay-days, that 3rd line should be about an 11 to 12 Million dollar cap hit! [/QUOTE]

RFAs don't usually get huge pay raises and Chiarelli can let them go to arbitration. What I think shipping out Seguin does, is it gives the Bruins to add much better depth to the team so we don't have to see Daugavins, Pandolpo and Jagr types again.

It gives Boston more options when free agency hits.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The more I think about it the more I think the kid needs to be a center. It's the position he played when he was the Central Scouting number one ranked player.  Have him work on that this off-season. The trouble, with that is you already have two more polished centers. Three centers and not enough wingers to get the most out of them in a cap down year.

I love David Krejci, but I would explore seeing what kind of winger or wingers he would bring in return as I believe Seguin has the higher upside. it would have to be a multi-player deal but Jordan Eberle sure would look great on Seguins wing. Edmonton, sooner or later is going to have to deal some of that young talent. Krejci with a defenseman (Bartkowsi or Krug) to Edmonton for Eberle and another player would be a nice fit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

[QUOTE]  Clutterbuck is a truck.  Mathias is the try hard of the year.  Playing with kelly. Nice 3rd line.

It should be a nice 3rd line. With Clutterbuck and Mathias both RFA's, and in line for BIG pay-days, that 3rd line should be about an 11 to 12 Million dollar cap hit! [/QUOTE]

RFAs don't usually get huge pay raises and Chiarelli can let them go to arbitration. What I think shipping out Seguin does, is it gives the Bruins to add much better depth to the team so we don't have to see Daugavins, Pandolpo and Jagr types again.

It gives Boston more options when free agency hits.

[/QUOTE]

San i agree completely.  You go young and cheap with a guy like drouin.  You then can add depth to the 3rd line in a solid player like weiss, clutterbuck, macarthur types and you can bring in a briere or iggy to replace horton.  Yes i said iggy.  

if they could get weiss for a 3rd line center by letting kelly peverly and seguin go i would do it.  

Sections
Shortcuts